Malzahn's Postgame Presser - LSU Game

RunInRed

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard him say all positions will be up for grabs. What do you want to bet there will be no change at QB.

Doubt if there will be a change at any position on offense except maybe RB

Before 2010 we hadnt played for a championship in 52 years. We've played in 2 of the past 5 with Gus in a major role.

The team isnt clicking yet this year, and it may not all season, but he will have us playing for championships again. Every team loses games. You all do realize we beat LSU worse last year than they beat us this year, right? And they are back on track, just like we will be.

Before 2010 we hadnt played for a championship in 52 years. We've played in 2 of the past 5 with Gus in a major role.

The team isnt clicking yet this year, and it may not all season, but he will have us playing for championships again. Every team loses games. You all do realize we beat LSU worse last year than they beat us this year, right? And they are back on track, just like we will be.

will you post more often to this site? We need more people like yo, I am tired of reading all the negativity on this board...some serious overreactions.

Stop posting sanity, all of the doom & gloomers won't put up with that. They only understand that someone needs to be "held accountable" or fired at the first sign of things looking rough that it is somehow easier or faster to throw in the towel or start over than to dig in and work it out. You can't fire your way sustained improvement - but they don't get it. Just like they cant comprehend that the professional coaches that have seen every single practice and have more of a vested interest in wins & losses than any of us actually understand which QB will give us the best chance to win. Instead, without going to a single practice, they will proclaim that surely they, in an ultimate confession of ignorance, know how to fix the issues this team is facing - when in reality they've most likely never even coached a youth football game.

Happy to see Gus looking pissed and owning the loss. I think he is just as baffled as we are why the kids aren't playing up to their abilities...

Baffled about our young mercenaries are not playing up to their abilities is not a good thing. It is on Gus and his staff. He needs to own that.

wde

Do not WDE after your post. You are a freaking bammer or worse, a traitor. He's either a good coach or he's not. Mercenaries? You are dead to me.

Let your mommy read you a sweet bed time story. LOL at you.

You're right. I let you get to me. So, answer my question from the locked thread. What would you do? You never really answer a question , you know. With all your education, I would think name calling would come after a brilliant answer.

The question about what I would do with this team? I am not a football coach so I can't really give you a specific answer. I only go by results on and off of the field combined with what our coaching staff is getting paid and the importance that football is given in terms of resources both on and off of the field. If I were Gus, I would look for every excuse I could find to justify keeping me as HC of Auburn University and hope that the folks that paid me would agree with me.

IMO, if we finish with 8 wins or less with losses to both uga and spuat then Gus should be on a flaming hot seat next season (for example, win the West and beat both uga and spuat in the process). What do you think?

Rather than just stopping where you should have (which is where you said you weren't a coach and you had no idea what do to) you talk about making excuses and hoping people believed you.... Well, at least you're honest.....

Happy to see Gus looking pissed and owning the loss. I think he is just as baffled as we are why the kids aren't playing up to their abilities...

Baffled about our young mercenaries are not playing up to their abilities is not a good thing. It is on Gus and his staff. He needs to own that.

wde

Do not WDE after your post. You are a freaking bammer or worse, a traitor. He's either a good coach or he's not. Mercenaries? You are dead to me.

Let your mommy read you a sweet bed time story. LOL at you.

You're right. I let you get to me. So, answer my question from the locked thread. What would you do? You never really answer a question , you know. With all your education, I would think name calling would come after a brilliant answer.

The question about what I would do with this team? I am not a football coach so I can't really give you a specific answer. I only go by results on and off of the field combined with what our coaching staff is getting paid and the importance that football is given in terms of resources both on and off of the field. If I were Gus, I would look for every excuse I could find to justify keeping me as HC of Auburn University and hope that the folks that paid me would agree with me.

IMO, if we finish with 8 wins or less with losses to both uga and spuat then Gus should be on a flaming hot seat next season (for example, win the West and beat both uga and spuat in the process). What do you think?

Rather than just stopping where you should have (which is where you said you weren't a coach and you had no idea what do to) you talk about making excuses and hoping people believed you.... Well, at least you're honest.....

MMK. Thank you for your service by the way.

wde

My pleasure / privilege, but thanks.

Forgive me for being a little earnest in my defense of the "team" which includes the staff. We absolutely have things that need addressed, but I am confident the biggest positive impact we can have is getting behind the team as much as we can, even when frustrated. Look at all of the best "long term" programs - I cannot think of any with a revolving door at the HC office

WDE!

Grown men coping with a loss by proving how "Auburn" they are. Because that's totally what it means to be an Auburn man.

Lol ya. Apparently those in my family that went to Auburn for agriculture degrees and have made over 6 figures a year for a very very very long time are not Auburn worthy now it appears lol.

Grown men coping with a loss by proving how "Auburn" they are. Because that's totally what it means to be an Auburn man.

Guess you missed the part where they were attacked by a fellow Auburn fan and repeatedly called uneducated and bammers. My god this board is dense sometimes.

He owned it. I believe we will get better. He did say all positions (including QB) up for evaluation this week.

"We just got to get better and we will get better." I've heard this for three straight weeks and for three straight weeks, they look like they've gotten worse.

Please go back to your bammer boards.

If he is a proven mullet why is he not kicked? I don't care what an AU fan says but send him back with the trash at AlabamaLies.com

Speaking the truth. bama or not, I think we are all sick of of the excuses this coaching staff has.

AU-24 is just mad that I don't acknowledge his existence. He's still bitter about last week when I saaid Alabama had more turnover than Auburn this offseason and yet they continue to win and we continue to say we're inexperienced and players need time to develop. Both teams recruit in the top 10 annually so it's not like there's a huge disparity in talent. I'm sick and tired of these clownish excuses. It's time to hold these coaches accountable.

Not mad, just confused how people like you who have never seen the inside of a college classroom, let alone a classroom in west vance, are such bammer homers, you come to our site to rub it in. Go poison some trees to up your self esteem.

Of all people here, you do not need to be attacking people about their education or lack thereof. Do you have any idea how incredibly difficult it is to not attack you and your posts by hitting below the belt?

what happened to the au family? are we only family when we are winning and everything is coming up roses?

what happened to the au family? are we only family when we are winning and everything is coming up roses?

The sunshine pumpers can't handle getting their noses rubbed in it, so they lash out at the ones who've been realistic and objective all along.

Well, its always the same people that complain and it doesn't matter if we win or lose. The same people always piss all over the board this time of year. I'll never understand that type of fan or why they even bother to come here when they are always so miserable about everything.

My only complaint is seeing the level of meltdown. I tend enjoy hearing peoples positive outlooks on a game like this rather than the obvious things that everyone watching the game can see. The absolute best is seeing all the "never was sold Gus" BS. Its crap like this that makes going through a season extremely annoying. Just merge all the post game threads into a "LSU Postgame Meltdown Thread" and clean this place up.

Soooooooooo what do you expect Saban would have to say if he were in Gus' shoes? Sometimes coach speak is more palpable than the truth.

Anyone else find it odd that Gus said they had a DECENT week of practice? He usually follows the chiz line of a GOOD week of practice. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I found that odd.

we will see how good of a head coach malzahn is by how he responds and handles this team from here on

I agree,it is easy when everything is going good,but to turn this team around(something he couldn't get done last year)when they are playing this bad, will be a major job.

Anyone else find it odd that Gus said they had a DECENT week of practice? He usually follows the chiz line of a GOOD week of practice. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I found that odd.

I noticed that too

I hope you are right but we'll see how this team develops. Last year LSU improved week over week towards the end of the season. We have been on a regression trend and if that continues it may be longer than next season before we're back on track.

Archived