The worst part to me.

AuCivilEng1

I think the worst part is watching all these other games and new qb's have at least average success. To me, Auburn just looks completely jv. No fundamentals, no pride, not plan. Even Bama, who is getting smeared, is showing passion and work ethic. I feel like our coaches are to blame 100%. They are breeding a lackluster loser mentality. War Eagle forever, but Christ.

Worst part to me is watching these guys having success for other teams that were supposedly not good enough to play for us. It makes me think about not following recruiting

I hate Alabama as much as anyone, but ever since Saban got there, theyve consistently been one of the toughest teams in the country. Physically and mentally. I don't know why we can't emulate that, but like you said, we've not had toughness like that since Tubs (maybe you could make a case for 2010.)

I hate Alabama as much as anyone, but ever since Saban got there, theyve consistently been one of the toughest teams in the country. Physically and mentally. I don't know why we can't emulate that, but like you said, we've not had toughness like that since Tubs (maybe you could make a case for 2010.)

I'm wondering if the idiots who like to seriously think of Nick Saban as "overrated" or just a guy who signs the best players will open their eyes a bit after seeing our mess this season.

Watching Bama, who was down 20 with 8 mins to go in the 4th, fight their tails off. Wtf, man?

it's called character and leadership. They have it year after year and we don't.

I'm wondering if the idiots who like to seriously think of Nick Saban as "overrated" or just a guy who signs the best players will open their eyes a bit after seeing our mess this season.

Anyone who calls Saban overrated is either ignorant or too stubborn to give UAT credit for anything.

Hugh Freeze is a hell of a coach as well. Tons of character in that guy. You can tell his team has bought in. I just don't get it, man. Very dissapointing day. The Auburn players and coaches have got to figure out if they want to be winners, because they are getting embarrassed not only by their opposition, but every team who shows up and plays their hearts out in a game.

Saban is an a**hole. He can have turd stew and I'd take Gus any day. Football isn't the only thing AU has to offer and it's not as important as people in the South make it out to be. Imagine what we could do with all this negative energy........... :) Alabama Power would be wise to tap into it.

Saban is an a**hole. He can have turd stew and I'd take Gus any day. Football isn't the only thing AU has to offer and it's not as important as people in the South make it out to be. Imagine what we could do with all this negative energy........... :)/> Alabama Power would be wise to tap into it.

Saban might be an a-hole, but at least he earns his paycheck. He prepares his teams to represent their school. I think we are just tired of seeing Auburn players and coaches have a lazy attitude, man. Just give us tonight to vent. Haha

^This. Don't like them, but have great respect for team.

I miss Tubs.

Saban is an a**hole. He can have turd stew and I'd take Gus any day. Football isn't the only thing AU has to offer and it's not as important as people in the South make it out to be. Imagine what we could do with all this negative energy........... :)/> Alabama Power would be wise to tap into it.

Saban might be an a-hole, but at least he earns his paycheck. He prepares his teams to represent their school. I think we are just tired of seeing Auburn players and coaches have a lazy attitude, man. Just give us tonight to vent. Haha

you are correct about Sabah. But he has probably at least 20 years experience at this level on gus. While that isn't an excuse it is something to consider in thinking about the future. I'm still a gus fan. He needs to figure something out though.

Sorry.....I'm just getting wiser as I get older. Lol ;)/> Or more self sustainable. :)

I don't know either Saban or Gus personally so I can't really say if one of them is a nicer guy than the other. What I do know is that Saban has won 4 national titles at separate schools and has teams that always compete. At two separate points tonight, Alabama was down big and never gave up, damn near pulled it out. Saban's teams NEVER get blown out. Meanwhile, Malzahn has had one stellar year, followed by an underwhelming year that included a loss to a below average A&M team and an ass beating from Georgia.

I love Auburn. I'm a fourth generation graduate. There's much more to Auburn than football. All of that being said, if I was AD and you gave me Saban and Gus's resumès and told me I had to hire one, I'd hire Saban. Gus is making more money in a year than most of us will get in ten and he hasn't proved that his head coaching career is anything but a flash in the pan. Saban is probably the best coach of the 21st century with only Meyer even close. Let's be realistic.

Football coaches should be judged on how their teams play (and behave off-field,) not on whether we think one is a nicer guy than the other.

you are correct about Sabah. But he has probably at least 20 years experience at this level on gus. While that isn't an excuse it is something to consider in thinking about the future. I'm still a gus fan. He needs to figure something out though.

It's not the years of experience that matters, it's the attitude. It doesn't take 20 years to develop that.......

