What's the Real Story?

Browning4AU

My 6 yr old son asked me if he could be a bama fan because AU is not any good. I told him he should be for whoever he wants. I also told him AU would not be winning many if any games this season.

you missed a good teaching moment..support your team no matter what..to be an updyke fan is child abuse

Your wrong. You teach your kid that it is his/hers to choose. I am the biggest AU fan there is, but thats my decision. He can do what he wants. He gets all AU at home, but when he sees how bad the team is, he looks for a winner. Its only because he is smart, I am not.

So you are teaching him to be a bandwagon fan. Only cheer for something or someone when they are good is a horrible lesson to teach somebody. But that's just me. A true fan of anybody supports the program no matter the state of the program..

^this^

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 6 yr old son asked me if he could be a bama fan because AU is not any good. I told him he should be for whoever he wants. I also told him AU would not be winning many if any games this season.

you missed a good teaching moment..support your team no matter what..to be an updyke fan is child abuse

Your wrong. You teach your kid that it is his/hers to choose. I am the biggest AU fan there is, but thats my decision. He can do what he wants. He gets all AU at home, but when he sees how bad the team is, he looks for a winner. Its only because he is smart, I am not.

So you are teaching him to be a bandwagon fan. Only cheer for something or someone when they are good is a horrible lesson to teach somebody. But that's just me. A true fan of anybody supports the program no matter the state of the program..

^this^

Most Alabama fans support a football team. Most Auburn fans support a university.

^this^

Most Alabama fans support a football team. Most Auburn fans support a university.

Thanks....

^this^

LOL, most AU graduates support Auburn University. Most AU fans support a football factory. As an athletic program, AU is a football factory. Since in athletics, AU is a football factory, we should have a good to great football program based on how much money and support is put into the football program.

wde

No you're wrong and one day you'll figure it out that you're wrong.

^this^

LOL, most AU graduates support Auburn University. Most AU fans support a football factory. As an athletic program, AU is a football factory. Since in athletics, AU is a football factory, we should have a good to great football program based on how much money and support is put into the football program.

wde

Never has a post been so wrong. I have been an Auburn fan and son of a grad for more years than you have been alive. The team may be bad, the season may be long, but their are 1000 uat bandwagon fans for every one of AUs. Screw losing a game. That was a loser post.

Ok everyone. I think things are obvious. This team is not even going to a bowl game. The only SEC team they might have a chance to beat is Arkansas.

I hope Gus realizes that it is time to look to the future. Lets get those Freshmen and and Sophomores in there. I would like to see Cowart and White and those younger guys in there and lets see what they are made of.

Watching the football product we have out there right now…. week in and week out will only get us depressed. I would rather watch our younger guys lose but still have some great plays and show promise for the future than to sit by the next 10 weeks or so and see our Juniors and Senior get there butts handed to them.

Pathetic…. why can;t we put a consistent product out there year after year? Like Saban.

The fat hogs are gonna rip us a new one up there.

Only losers predict a loss before it happens. Don't be a loser.

Ok everyone. I think things are obvious. This team is not even going to a bowl game. You don't know that. The only SEC team they might have a chance to beat is Arkansas.

I hope Gus realizes that it is time to look to the future. Lets get those Freshmen and and Sophomores in there. I would like to see Cowart and White and those younger guys in there and lets see what they are made of.

Watching the football product we have out there right now…. week in and week out will only get us depressed. I would rather watch our younger guys lose but still have some great plays and show promise for the future than to sit by the next 10 weeks or so and see our Juniors and Senior get there butts handed to them.

Pathetic…. why can;t we put a consistent product out there year after year? Like Saban.

This is a massive over reaction if I've ever seen one. It's ONE loss. You don't bail on the entire season after 1 loss. That's ridiculous.

^this^

wde

Never has a post been so wrong. I have been an Auburn fan and son of a grad for more years than you have been alive. The team may be bad, the season may be long, but their are 1000 uat bandwagon fans for every one of AUs. Screw losing a game. That was a loser post.

