Is Sean White Healthy?

tiger88

The only reasons I can think of to have not played him some at this point are:

1. He is not healthy.

2. Gus is certain he could not do better than JJ.

3. Gus feels responsible for the offensive woes.

I feel really badly for JJ, and I was fully in his camp for a long time. However, something has to change. Either we need to rethink our offensive scheme or put in SW and see if anything changes, or I don't know what.

Moo state is coming and they shut LSU down after a flurry of early points and nearly beat them. It is time for a change of some sort. A change of heart, gameplan, personnel? Time to earn that paycheck coach.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't know. Information is being withheld maybe; but Gus's problem is that he's too nice(IMO) and too stubborn. Personally, I think he just needs to grow a pair of stones and tell players to cut the bull****. Start playing to win and stop worrying about hurting people's feelings.

I don't even want to think about MSU. Dak threw for 300 yards on LSU, he's going to carve us up throwing and running. It's going to be out of control early.

Did you see whites eyes today.

Big as silver dollars. He was terrified they would call his number.

Gus can't recruit for crap. Especially a qb.

Today wouldn't have been a good day for White. Even though I was calling for JJ to be benched, his(SW) confidence might never recover after being thrown to the wolves in Baton Rouge. I would've put Wallace in before White simply because Wallace actually has some FBS starts under his belt.

Did you see whites eyes today.

Big as silver dollars. He was terrified they would call his number.

Gus can't recruit for crap. Especially a qb.

Today wouldn't have been a good day for White. Even though I was calling for JJ to be benched, his(SW) confidence might never recover after being thrown to the wolves in Baton Rouge. I would've put Wallace in before White simply because Wallace actually has some FBS starts under his belt.

Yep

There is no way I put White in this game with no rushing threat to work with.

Gus has put all his eggs in the JJ basket and at this point won't allow the chance of White showing him to be mistaken. He can continue to place the blame elsewhere (like he did in todays post game conf) that its a full team failure (not saying it wasn't completely). But JJ was absolutely the MAIN reason that our offense didn't keep getting first downs. First drive ball slipped out, second pick, third and fourth (i think) bad incomplete passes to open receivers on third down. For whatever reason Gus is just wililng to ride JJ to a really bad season and potentially being the doghouse..

They've been so stubborn to say that he's a "throwing qb" that they didn't start running him until the score was 38-7! He had his mind made up that they were gonna play this game the same as all the others...at least now we may see the return of the zone/read which will help the offense going forward, if the team doesn't quit...

We are seeing now what a true dual threat QB is. It was Nick and Cam. A QB that can run means everthing to this offense. Yes JJ had a nice run but it certainly looks like he is not the answer. Sean White is not known for running so I am not sure he would fair any better. I imagine our coaches are about to be burning up the recruiting trails at the junior colleges.

I find it so funny how as Auburn fans we now think we need a QB that can run. We need a QB that can throw first.

Gus has had hugely successful offenses with qbs that didn't run.

I find it so funny how as Auburn fans we now think we need a QB that can run. We need a QB that can throw first.

If Chris freakin' Todd can set records at Auburn at QB, there's no excuse for JJ not being able to.

Is Jason Smith not even an option? has experience in HS and JC at QB and is a dynamic playmaker(has been in the past.) He is a much better runner and his passing can't be any worse than JJ. Plus, he's wasted as a WR so he's basically giving us nothing at this point.

Is Jason Smith not even an option? has experience in HS and JC at QB and is a dynamic playmaker(has been in the past.) He is a much better runner and his passing can't be any worse than JJ. Plus, he's wasted as a WR so he's basically giving us nothing at this point.

Is he even practicing at the QB position at all?

I expected to see him in some wildcat, but all the hype from spring and fall, he's been virtually nonexistent in any capacity.

Sean is fine. The only thing I can think was that Gus didn't want to set Sean up to fail by throwing him to the wolves on the road. He's already got one head case on his hands, he doesn't want to make Sean into another one.

Sean is fine. The only thing I can think was that Gus didn't want to set Sean up to fail by throwing him to the wolves on the road. He's already got one head case on his hands, he doesn't want to make Sean into another one.

Yep+i+was+born+in+2012+and+i+approve+this+_f9f828ec027d9b6c512a7d905d68eeb2.jpg

I see we are on the same wavelength.

If Chris freakin' Todd can set records at Auburn at QB, there's no excuse for JJ not being able to.

I'd say Todd had Tate, and a better o line. And also Adams caught everything close to him

Yep+i+was+born+in+2012+and+i+approve+this+_f9f828ec027d9b6c512a7d905d68eeb2.jpg

I see we are on the same wavelength.

All our guys got a participation trophy after the game though!

Archived