It's not the years of experience that matters, it's the attitude. It doesn't take 20 years to develop that.......

I agree. Saban demands the best out of his players and if they don't like it, he benches them or processes them. This lacluster attitude by our team is a direct relation to how soft the coaches are being. I like Gus. I don't want him fired. I just think he should earn his paycheck though. If you're going to get paid like a winner, you don't need to be putting these pathetic teams on the field.

As someone who specializes in talent evaluation, appraisal, and development, Saban is not a good coach. BUT before you jump on me, read this post completely. Being a college head coach has little to do with coaching. Being a good college coach is about being a good business man. College coaches don't have to coach fundamentals. That responsibility mostly sits with position coaches. College head coaches don't always call plays, as that responsibility officially sits with the coordinators. College head coaches have the following responsibilities: managing recruiting of players, bringing in the right coaches/coordinators, setting practice schedules, making the big game decisions, and motivating players. Saban does all of these (except for maybe the last one) very well. He is an excellent business man and sells his program well to players and coaches. I think he is a butt head and I don't think of him as a true "coach" but he is a great college head coach.

I don't know either Saban or Gus personally so I can't really say if one of them is a nicer guy than the other. What I do know is that Saban has won 4 national titles at separate schools and has teams that always compete. At two separate points tonight, Alabama was down big and never gave up, damn near pulled it out. Saban's teams NEVER get blown out. Meanwhile, Malzahn has had one stellar year, followed by an underwhelming year that included a loss to a below average A&M team and an ass beating from Georgia.

I love Auburn. I'm a fourth generation graduate. There's much more to Auburn than football. All of that being said, if I was AD and you gave me Saban and Gus's resumès and told me I had to hire one, I'd hire Saban. Gus is making more money in a year than most of us will get in ten and he hasn't proved that his head coaching career is anything but a flash in the pan. Saban is probably the best coach of the 21st century with only Meyer even close. Let's be realistic.

Football coaches should be judged on how their teams play (and behave off-field,) not on whether we think one is a nicer guy than the other.

So 2013 doesn't matter a lick? Or 2010? Gus had his hands on both. And he's a third year HC.....Saban won how many titles by year 4?

Worst part to me is fact CGM thought our best RB to be third team to start season. He has had JJ 3 years and thought he could start for almost any SEC team last year. It was game 3 before he realized T Mason should be starting RB, 4 games into season before knowing what kind of QB Cam was and how to best use him. I was lead to believe on the Recruiting board that Chubb was ours if we would only earnestly pursue him. Not being able to accurately evaluate talent and playing the best worries me most about Gus. Not playing the best players will ALWAYS produce bad attitudes! The players KNOW.

Unreal expectations of a coach here. Until the player gets into a game can you determine their full potential. But you are right.....we need another coaching change.

As someone who specializes in talent evaluation, appraisal, and development, Saban is not a good coach. BUT before you jump on me, read this post completely. Being a college head coach has little to do with coaching. Being a good college coach is about being a good business man. College coaches don't have to coach fundamentals. That responsibility mostly sits with position coaches. College head coaches don't always call plays, as that responsibility officially sits with the coordinators. College head coaches have the following responsibilities: managing recruiting of players, bringing in the right coaches/coordinators, setting practice schedules, making the big game decisions, and motivating players. Saban does all of these (except for maybe the last one) very well. He is an excellent business man and sells his program well to players and coaches. I think he is a butt head and I don't think of him as a true "coach" but he is a great college head coach.

Literally the dumbest thing I've read all day.

Worst part to me is fact CGM thought our best RB to be third team to start season. He has had JJ 3 years and thought he could start for almost any SEC team last year. It was game 3 before he realized T Mason should be starting RB, 4 games into season before knowing what kind of QB Cam was and how to best use him. I was lead to believe on the Recruiting board that Chubb was ours if we would only earnestly pursue him. Not being able to accurately evaluate talent and playing the best worries me most about Gus. Not playing the best players will ALWAYS produce bad attitudes! The players KNOW.

this

So 2013 doesn't matter a lick? Or 2010? Gus had his hands on both. And he's a third year HC.....Saban won how many titles by year 4?

I use to run at the gym next a guy in Chicago that played for Saban at Michigan State. Said the man is a prick but will do what it takes to win and do things for players.

Things like at LSU:

The two kinesiology instructors sued in 2002, saying they were pressured to change players' grades and hide their cheating during the 2000-01 school year to keep players eligible for the Peach Bowl.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2163579

LSU settled with the instructors, and managed to dodge probation with self investigation.

Archived