It is trending that our last two HC hires have been

AUIH1

Face it, we have idiot fans

What the hell are you talking about?

I'm talking about a bunch of fair weather morons turning on a coach that won 12 games his first season and 8 games his second season. but since you seem confused by the term idiot....., hope this helps

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=definition+idiot

That's exactly what people told me in 2011 when I pointed out that Chizik didn't seem to be working out.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last year we got beat in one game that could be laid on the coaches. Georgia. Every other game we had players in position to make plays that didn't. I drove home from vacation today. I had to listen to the LSU broadcast. You soon learn an announcer, and his habits. I can't count the time this guy would start a play sounding depressed because we had players in position to make plays, and get super excited when we ran past the runner or bounced off of him and he ran forever. What about you, Auburn fan? Besides firing another coach 3 games into his third season, what would you do? You're great at tearing down everybody, what's the solution? Remember, you have the same 4and 5 stars you have now.

LOL, let your Mommy read you a sweet bedtime story.

wde

Let me guess.....you are in your early twenties, got a lot of participation trophies, you're really good at computer games, and would pass out if a big tall guy tried to tackle you or block your shot with a malice aforethought. WDE!! From an old guy who should know better than to argue with fools. Sleep tight, little man.

Anyone on this board could have coached the dogs D line. Georgia gets the pick of a very good litter every year. Garner IS NOT a very good coach anymore. He may have been but not anymore. Rhett Lashley hasn't proved that he deserves a salary anymore than any GA. DC should be coaching our QBs. I believe the D staff minus garner, will be ok WHEN and IF we are ever able to bring in quality talent. As long as the Turd King is instate we will struggle with that. We are pretty much STUCK. If we dump malzahn no coach out there is gonna touch Au after we fired 2 coaches this close after getting to the big dance.

So your suggestion is to stay with Gus even if we win less than 8 regular season games with losses to uga and spuat at home?

wde

I'm tired of the Auburn way being that we look to fire a coach 3-4 years in. It's been like this ever since Dye retired. Rumblings about firing Bowden after Year 4 led to him quitting midway through his 5th season. Had JetGate not been uncovered at the end of 2003, Tubs would have been canned for Petrino after 4 years. Chizik fired after Year Three. Now some people calling for a house cleaning to include Gus.

I'm not saying all of those firings were unjustified, but it's unsustainable. Not only can we not afford it financially with buyout upon buyout being paid, but it's going to make it next to impossible to ever get a good coach to come here. We've played for a natty twice in my lifetime (I'm 44). Both of those were under the coaching of Gus Malzahn. I'm as ticked off and upset as anyone about the inexplicable play of Jeremy and the continuing crappy defense. But we have got to stop thinking the solution is getting rid of the coach and starting over. Not in Year 3, not again.

Exactly. We need continuity in the program. Making a coaching change every time things don't go like we want them too is ridiculous. All these knee jerk reactions don't serve any purpose at all.

If you think any reactions (knee jerk or not) on an internet message board mean anything in terms of what happens on or off of the field then I hope you can get help somewhere.

wde

You made my point for me. Your opinion (and mine) mean absolutely NOTHING. All the "fire the coach" talk does is embarrass the rest of the fan base. I'm not at all surprised you can't see that.

I am not at all surprised that you fail to understand that anything posted on an internet message board will not embarrass the rest of the fan base since the vast majority of the "rest of the fan base" does not read this message board.

wde

Last year we got beat in one game that could be laid on the coaches. Georgia. Every other game we had players in position to make plays that didn't. I drove home from vacation today. I had to listen to the LSU broadcast. You soon learn an announcer, and his habits. I can't count the time this guy would start a play sounding depressed because we had players in position to make plays, and get super excited when we ran past the runner or bounced off of him and he ran forever. What about you, Auburn fan? Besides firing another coach 3 games into his third season, what would you do? You're great at tearing down everybody, what's the solution? Remember, you have the same 4and 5 stars you have now.

LOL, let your Mommy read you a sweet bedtime story.

wde

Let me guess.....you are in your early twenties, got a lot of participation trophies, you're really good at computer games, and would pass out if a big tall guy tried to tackle you or block your shot with a malice aforethought. WDE!! From an old guy who should know better than to argue with fools. Sleep tight, little man.

LOL, 52 years old. AU Degree in Marine Biology. Invited to Pat Dye's birthday celebrations in Notasulga. Don't believe in participation trophies but you obviously do based on you blind support of our coaching staff no matter what is put on the field or what happens off of the field. Try to keep up.

wde

Archived