Our qb play has been horrible

cole256

Yeah yeah I know this but I saw ole miss beat bammer using nothing but sideline throws which jj had been able to do, and I saw LSU destroy us and Brandon Harris didn't do anything but run on busted plays. Sure I wish we had better qb play, it would certainly help but qb play alone isn't the reason we're losing like this.

Our wr aren't playing well. Last thing our qb needs is qb's dropping passes. I watched duke drop a wide open pass because he was trying to mimic catching a ball along the sideline and tip toe and fall down in the middle of the field....they don't block, they don't get open.

O line play hasn't been good. Once again jj isn't good but what qb is going to be good when he CONSTANTLY face 3rd and 7 after a run play up the middle and a wr screen to lose two yards of the first run play?? When has Jeremy had a 3rd and 3 and not come through? People get pressure on us with 4 people. We can't even block long enough to run a deep route. We don't have a wr that can stretch the field. Jj not being a running threat adds a defender, then not having to ever double a wr adds another defender....Yeah reading defenses isn't the same for JJ. He's facing defenses that didn't ever play Gus offense line this before.

Our hb's don't have holes to run into until the 4th...fornette is a monster but did you see those holes he was running through?? Everybody can keep talking about JJ but you don't want white in there...this offense right now isn't set up for a qb to be successful.

We're just not executing to our full potential. We can blame coaches all we want but this program had been rolling the last two seasons on offense with the same staff so I'm inclined to side with poor execution by the players right now.

I disagree to a degree. Ole Miss has a deep threat and our O Line played pretty damn good last night. The problem is, when you play a good defense you aren't going to score more than 20-30 points with that type of offense on a solid defense.

OUR o line played good!!!!! Come on man...

And yes ole miss has better wr group than is but 80% of Kelly passes...sideline throws. He wasn't testing the middle of bammer's defense (which is smart)

That's what I believe as well. I know I saw a several post about all jj passes being to the sideline...Then I watched last night and they won with that. Then I saw core run back to the ball turn up field and get a first when it looked as it was going to be a two yard play. Treadwell break off his route turnaround and dive and catch a ball that was thrown short. And then the td where he just jump up and takes it from a db that was also a short throw. These are passes we criticize jj for

Their team came to win. Their OL was missing their best player, Tunsil. When the OL hit the field for the first play on many drives they were so pumped they were hopping in place. They were itching to play. They know they have an ace qb who can do it all.

We have a qb who goes to the sidelines and looks like he's mad at the world he's so frustrated. The entire fanbase holds their breath when he drops back in the pocket. Will the ball go forward or backward? To our guy or theirs?

No offense works without an effective/confident qb. The lack of one will affect the rest of the team eventually.

And yes ole miss has better wr group than is but 80% of Kelly passes...sideline throws. He wasn't testing the middle of bammer's defense (which is smart)

How many sacks did our oline give up last night? None

No Holds and push off the line against a strong dline for LSU. Yes they played damn good last night. Where did you see the prob with them last night? Those sideline throws were 20 30 yards by Kelly. Johnson throws those and they are picked off

Now that I've had a moment to simmer, I think ultimately the team was beaten on the first play. The defense honestly looked uninspired the whole game, which of course translates to the offense losing trust in the defense.

Look at last year. Our offense had to perform perfectly to keep us in games. And as soon as our senior center mishandles the ball for the only time in his career, we lose the game.

I now wonder if we can't put some fight back into this team.

How many sacks did our oline give up last night? None

No Holds and push off the line against a strong dline for LSU. Yes they played damn good last night. Where did you see the prob with them last night? Those sideline throws were 20 30 yards by Kelly. Johnson throws those and they are picked off

Are you talking about ole miss or auburn? Cuz if you're talking about Auburn we did give up sacks and some plays we didn't block a guy at all. Like not put a hand on a guy.

And no those throws weren't 20 30 downfield sideline throws....I don't know a team that runs those routes actually

JJ looks like another Gus QB from a couple years ago K. Frazier. Nobody can explain why he is having so much trouble. I feel like JJ and Frazier both suffer from the "when the lights come on and nobody is home" syndrome. Everything looks like it just overwhelms JJ right now and I don't know if he can over come it.

Their team came to win. Their OL was missing their best player, Tunsil. When the OL hit the field for the first play on many drives they were so pumped they were hopping in place. They were itching to play. They know they have an ace qb who can do it all.

We have a qb who goes to the sidelines and looks like he's mad at the world he's so frustrated. The entire fanbase holds their breath when he drops back in the pocket. Will the ball go forward or backward? To our guy or theirs?

No offense works without an effective/confident qb. The lack of one will affect the rest of the team eventually.

I feel like their wr's has alot to do with that. After watching the games yesterday I think it's hilarious that some tried to argue duke was better than Treadwell.

What about when your oline gives your qb great protection and you have a receiver breaking wide open down field on the first drive and the qb throws it 20 yds backwards instead and kills the drive instead of tying the game?

The OL played ok. Not world beaters but ok. If they had anything that resembled a leader to help inspire them and show them a light at the end of the tunnel, who knows.

He wasn't throwing down field he was throwing to the out on the sideline. But yeah bad play. But what about the bad throws Kelly made into coverage that his wr turned into td's? Or actually the 3 yard passes on 3rd and 6 that his wr turned into 8 yd passes? He wasn't the leader Treadwell was the guy talking to the o line and talking to the defense

I feel like their wr's has alot to do with that. After watching the games yesterday I think it's hilarious that some tried to argue duke was better than Treadwell.

