It is trending that our last two HC hires have been

AUIH1

Sarcasm. ..should have hired patrino!!!....sarcasm.... it is what it is but I don't like how things are going with our offense, especially the pass game. JJ'S accuracy is awful and he plays scared (imo). I love Auburn and still believe CGM and C BOOM can get it together and pull off a 8 or 9 win season. We all bought into the hype but some can handle not living up to the hype better than others. It's just a game after all...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Face it, we have idiot fans

What the hell are you talking about?

I'm talking about a bunch of fair weather morons turning on a coach that won 12 games his first season and 8 games his second season. but since you seem confused by the term idiot....., hope this helps

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=definition+idiot

Sounds like Gene Chizik all over again.

Funny you should say that:

Chizik

1st year with Gus w/o Cam:.........8-5 : 3-5

2nd year with Gus with Cam:.......14-0 : 8:0

3rd year with Gus w/o Cam..........8-5 : 4-4

4th year with no Gus...............3-9 : 0-8

Malzahn

1st Year w/NM.....................12-2 : 7-1

2nd Year w/NM......................8-5 : 4-4

3rd Year w/JJ......................2-1 : 0-1

--------------------------------------------

I don't really know what to think. I'm honestly scared to fire yet another coach after 3 seasons; I mean who would want to come here to coach this team?

If you look at what is possible though, we could see a coach that had 12 wins in 2013, 8 games in 2014, and maybe only 4 or 5 wins in 2015. All this regression with some solid recruiting classes during the same time.

I guess I'll just give it a few more years and see how we respond to this adversity. I don't even know what to do at this point.

Either way, War Eagle from a very saddened Auburn fan.

Our being terrible must be all on the coaches. surely it doesn't have anythng to do with an all star qb that turned into a bust. It happens. we'll get better as the year goes on or we have other issues. 3 games in and crying about the coaches when you were praising them pre season shows that a lot of you guys are reactionary idiots

Personally, I think it has more to with an O-line that can't block, defenders that can't shed blocks or tackle, guys taking themselves outta position, guys that can't block on the edge, etc. honestly I think JJ might be a byproduct of all of this.

I'm talking about a bunch of fair weather morons turning on a coach that won 12 games his first season and 8 games his second season. but since you seem confused by the term idiot....., hope this helps

I'm not pulling out the pitchforks on any of the coaches (I wouldn't be depressed if Lashlee left though). However, Auburn University has invested many millions in football coach salaries, and those coaches have basically unlimited resources at their disposal. Recruiting has supposedly been consistently solid. I have not seen any results this year that match the investment made in the program. By most accounts, Gus Malzahn is an offensive "guru" or "genius", yet in year three of his tenure fielded an offense that could not post 100 yards in the first half. For people to find that unacceptable and question the coaching staff is not idiotic or even unreasonable.

I still believe CGM and C BOOM can get it together and pull off a 8 or 9 win season. We all bought into the hype but some can handle not living up to the hype better than others. It's just a game after all...

I said when Gus was announced as the new HC, sure, he is a good coach but I was not convinced that he was the best option. CGM is good for 8-9 wins each year but I'll ask you, and everyone on this board, is that good enough for you? Is that enough to be competitive in the SEC West?

Answer: No it's not.

Our being terrible must be all on the coaches. surely it doesn't have anythng to do with an all star qb that turned into a bust. It happens. we'll get better as the year goes on or we have other issues. 3 games in and crying about the coaches when you were praising them pre season shows that a lot of you guys are reactionary idiots

Personally, I think it has more to with an O-line that can't block, defenders that can't shed blocks or tackle, guys taking themselves outta position, guys that can't block on the edge, etc. honestly I think JJ might be a byproduct of all of this.

Totally disagree.....defenses putting 9 men in the box and daring JJ to throw the ball. Despite that and the frequent blitzes, JJ has not been pressured excessively and suffered very few sacks and yet he can't seem to find an open receiver. AND, despite the loaded box by the D, and no fake whatsoever by JJ, the RBs still mange to get a few yards. .

Totally disagree.....defenses putting 9 men in the box and daring JJ to throw the ball. Despite that and the frequent blitzes, JJ has not been pressured excessively and suffered very few sacks and yet he can't seem to find an open receiver. AND, despite the loaded box by the D, and no fake whatsoever by JJ, the RBs still mange to get a few yards. .

A few yards ain't doing much for us. They are getting better though, so there's that

Grossly incompetent staff from top to bottom. Can't understand having that much talent and that much promise to completely pissing away a team.

