After This One

AUFlyer99

I still like Gus. I think this team was highly overrated. JJ was not as good as we hoped. I don't expect CWM to come in and turn our defense to world beaters first season, expected improvements.

But honestly, I have no answers. I am still in shock from preseason being favored to looking like a lower tiered SEC team.

Whomever is in charge of QB development needs to be fired. We haven't had a decent QB since Gus has been here except for Cam. I am starting to believe that Gus really had nothing to do with his development and that Cam learned everything at UF. It is either that or Cam is just that good. Gus is going to get himself fired if he doesn't put the best player under center. I know JJ waited 2 years for his chance but screw that. He can stow that pride of his if he thinks he is owed something for waiting. If Gus needs a dual threat QB to win then I say put Jason Smith back there. Heck even White deserves a chance. At least they could actually make plays because JJ is just not getting it done. Plus I just don't see leadership on this team at all except for Carl. I am not seeing anyone on the offense stepping up and grabbing the reigns to wake their fellow players up. I love Auburn football just like the rest of you guys but if this is the kind of team that will take the field the rest of the season then I guess I will find better things to do with my Saturdays

JJ makes just enough plays to keep his job. Most of his early plays were bad and LSU defense relaxed a little in the second half. A defense can afford to do that when the offense scores at will. If MSU puts us away early next week (sure hope not) then we'll see what Gus is made of. I still think he is a good coach except for that stubborn streak which may eventually cause his demise.

Not giving up on Gus yet but the end of last year and now this has me more than just mildly concerned.

This is pretty much where I'm at. Not giving up by any means and I am still on the bus, but from the aTm game last year to now is a definite pattern that even the most sunshine pumping AU homer should be concerned about. We a mess.

Malzahn's history as a coach doesn't match what we've seen since aTm. I still want to hope this is a temporary blimp of bad breaks and sometimes poor choices. True test of his coaching is if he can keep these kids fighting. The talent IS there. The mental toughness at qb hasn't matched the natural ability seen in practice... Coaches attempt to be patient has backfired.

I still believe it's a scrappy team. They made mistakes tonight but did NOT roll over.

Malzahn's history as a coach doesn't match what we've seen since aTm. I still want to hope this is a temporary blimp of bad breaks and sometimes poor choices. True test of his coaching is if he can keep these kids fighting. The talent IS there. The mental toughness at qb hasn't matched the natural ability seen in practice... Coaches attempt to be patient has backfired.

I still believe it's a scrappy team. They made mistakes tonight but did NOT roll over.

I haven't seen any scrap in this team. Look at their faces, their body language. Look at the receivers loafing and the D-line getting plowed on every snap. I didn't see anything the past two weeks that should give us any optimism for the rest of the season.

We should've been unranked to start the season. JK. But we shouldn't have been number six. I was thinking like mid teens and then yes, we should've been out after last week. We weren't good last year and nothing has changed this year except for the fact that we've indeed gotten worse.

I hope the ship gets right, but from a very realistic standpoint and after witnessing the games I have the past two weeks, it doesn't look like it will. We're in for a long season and possibly something reminiscent of 2012.

Hate to say it, but someone has to.

War Eagle anyways.

Gus is an OC. Not a HC.

wde

Right now, he's not an OC either...

No, I think he ok at OC, but that is all he is. He needs someone to blame and do the rest of the work. I do not expect him to be our HC in 2 years

Archived