What's the Real Story?

Browning4AU

Our best player is injured, and we're not sure when he'll be back on the field. We have no on-field leadership, just like 2012. JJ is doing his best Kiehl Frazier impersonation. Duke is playing at half-effort. We barely beat Jack St when we were playing our hardest - AT HOME. We're more mesmerized by a big video screen than by good coaching decisions. And I pray to God it's not got to do with dissension in the ranks, but I have a gut feeling that it does.

Do I believe these can be solved? Certainly, but it will take a remarkable effort by the entire team, top to bottom, starting with the coaches looking in the mirror. And with us fans lowering our expectations for the season. Think about it - we replaced a ton of starters on offense, have an entirely new defensive coaching staff, and are starting a lot of freshmen. If you were judging any other team, objectively, you'd recommend that team's fanbase not expect too much, right?

Correct....just seems that too many people bought into Gus's hype story about JJ, the "boom is back", Duke an All -American WR, etc. etc.

Time to start over with the team .....still time to rescue the season but not if things don't change quickly.

Need to at least give someone else a look at QB for part of a game.....see who has a bit of the hot hand..

And time for Duke to go. JMO but any play where his number is called is a wasted play because he and JJ are not only not on the same page, they are not in the same library......and though nobody will say it, I expect he is a hidden cancer for the team with his poor effort (and yet still being #1).

This is the era of offensive football and if nothing else, the OM-Bama game should show folks that the best defenses can not stop the better offenses. Everyone talks about the OM defense but they gave up 37 points to a team with two mediocre QBs and a propensity for mistakes.

I'm about the only one I guess, but I'm still less worried about the defense than I am about our totally ineffective offense.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok everyone. I think things are obvious. This team is not even going to a bowl game. You don't know that. The only SEC team they might have a chance to beat is Arkansas.

I hope Gus realizes that it is time to look to the future. Lets get those Freshmen and and Sophomores in there. I would like to see Cowart and White and those younger guys in there and lets see what they are made of.

Watching the football product we have out there right now…. week in and week out will only get us depressed. I would rather watch our younger guys lose but still have some great plays and show promise for the future than to sit by the next 10 weeks or so and see our Juniors and Senior get there butts handed to them.

Pathetic…. why can;t we put a consistent product out there year after year? Like Saban.

This is a massive over reaction if I've ever seen one. It's ONE loss. You don't bail on the entire season after 1 loss. That's ridiculous.

To be fair, it was an AWFUL loss. The team and coaches were embarrassed and didn't deserve to be competing on the same field as LSU. The two wins were less than impressive and that's putting it mildly. This team is absolute garbage right now and unless a whole lot changes, we'll be lucky to play in a lower-tier bowl.

Ok everyone. I think things are obvious. This team is not even going to a bowl game. You don't know that. The only SEC team they might have a chance to beat is Arkansas.

I hope Gus realizes that it is time to look to the future. Lets get those Freshmen and and Sophomores in there. I would like to see Cowart and White and those younger guys in there and lets see what they are made of.

Watching the football product we have out there right now…. week in and week out will only get us depressed. I would rather watch our younger guys lose but still have some great plays and show promise for the future than to sit by the next 10 weeks or so and see our Juniors and Senior get there butts handed to them.

Pathetic…. why can;t we put a consistent product out there year after year? Like Saban.

This is a massive over reaction if I've ever seen one. It's ONE loss. You don't bail on the entire season after 1 loss. That's ridiculous.

To be fair, it was an AWFUL loss. The team and coaches were embarrassed and didn't deserve to be competing on the same field as LSU. The two wins were less than impressive and that's putting it mildly. This team is absolute garbage right now and unless a whole lot changes, we'll be lucky to play in a lower-tier bowl.

that's true....BUT you still don't bail on the team or the University after 1 loss or totally give up all hope. Most of us here are Auburn fans without question and regardless of how many games we win. We have a few here that are Auburn fans only when its convenient and we are winning games, then we also have a few here that are disguised as Auburn fans that aren't really fans at all.

that's true....BUT you still don't bail on the team or the University after 1 loss or totally give up all hope. Most of us here are Auburn fans without question and regardless of how many games we win. We have a few here that are Auburn fans only when its convenient and we are winning games, then we also have a few here that are disguised as Auburn fans that aren't really fans at all.

I haven't given up on the team.....but if it quacks like a duck.....

To me that duck looks like it has some major issues that are only going to get worse.

I doubt anyone bails on the team no matter what. I did not bail on the team in 2012, I bailed on the coaching staff. I am not bailing on the team this season, but the coaching staff deserves any and all criticism that is thrown out. I am a proud AU grad and will never bail on Auburn University. Auburn University and the Auburn Football Program are separate entities.

wde

Amen WT!

Our best player is injured, and we're not sure when he'll be back on the field. We have no on-field leadership, just like 2012. JJ is doing his best Kiehl Frazier impersonation. Duke is playing at half-effort. We barely beat Jack St when we were playing our hardest - AT HOME. We're more mesmerized by a big video screen than by good coaching decisions. And I pray to God it's not got to do with dissension in the ranks, but I have a gut feeling that it does.

Do I believe these can be solved? Certainly, but it will take a remarkable effort by the entire team, top to bottom, starting with the coaches looking in the mirror. And with us fans lowering our expectations for the season. Think about it - we replaced a ton of starters on offense, have an entirely new defensive coaching staff, and are starting a lot of freshmen. If you were judging any other team, objectively, you'd recommend that team's fanbase not expect too much, right?

Correct....just seems that too many people bought into Gus's hype story about JJ, the "boom is back", Duke an All -American WR, etc. etc.

Time to start over with the team .....still time to rescue the season but not if things don't change quickly.

Need to at least give someone else a look at QB for part of a game.....see who has a bit of the hot hand..

And time for Duke to go. JMO but any play where his number is called is a wasted play because he and JJ are not only not on the same page, they are not in the same library......and though nobody will say it, I expect he is a hidden cancer for the team with his poor effort (and yet still being #1).

This is the era of offensive football and if nothing else, the OM-Bama game should show folks that the best defenses can not stop the better offenses. Everyone talks about the OM defense but they gave up 37 points to a team with two mediocre QBs and a propensity for mistakes.

I'm about the only one I guess, but I'm still less worried about the defense than I am about our totally ineffective offense.

Those two mediocre QBs have played much better than our Heisman candidate QB in the first three games.

Those two mediocre QBs have played much better than our Heisman candidate QB in the first three games.

true but neither are gonna make all SEC or anything....and guess one or the other of them has to take the blame for the upset loss to OM. Just saying that bama has some QB problems too .....as do about half the SEC teams at this point.

The guy UGA looked quite good....about all the dawgs need to go with their two all -world RBs. Wonder if Richt can find a way to let the SEC championship get away again ?.

A lot of this seasons success was relying on Jeremy Johnson...

We knew the defense was gonna struggle. Jimmies and Joes just aren't there. And, my god the injuries! Staff new they were gonna have to out score everybody!

But, there is no excuse why Jeremy is playing so bad! We put all our eggs in the JJ basket! Gus put some major expectations on his shoulders... He had him going to media days, and just talked him up from the end of last season! Without taking a meaningful snap!

That's coaching... plain and simple!

Gus has a 3rd year quarterback with some MAJOR dificiencies! Gus and the 'waist of space' Rhett Lashlee have done a bunch of talking, and not enough developing!

No more excuses! They're out of 'em...

The rest of the SEC is beginning to see, they might be out of their league...?

Sad to say so but Yea

Archived