Repairing the run offense is No. 1

StatTiger

Though it is important to work on Jeremy Johnson, I believe it is even more important to get this ground game going. Malzahn's offense is built upon his run-offense and there is no way Johnson improves if the running game remains inconsistent.

Pct of run thru 2 games:

2010: 72%

2013: 71%

2015: 59%

Three different QB's starting at Auburn for the first time but Johnson by far has been teamed up with the worse run-offense.

From 2000-2015:

0-99 yards rushing: 111.7 pass efficiency

100-149: 133.2 rating

150-175: 126.9 rating

176-200: 137.6 rating

201-250: 142.4 rating

251-up: 159.9 rating

AU has struggled establishing the run early thru 2 games with 64% of the rushing yardage coming during the 2nd half. Get the ground game going and the offense will perform and look better.

I agree but sometimes the QB has to help the run game. Last yr was a good yr but not the same as the yr before because we lost Tre and jay prosche. Before Jason Campbell became prolific his sr yr the d wax able to stop the caddy/Ronnie combo. Not being a threat as a passer or runner allows the d to become one dimensional. Jeremy has to get respect to open the run game.

A big part of that will be getting solid line play. Then the run. Then the passing game, I think. LSU defended the run pretty well last week, so there will probably lots of Barber runs, short passes and short passes to Barber vs LSU.

The who gonna load up with them big Cajun s and shut the run down. JJ has got to be able to capitalize. Gus has got to give him high % plays to make, slants,wheels and outs. Heck maybe a screen even. How bout some TE calls.

Archived