Is Sean White Healthy?

tiger88

I find it so funny how as Auburn fans we now think we need a QB that can run. We need a QB that can throw first.

Gus has had hugely successful offenses with qbs that didn't run.

Amen brother, I'm really getting tired of reading about how Gus can only work with running QBs.I really expect to see Sean

White get a chance during the MSU game. Jeremy just really seems like he is lost.

Yep....we've seen this act before and it did not end well the last time.....too bad for the young man....but it is what it is. A few years ago we kept asking..."when will the light come on?" ....and it never did. I'm afraid we are back there again. JMO. Just wondering how long it will take the coaches to accept that.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the QB isn't going to be a serious running threat, then he needs to be VERY good at reading the coverages properly and delivering the ball on target. In other words, to make up for the lack of a Nick/Cam type runner, you have to be an much better pure passer than either of them.

Its not the players. You're telling me that somehow all these receivers are magically busts for us? Malzahn has no idea how to develop receivers or maximize their abilities. His passing game is HS caliber.

Nobody is saying busts. JJ can't get them the ball. Duke has been underwhelming but he can't get on the same page as JJ so it's not al his fault. And I know your shtick on our receivers not being well rounded and I partially agree with it. I think some are well rounded receivers and some have designated roles. Like Sammie being the deep route guy.

Its not the players. You're telling me that somehow all these receivers are magically busts for us? Malzahn has no idea how to develop receivers or maximize their abilities. His passing game is HS caliber.

And that it seems that he feels that he is still considered a HS coach and an outsider that has an enormous chip on his shoulder, and is too stubborn to admit that he is wrong. It looks like he wants to prove, even to the point of losing, that he can win with any type of QB. Defenses are not unfamiliar with this offense anymore, and since they are seeing it almost every Saturday, they are designing defenses to stop it. At Tulsa, Arkansas, and AU in previous years, it was new. Now it isn't. Got to be able to execute because the newness has worn off.

Here is hoping that Sean gets a chance to share the entire game this week. Personally, I would like to see JJ start with some prescripted "sure to pickup yards" running plays right out of the box, then after the first 1st down, immediately switch in Sean and a few short, crisp and fairly safe passes. Then after a first down switch again. Others do it, and we could and should do it. The rest of the team deserves some help. We will see. Because, regardless of our frustration, I do not expect CGM to call me this afternoon and ask my opinion.

Maybe Sean isn't the answer right now but he did beat out Kyle Allen and Brandon Harris in the QB competition as well as the UA game.....I think he was the MVP of the game.

Down side is I didn't see a great performance in the Aday game by Sean.

Who is coaching both Sean White and Jeremy Johnson? Perhaps that is where the problem lies?

Disclaimer: I am not a big fan of Lashlee.

Isn't QB coach one of Lashlee's titles? I can't say I'm a big fan of him either. But as long as Gus is here and he's not hired by another team, he's going to be here to stay.

Just my opinion with nothing to base it on but I doubt a lot of time has been spent coaching SW. All eggs into making JJ into a great QB. A-day being scripted to make JJ look all-world against 2nd and 3rd team defense. Great PR ploy but a little short on substance.

If someone came Rhett with a lot of money to be a head coach, Rhett would be gone in a heart beat. I like the OC at LSU & Oklahoma.

So much fail with this. LOL

HS teams are lining up.

Archived