Leonard Fournette

Barnacle

Still won't hit 100 against bammer.

He will unless he gets hurt.

does it have to be a hundred ?

(or does going over not count)

Excellent point

So...who get's the most yards against AU this season....Founette, Chubb or Henry....or ????

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still won't hit 100 against bammer.

He will unless he gets hurt.

does it have to be a hundred ?

(or does going over not count)

Excellent point

So...who get's the most yards against AU this season....Founette, Chubb or Henry....or ????

God I don't want to even think about it just yet

Fournette. Definitely not Chubb because Michel will get too many carries. Henry is good, but he's not that good. Plus Lane has the most wide-open offense among the three. Alex Collins will have a big day as well.

He did it against a horrible defense today. I'm still not impressed.. When he does it against a good defense I'll re-evaluate.

244 yards against the number 3 rush defense in the country. If you don't think he's one of the best RB's in the country you're a lunatic.

I wonder if he'll try to challenge the three year rule and try to go pro after this year

?? Is that even possible?

He can challenge it. As to whether he'd be successful or not, that is another matter entirely.

I wonder if he'll try to challenge the three year rule and try to go pro after this year

He can challenge it. As to whether he'd be successful or not, that is another matter entirely.

Who would he challenge? The NCAA or NFL?

Who would he challenge? The NCAA or NFL?

The NFL. It's their rule.

No way. There's already a federal court ruling affirming the limit. Plus, the last guy that challenged it didn't exactly have a great go of it from that point forward. We'll see Fournette again next year.

Did the fact that Fournette has braces make it sadder for anyone else to watch him run all over our defense?

No. Henry should follow suit.

Did the fact that Fournette has braces make it sadder for anyone else to watch him run all over our defense?

Nah but the way he was so polite and humble afterwards did...I felt he would've helped our guys up and told them they were winners because they tried hard, if he was allowed

No way. There's already a federal court ruling affirming the limit. Plus, the last guy that challenged it didn't exactly have a great go of it from that point forward. We'll see Fournette again next year.

That was a little different circumstance. Somebody is going to challenge it one day and be successful. Frankly, I think he should be able to go pro if he wants.

That was a little different circumstance. Somebody is going to challenge it one day and be successful. Frankly, I think he should be able to go pro if he wants.

As noted, this involves a labor agreement and courts don't like to get involved with that kind of thing where two parties have come to an agreement they are happy with. The NFL is a union shop and the players union sets rules about their "membership".

And guess the other thing is...who is going to finance a law suit against a billion dollar business enterprise?

As noted, this involves a labor agreement and courts don't like to get involved with that kind of thing where two parties have come to an agreement they are happy with. The NFL is a union shop and the players union sets rules about their "membership".

And guess the other thing is...who is going to finance a law suit against a billion dollar business enterprise?

Until Herschel Walker challenged them, players were unable to leave until after 4 years

Yeah, no one's taking on that expensive ass challenge. Who has the money to go through labor agreements and the federal court system?

Yeah, no one's taking on that expensive ass challenge. Who has the money to go through labor agreements and the federal court system?

It will happen at some point. Who will do it or when, I don't know but someone will. There are lawyers out there that would take it for the publicity.

Herschel had to go to a different league. He didn't challenge the rule and win.

And no. Clarett wasn't a different circumstance. Those two are almost identically situated. Someone might file suit, but they aren't going to win. It's bordering on a frivolous lawsuit given the Second Circuit decision that was handed down in the Clarett case (overturned Judge Scheindlin's thoughtful decision). With an appellate opinion on point in the home venue for the league, any challenge is up against a massive hurdle.

You'll see Fournette in the SEC next year.

Herschel had to go to a different league. He didn't challenge the rule and win.

And no. Clarett wasn't a different circumstance. Those two are almost identically situated. Someone might file suit, but they aren't going to win. It's bordering on a frivolous lawsuit given the Second Circuit decision that was handed down in the Clarett case (overturned Judge Scheindlin's thoughtful decision). With an appellate opinion on point in the home venue for the league, any challenge is up against a massive hurdle.

You'll see Fournette in the SEC next year.

Yes he will be but eventually it will be changed one way or another. q

Archived