I'd like to see your analysis on talent position by position. All I see is mostly average.

Offensive line looked just fine tonight to me

Grossly incompetent staff from top to bottom. Can't understand having that much talent and that much promise to completely pissing away a team.

I'd like to see your analysis on talent position by position. All I see is mostly average.

Who's responsible for that?

Offensive line looked just fine tonight to me

I think you are right about that

"emperor with no clothes" hires..... One very good to great season followed by seasons that were total disasters. I hope Gus can pull it together but right now his coaching record is worse than Chizik's. Looks like to me Gus is an OC not a HC.

wde

At least Chizik had excuses. That team was young. The offensive coordinator hire (that looked good on paper as he had a history with quarterbacks and claimed to run a versatile scheme) ended up being a bust. Their was a clear issue with Tim jackson's role in control of player discipline.

Gus has none of those excuses. This team is very physically gifted and our play calling on both sides of the ball has been awful. It's too early to put Gus on the hottest, but it may start warming up if we lose to moo state next week.

If this board has taught me anything, it's not to fight cripples. Have a nice night.

In my poor opinion we are learning. A new defense and have the wrong qb for our offense. Everything else follows that.

I was waiting all night for this post. It took longer than expected.

I do think there's a domino effect from how awful the QB play is. Lack of a passing game is hurting the entire offense. Offensive ineptitude puts the defense on the field too much and in bad situations. Not that the defense came out playing great from the get go. But I feel like if the offense was clicking like it ought to be, it changes a lot of other areas.

Gus put a lot of those 12 and 8 wins in jeopardy and lost 1 and 4 or 5 of those losses himself

I do think there's a domino effect from how awful the QB play is. Lack of a passing game is hurting the entire offense. Offensive ineptitude puts the defense on the field too much and in bad situations. Not that the defense came out playing great from the get go. But I feel like if the offense was clicking like it ought to be, it changes a lot of other areas.

That is the most inexplicable part of this. I expected the defense to still be suspect, as Muschamp can only do so much. I did not expect the offense to be so atrocious. Much is said about Gus' offense requiring a mobile QB, but that simply is not the case. However, it does require a QB that can play the position effectively, whether it is passing or running. There has been enough of a pocket for JJ to be an effective passer even if he was anchored into the ground. I also lament the lack of tempo.

A largely one-dimensional offense worked so well in 2013 because we had the unique combination of a RB that decided to catch fire, a QB that was shifty with WR speed, a QB that could make some ridiculous plays while rolling out of the pocket, and probably the best execution of fake handoffs I have ever seen. That's not the kind of thing that can be duplicated consistently, and I doubt that Gus expected to operate 2013 clones indefinitely.

This offense has not demonstrated that it can stretch the field vertically, and it cannot move the ball effectively without that. Like you, I believe things would be quite different if the offense was working well, and that includes the defense. Regardless of whatever improvements might have been made defensively, it's definitely not good enough to spend much of the first half on the field in brutal heat while the offense fails to even gain 100 yards.

The coaching staff is filled with accomplished coaches top to bottom. Maybe, just maybe the players are not what we thought they were.

The coaching staff is filled with accomplished coaches top to bottom. Maybe, just maybe the players are not what we thought they were.

Who is responsible for that?

wde

Anyone on this board could have coached the dogs D line. Georgia gets the pick of a very good litter every year. Garner IS NOT a very good coach anymore. He may have been but not anymore. Rhett Lashley hasn't proved that he deserves a salary anymore than any GA. DC should be coaching our QBs. I believe the D staff minus garner, will be ok WHEN and IF we are ever able to bring in quality talent. As long as the Turd King is instate we will struggle with that. We are pretty much STUCK. If we dump malzahn no coach out there is gonna touch Au after we fired 2 coaches this close after getting to the big dance.

Anyone on this board could have coached the dogs D line. Georgia gets the pick of a very good litter every year. Garner IS NOT a very good coach anymore. He may have been but not anymore. Rhett Lashley hasn't proved that he deserves a salary anymore than any GA. DC should be coaching our QBs. I believe the D staff minus garner, will be ok WHEN and IF we are ever able to bring in quality talent. As long as the Turd King is instate we will struggle with that. We are pretty much STUCK. If we dump malzahn no coach out there is gonna touch Au after we fired 2 coaches this close after getting to the big dance.

So your suggestion is to stay with Gus even if we win less than 8 regular season games with losses to uga and spuat at home?

wde

Archived