Four LSU takeaways (now with added positivity!!)

Dual-Threat Rigby

OP has a point. I hope Gus looks at this game and realizes just how stubborn he has been, and see that his read option is what works and is what he needs to stick with a recruit for. Leave the pro style QBs to the pro style offenses, but this is an up tempo zone read offense that isn't up tempo and can't seem to figure out the read option is a necessary staple that Malzahn's offense needs. Season will be saved if Malzhan figures out a way to implement this effectively. Question is will he do it.... And when

It's pretty telling to me that I don't recognize most of the people saying "this is the worst team since 2012" and "fire the whole staff".... Are you f@$&!$g kidding me?

Look. I get it. We got beat. Bad.

I know what your going to say. "Hurr durr jax state hurr durr".

Jeremy Johnson was not the problem on offense today.

You have no idea what you're watching out there. A quarterback that couldn't make simple reads, couldn't throw under pressure and took ill-advised 8-10 yard loses because he refused to throw the ball away. That's a QB with a problem

We still have to face Derrick Henry, who is just as good as Fournette. Gonna be an ugly iron bowl.

He's good but he ain't Fournette good. Fournette should be in the NFL NOW!

It'd be completely worthless to be negative after this game, so..

1. Uh....Stanton Truitt looked good?

2. Kerryon is a very good weapon

3. Leonard Fournette is the best back we'll ever face ever

Bonus. It can't get any worse for Jeremy

It literally can't

Here's the biggest positive I have to give. Something washed over me seeing this game. I genuinely believe we may have learned something about this offense. We NEED read option and zone read offense. This offense looks much better with the threat to run. GUS needs this. Good to see.

Are you still going to make your 10 takeaways thread or is this it for the week?

I have 10 takeaways but there's like 2 positive ones so I felt no reason to make it.

We still have to face Derrick Henry, who is just as good as Fournette. Gonna be an ugly iron bowl.

He's good but he ain't Fournette good. Fournette should be in the NFL NOW!

If Henry isn't Fournette, he isn't that much behind....almost the exact same frame and speed. If this defense and Lawson (Jesus is he ever gonna play?) doesn't improve, Saban isn't gonna have the same mercy Miles did and take him out.

One positive-maybe we faced one of the best teams in the country at one of the toughest stadiums anywhere. We'll see how things shake out.

How is LSU one of the best teams? They barely beat a MSU who is depending on Dak for basically everything. We're just not that good but LSU isn't that great of a team and they could easily hide Harris today because he didn't even have to throw the ball. They only made him throw it because they didn't want to wear Fournette down.

DTR thank u for pointing this out. I don't think au is putting its best players out there. We needed this beating. Smith needs some time at qb. We need to reopen position battles. As bad as today was. Gus will right the ship

I think you are right. I certainly hope you are.

One positive-maybe we faced one of the best teams in the country at one of the toughest stadiums anywhere. We'll see how things shake out.

How is LSU one of the best teams? They barely beat a MSU who is depending on Dak for basically everything. We're just not that good but LSU isn't that great of a team and they could easily hide Harris today because he didn't even have to throw the ball. They only made him throw it because they didn't want to wear Fournette down.

How can you say this. LSU just beat a very good Auburn team that's suppose to contend for the SECw. Do the wins against Louisville and JSU mean nothing to you?

It's pretty telling to me that I don't recognize most of the people saying "this is the worst team since 2012" and "fire the whole staff".... Are you f@$&!$g kidding me?

Jeremy Johnson was not the problem on offense today. Yes, he threw a pick. He probably shouldn't have thrown that ball, but he put it in a spot for his receiver to make a play. Yes, he fumbled.

No, the real problem, the real CRIME of the situation is that Jeremy had 0 time to make a play, yet everyone wants to bench him. None. Notice that when we ran the ball effectively, it was because we 1) ran the ball outside or 2) ran a QB draw. It is real hard to throw the ball when half a second after you hike it, you've got a defender in your face.

Defensively, 49% of the problems we had were caused by the lack of good play from the DL. 49% stemmed from really bad tackling. The other 2% stemmed IMO from having guys not recruited for this scheme. We don't have a big nose tackle that can plug up the middle. Our buck didn't get pressure on the QB. Our guys didn't diagnose plays quickly.

This!

I'm surprised to see so much hate on Johnson after this game. One of the fumbles was on him (the first one that he recovered) but the second one was mostly on the offensive line. He was hit a fraction of a second after the snap and really had no chance to tuck the ball. The interception was partially on duke and partially on Johnson. It was a little high, but it also seemed like duke pulled up on his route.

Otherwise, he did okay today. He even made some impressive plays when things broke down.

The bigger issue today was defense. If the defense had even made two stops, it would have been a game through the end. We scored 21 points in the second half, and could have potentially scored more if our defense had been able to make a few stops.

How can you say this. LSU just beat a very good Auburn team that's suppose to contend for the SECw. Do the wins against Louisville and JSU mean nothing to you?

Haha! I like what you did there! :dunno:

Jeremy Johnson was not the problem on offense today.

You have no idea what you're watching out there. A quarterback that couldn't make simple reads, couldn't throw under pressure and took ill-advised 8-10 yard loses because he refused to throw the ball away. That's a QB with a problem

Couldn't throw under pressure? He threw the ball 19 times tonight, and he was pressured for more than a few of them.

And if you're talking about when JJ was scrambling and didn't throw it away, that was a good decision. His linemen were downfield. Throwing it would've been a penalty.

Believe it or not, I've watched a lot of football. Like I said, I know that JJ could've played better, but the bigger issue here is the OL play. It wouldn't have mattered if we had Cam Newton, Nick Marshall, or Pat Sullivan back there tonight, the OL didn't open up holes, they didn't give the QB time, and they got their butts handed to them. It's easy to blame Johnson for taking a sack, but when we have five blockers, and they get to the QB when rushing 4, something is wrong with the blocking.

Archived