The Positive Thread

AUFlyer99

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Least we didn't lose at home and have 5 turnovers in the process. In case anyone missed, while they were griping about our tigers, our in state rivals, who half the people on this board seem to wanna be like so much, got beat by an SEC team as well but had 5 turnovers playing at home. Check the stats, we got blasted mainly by a future NFL RB, but if you break down the film there were glimpses of some good things on offense. Play calling needs to involve more inverted veer/zone read game and defense needs to start hitting somebody. I don't know if they are scared of getting a flag or what but you got to want to hit somebody to play defense and I just don't see it from a lot of our key defenders.

I'm spending most of the season in Europe for vacation and work.

In all seriousness the offense showed a little life in second half but I think LSU had slacked off by that point. K. Johnson was putting in effort and that was nice to see.

We need a new DL coach, a new OC/QB coach and a new OL coach.

What about an AD? You're letting me down now...

Maybe next time....if I recall he hired the guys that the fans wanted him to hire.

So maybe Jay should not listen to the fans....who don't know much anyway.....and will turn on him in a minute even when he does what they want.

Maybe next time....if I recall he hired the guys that the fans wanted him to hire.

So maybe Jay should not listen to the fans....who don't know much anyway.....and will turn on him in a minute even when he does what they want.

Well yeah. The fans don't pay his bills so he can make the decision that he feels is necessary.

Well yeah. The fans don't pay his bills so he can make the decision that he feels is necessary.

You don't really believe that do you? An AD who does not listen to his fans? Who's that guy at U Texas that just lost his job because he did not listen to the PTB....I think he is out of a job.

In our case however, I think the fans got caught up in hiring Gus because they gave him the credit for the 2010 championship...maybe more than he deserved? Though like several guys with whom we have had experience, some Coordinators just don't make good HCs.

And perhaps indicative of nothing, the only common denominator with our defensive woes over the past six or seven years is .....Gus....wonder why that is?

You don't really believe that do you? An AD who does not listen to his fans? Who's that guy at U Texas that just lost his job because he did not listen to the PTB....I think he is out of a job.

In our case however, I think the fans got caught up in hiring Gus because they gave him the credit for the 2010 championship...maybe more than he deserved? Though like several guys with whom we have had experience, some Coordinators just don't make good HCs.

And perhaps indicative of nothing, the only common denominator with our defensive woes over the past six or seven years is .....Gus....wonder why that is?

I seem to remember the Van Gorder defense being pretty bad without Gus.

And this is the positive thread...

I know I'm one of the few that feel this way, but it appeared we started to actually establish an offensive identity in the second half. It was just a flicker but it was there. Too bad the defense was gassed at that point.

Is it clear to say now that John Chavis is the best defensive coordinator?

Maybe.....of course LSU had issues on D in some of the games he coached in. I think he's in a great spot right now because their offense is clicking so well.

Right now chavis has three studs on the d line that can cover up any problems his d may have....absolute freaks on the d line

Mentioning Chavis was kindve random but since we are on the subject, I'd like to see how his defense performs without his best DL, second best linebacker, and second best DB in Holsey.

Y'all do know that Chavis coaches at Texas A&M now, right? What rock do y'all live under?

I'm aware of that. You can attribute some of Steele's success to Chavis because I think in time the defense goes down, like when Steele was fired from Clemson when 70 was drop on him. I brought up Chavis because when you look at who was thought to be the best Smart, Muschamp, etc one consistent is always Chavis.

I'm talking about a&m personally

Saw your post after I posted mine and knew you were talking about a&m. Not sure about the others though.

Dude

Everybody has down years...chavis did last year. As far as bammer...they've had a couple of years with a suspect secondary. But I don't know if their defense has just sucked

Mentioning Chavis was kindve random but since we are on the subject, I'd like to see how his defense performs without his best DL, second best linebacker, and second best DB in Holsey.

He's been coaching along time I'm sure he's dealt with injuries and hasn't used that to justify getting his arse kicked. So because we have injuries we can just expect everyone to put 40 on us? I don't think so.

Archived