Malzahn's Postgame Presser - LSU Game

RunInRed

I genuinely hope that Sean White does get to start and it would be best if he is worked all week with the 1st teamers with that being the goal announced to the team. It will not happen because Gus (as you said) is too loyal to some players and too hard on others. To maintain respect CGM must go back to treating everyone with same rules, have players regain edges in weight room, and last but not least, we MUST recruit more linebackers and defensive backs with physical attributes necessary to play and be effective at this level. CGM started out with a strong agenda and made it work; faster, larger players; strength and conditioning coach with a positive results in the beginning; even looking outside our immediate impact players and "finding" a Cam Newton and a Nick Marshall. We don't know where this team is headed, but they have to be given a challenge in someway spark will motivate them to play against MSU like they played in 1st half against UL. I for one miss the crispness, execution and preparedness AU exhibited during 2013 and 1st half of 2014.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QB is a bad enough problem but team toughness and physicality may be a bigger problem. LSU ran at will on us early and often. that toss play that the rb took to the middle was very embarrassing and they kept doing it. our d-line got handled then you couldnt find the LBs.

QB is a bad enough problem but team toughness and physicality may be a bigger problem. LSU ran at will on us early and often. that toss play that the rb took to the middle was very embarrassing and they kept doing it. our d-line got handled then you couldnt find the LBs.

We have linebackers?

We have linebackers?

maybe but some plays they were nowhere to be found.

What did we really expect him to say?

I think it is pretty obvious we are looking at a bad season. Getting to a bowl game is about the best we can hope for. We are going to need Lawson back to do this I am afraid.

Only good news about this weekend is Bama lost too.

Before 2010 we hadnt played for a championship in 52 years. We've played in 2 of the past 5 with Gus in a major role.

The team isnt clicking yet this year, and it may not all season, but he will have us playing for championships again. Every team loses games. You all do realize we beat LSU worse last year than they beat us this year, right? And they are back on track, just like we will be.

Stop posting sanity, all of the doom & gloomers won't put up with that. They only understand that someone needs to be "held accountable" or fired at the first sign of things looking rough that it is somehow easier or faster to throw in the towel or start over than to dig in and work it out. You can't fire your way sustained improvement - but they don't get it. Just like they cant comprehend that the professional coaches that have seen every single practice and have more of a vested interest in wins & losses than any of us actually understand which QB will give us the best chance to win. Instead, without going to a single practice, they will proclaim that surely they, in an ultimate confession of ignorance, know how to fix the issues this team is facing - when in reality they've most likely never even coached a youth football game.

Agreed 100%, especially the bolded bit.

Happy to see Gus looking pissed and owning the loss. I think he is just as baffled as we are why the kids aren't playing up to their abilities...

Baffled about our young mercenaries are not playing up to their abilities is not a good thing. It is on Gus and his staff. He needs to own that.

wde

Do not WDE after your post. You are a freaking bammer or worse, a traitor. He's either a good coach or he's not. Mercenaries? You are dead to me.

Lol...so you're the defender of WDE? Wow! You need to seek help sir.

Dear god this place is a damn mess.

:popcorn:/>

I've been doing this for the last 24 hours... Golf, you gotta knock some sense into these people.

Dear god this place is a damn mess.

:popcorn:/>

I've been doing this for the last 24 hours... Golf, you gotta knock some sense into these people.

Not enough time beer is more important at the moment.

Golf, you gotta knock some sense into these people.

Yeah, OK. Not everyone can be as hopelessly delusional as you. We are two years removed from playing in a National Championship game and we somehow managed to turn into one of the worst teams in the country. The team looks like they have given up three games into the season. This all looks very, very bad. No one here is really overreacting.

The product on the field is the problem. Being 2-1 with a loss to LSU would be fine if this team looked competitive. Instead, we barely squeak out an OT win against a mid-major and then get absolutely slapped by LSU in a game we had no hope of winning from the first whistle. Surely you can see what the problem is, and why it is so worrying....right?

Yeah, OK. Not everyone can be as hopelessly delusional as you. We are two years removed from playing in a National Championship game and we somehow managed to turn into one of the worst teams in the country. The team looks like they have given up three games into the season. This all looks very, very bad. No one here is really overreacting.

I'm not delusional. We suck. Never once have I said anything differently, either in real life or on these boards. I just read this whole thread along with a ton of other threads on this site and people are overreacting. So how about you never quote me with a dumbass response ever again. Thanks MF.

The product on the field is the problem. Being 2-1 with a loss to LSU would be fine if this team looked competitive. Instead, we barely squeak out an OT win against a mid-major and then get absolutely slapped by LSU in a game we had no hope of winning from the first whistle. Surely you can see what the problem is, and why it is so worrying....right?

Yes, I'm worried. It reminds me of 2012 in more ways then one. There are a ton of problems with this team, but I'm not calling for Gus' head like some nor am I only blaming the staff. The on field product is awful thanks to the staff and players.

Amazing how a bammer loss cleaned up the board.

I see what you're getting at but not sure it's really cleaned up. Hopefully this board is not indicative of the whole fanbase. We are all upset I guess and it just manifests itself in different unhealthy ways.

I'm not delusional. We suck. Never once have I said anything differently, either in real life or on these boards. I just read this whole thread along with a ton of other threads on this site and people are overreacting. So how about you never quote me with a dumbass response ever again. Thanks MF.

You seem mad. Clearly you don't possess the mental state to be telling anyone else how they should be reacting.

People are overreacting? We saw this same film just three years ago. Blistering start for a new coach following by inexplicable fall overnight. Yeah, lets not overreact though...right?

Archived