You have an excuse for everything. The qb was extremely clutch. When bama put a HUGE push on in the 3rd quarter and got within 6n he comes in and on the 1st play throws a 9 yd rocket right into the chest of a tightly covered receiver and follows that up with a grat replay of the NM play where he waits until the last possible half second to release the ball and faked the cb off the wr. The late td to treadwell was a precision pass 30 yds downfield.

If JJ was putting the ball where he is we would suddenly have much better receivers.

He wasn't throwing down field he was throwing to the out on the sideline. But yeah bad play. But what about the bad throws Kelly made into coverage that his wr turned into td's? Or actually the 3 yard passes on 3rd and 6 that his wr turned into 8 yd passes? He wasn't the leader Treadwell was the guy talking to the o line and talking to the defense

They took what bama gave them and scored with it. We can't take anything.

Treadwell is a senior team leader and he is a juco transfer. Not surprising he is a more vocal team leader. My point was the team gets more excited when they know they have an ace qb that makes things happen

Gus isn't a QB guru...he is a system guru. He thought he could tweak his system to JJ...he can't and now he doesn't no what to do.

Chris Todd worked because he had personel from Tubbs that was used to a pro style and had some spread experience so it worked.

Hope he can come up with something.

No I have counter points to things that you say that are not facts. Or I could take your position and simply say you have an excuse for everything because you haven't stopped typing yet...

And you're exaggerating throws both ways like the "20 yd backwards throw" to the guy downfield to tie the game and the downfield rocket pin point pass....that pass was supposed to be a corner throw to the pile on....that pass to Treadwell was at the LEAST 5 yards short and to the INSIDE shoulder. Treadwell broke off his route turned around jumped off his back foot took the pass out of the db's hands then landed in bounds.

Whereas Johnson throws the ball to duke that's not a yard out of his range duke tip toes and tries to make a falling catch in the middle of the field.....But yeah put the ball where he is indeed

Treadwell is a senior team leader and he is a juco transfer. Not surprising he is a more vocal team leader. My point was the team gets more excited when they know they have an ace qb that makes things happen

Smh. He is not a juco. He's not a senior. But yeah he is a leader. Team gets excited when they have any leader that will make things happen

No I have counter points to things that you say that are not facts. Or I could take your position and simply say you have an excuse for everything because you haven't stopped typing yet...

And you're exaggerating throws both ways like the "20 yd backwards throw" to the guy downfield to tie the game and the downfield rocket pin point pass....that pass was supposed to be a corner throw to the pile on....that pass to Treadwell was at the LEAST 5 yards short and to the INSIDE shoulder. Treadwell broke off his route turned around jumped off his back foot took the pass out of the db's hands then landed in bounds.

Whereas Johnson throws the ball to duke that's not a yard out of his range duke tip toes and tries to make a falling catch in the middle of the field.....But yeah put the ball where he is indeed

Treadwell barely broke stride if at all and it was up high over the db where it needed to be giving lt the chance to go up and get it. I didn't see the duke drop. I was travelling between houses at that point. JJ definitely has some good throws during a game. His consistency has been the problem. The backwards throw definitely could have been a td, though it wasn't a lock. My point was it kills team confidence in the qb.

That's what the OM qb has, consistency.

Smh. He is not a juco. He's not a senior. But yeah he is a leader. Team gets excited when they have any leader that will make things happen

Bad grammar. I thought treadwell was a senior. The qb is a juco. Treadwell has been there three years and been a significant player all three. The juco qb is brand new to the team, so it's not surprising treadwell is mote of a rah rah guy for the team. Doesn't change the fact that having the ace qb helps keep the rest of the O and D inspired.

Treadwell barely broke stride if at all and it was up high over the db where it needed to be giving lt the chance to go up and get it. I didn't see the duke drop. I was travelling between houses at that point. JJ definitely has some good throws during a game. His consistency has been the problem. The backwards throw definitely could have been a td, though it wasn't a lock. My point was it kills team confidence in the qb.

That's what the OM qb has, consistency.

There wasn't a Duke drop. There was a ball thrown 3 feet behind Duke that he tried to dive back and catch. It did hit his hands. Cole wants to call that a drop so he can bang on every player on the field. Fact is that it was a crap throw. Could Duke have caught it? Yeah he could have. Was it a routine catch...not my any means. Would a half loafing receiver giving no effort have even laid a hand on it?...No.

The problem is the a absolute lack of any sort of production from JJ. I was a big JJ fan. Fact is that he is playing terrible. He single handedly killed our first 4 drives.

Until the other 10 guys have a QB that inspires any faith at all, they can't be to blame. When the guy that gets the ball on every single play is playing this awful, it's hard to judge any of the other 20+ players on either side.

Defense is on their toes cause QB can't move the football. Offense can't move the football cause their on field leader couldn't is an absolute deer in the headlights. He's playing scared. He had several opportunities in the 2nd half to make down field passes and he'd double clutch and abort the opportunity. He's terrified to turn it over again. I'm not bashing JJ...it's sad actually...I honestly feel bad for the guy.

It hit him in the hands. If he had stepped and came to the ball instead of trying to drag his feet for no reason he would have caught the ball. My point is to show tough catches. Excuses like that. A pass wasn't directly on a guy well the same could be said for ole miss passes but they were caught...this clown wants to blame then entire game of football on jj...That's stupid, seriously what did you see LSU's qb do that jj didn't?

I feel bad for him too. I know he's a good guy. You could clearly see the pain/frustration/maybe anger in his eyes everytime they showed him on the sidelines. He needs to sit on the bench for a while. That has helped some qb's. You never know.

We need something different. I don't care if it's the wishbone at this point, lol.

Archived