I am a AU grad and send my money to Auburn University academics (biology and business). I am 52 years old. How long have you been an AU fan? Do you give to AU academics?

wde

I am 60 years old. I support Auburn University,monetarily, even though my children went elsewhere, due to scolarships and sports. My guess is you have never played athletics, and are feeding the Tuscaloosa and New York newspapers with negative stories on AU.If not, you would if you could. Whatever, you seem to be a bitter, small man. God bless you, anyway, and WDE. In capitals.

Wow!!!!

Yes, a 6 year old has every right to choose what or who he likes. (Even Alabama) But to encourage a child to quit on anything does not register with me.

So little Dougy woke up an Auburn fan and turned Alabama by 6PM. What happens when Ole Miss pulls this game out? I'm no Dr Phil but.......

I am 60 years old. I support Auburn University,monetarily, even though my children went elsewhere, due to scolarships and sports. My guess is you have never played athletics, and are feeding the Tuscaloosa and New York newspapers with negative stories on AU.If not, you would if you could. Whatever, you seem to be a bitter, small man. God bless you, anyway, and WDE. In capitals.

I actually played football and basketball in HS. Had an offer to walk on to play basketball at Troy State, but decided I wanted an AU education (after growing up in Notasulga being an AU fan and going to games since I was literally a toddler) instead of riding the pine at Troy. I paid out of state tuition for one of my children to go to AU with the help of an academic scholarship. I am hardly bitter. I am proud of my AU education. God does bless me. Thanks.

Instead of teaching a kid to persevere, not quit / give up, you teach him to be not just a band wagon fan but tell him it's OK to be a hammer?

Wow.....

Apparently, Auburn does not have a back up quarterback that is better than JJ. Poor recruiting, we have bought a pig in a poke. Time to recruit better. At least we can offer immediate playing time. Someone will bite on the chance. I don't think Alabama is worth a crap either. I would be surprised if we win another game this season. Injuries have not been kind. Poor assessment of players by the coaches. Geesh, and I thought we had the best coaches in the country. Show's you what I know. There is still a chance, though. It's just that there are no answers. I hope they scrap all of the plays and go to a different offense, wishbone? The defense is decimated by injuries, at least they have a good excuse.

I think I may call my parents and thank them for teaching me that you have to stick with Auburn and can't just flip to their biggest rival because Auburn has a bad season.

Wow!!!!

Yes, a 6 year old has every right to choose what or who he likes. (Even Alabama) But to encourage a child to quit on anything does not register with me.

So little Dougy woke up an Auburn fan and turned Alabama by 6PM. What happens when Ole Miss pulls this game out? I'm no Dr Phil but.......

Sorry, you lost me. When did encourage him to quit? I told him facts. You are not worth having a conversation with.

^this^

Yes Sir. Best post of the season.

I think I may call my parents and thank them for teaching me that you have to stick with Auburn and can't just flip to their biggest rival because Auburn has a bad season.

My parents, and several other family members including myself are Auburn grads. Lol they taught me that we might not when the football game but we will win what counts and that is the party!!

Wow!!!!

Sorry, you lost me. When did encourage him to quit? I told him facts. You are not worth having a conversation with.

Doug, good for you, your son has to learn to make his own decisions. Hopefully, he will stick with Auburn, but it is his choice.

Wow!!!!

You are right. Good job and sorry to be heard in your presence.

Our best player is injured, and we're not sure when he'll be back on the field. We have no on-field leadership, just like 2012. JJ is doing his best Kiehl Frazier impersonation. Duke is playing at half-effort. We barely beat Jack St when we were playing our hardest - AT HOME. We're more mesmerized by a big video screen than by good coaching decisions. And I pray to God it's not got to do with dissension in the ranks, but I have a gut feeling that it does.

Do I believe these can be solved? Certainly, but it will take a remarkable effort by the entire team, top to bottom, starting with the coaches looking in the mirror. And with us fans lowering our expectations for the season. Think about it - we replaced a ton of starters on offense, have an entirely new defensive coaching staff, and are starting a lot of freshmen. If you were judging any other team, objectively, you'd recommend that team's fanbase not expect too much, right?

Archived