Jeremy Johnson Postgame Interview - LSU

RunInRed

This is AUBURN

The land of the free and home of the brave

SEC Powerhouse, Bo Jackson played here, Tre Mason played here, Cam Newton played here

Hold your heads up and lets get this mother going

We got this baby, stop pouting , Lock n Load, let's roll, giddy up, 10-4 Roger that and right back atcha good buddy, Mississippi State here we come

WAR DAMN EAGLE

We need more of this! Let's whip them doggies!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This makes me sick. JJ is a college kid. It's obvious how bad he feels and how he is struggling to keep his composure. There's no need to act like a pack of rabid dogs tearing into fresh meat.

I agree and you have to feel bad for JJ. The play at QB is what it is but just to keep digging at the kid is pathetic imo. Who is that "grown up" reporter with the low voice who kept asking the same line of questions about being benched, why will you be better, etc., over and over again ?

That same guy has gotten under Gus' s skin a few times during fall camp....I don't remember his voice from last year.

Sounds like the reporter is James Crepea, beat writer from AL.com. He is pretty objective for the most part however he does tend to not have enough tact during interviews to sense when he has crossed the line. I think in this case he was just trying to find out if JJ had any fight in him for his spot, maybe to see if he had any sense of leadership. I do agree that it was not right to put JJ in front of the media after a tough loss. The players I wanted to hear from were the LBs, especially Kris Frost (Jake Holland 2.0).

If that was indeed Crepea, he holds a grudge against Gus for no-showing an event in Montgomery a year or two ago. Dude wouldn't stop tweeting about it for a week after it happened. Not saying it informs the way that he approaches his beat in 2015, but it's a possible explanation for him leaving off the kid gloves here. And I'm okay with the questions. I think they can only help. Looking at the back-to-back questions at the :35 mark, I see Jeremy get a little pissed off. That's kind of what I want to see right now out of him.

That was definitely James Crepea. If you've ever listened to one of his podcasts, you'd know he strives to be critical.

Meta, I'll disagree about his arm talent even now. He has the ability to drive the ball across the field on the out route. Most college QBs cannot do that. He's also shown more touch on downfield throws than a college QB. Look at the throws to Roc and Jason Smith (called back). Those are pretty passes. His issue isn't arm strength or touch. It's pre snap recognition, progressions, handling pressure. Those don't have to do with arm talent. He's got all the arm and touch you'd ever want.

I'll agree on the pre snap and add that it's even more so post snap reads he isn't doing. On the arm talent, Saturday left me having a lot less confidence in his arm than the other 2 games. 2 throws in particular stand out. One where the ball hit the ground a good 8-10 yards before even getting to the receiver. The other is where he went to throw the ball in a swing pass and it only went 10 yards before hitting the ground. If nerves are capable of making him only be a ble to throw a ball 10 yards in the air, he is on the verge of heart damage and needs to stop immediately. Otherwise, he is just not consistent with this talent.

I hate to see the young man struggle. A little praying and encouragement might just be what the doctor ordered for JJ. We all know that we cannot continue down this path with the season hanging in the balance. Maybe JJ needs to be able to watch the game and see what areas are lacking for him to be the best QB he can be. I know some will say that he has been in that position for the past couple of years.

However, he has not seen play in this particular situation from a starter's perspective. I think that JJ is a team player and could benefit greatly from this. Who knows.

How much do we miss Sammie Coates? We don't have a WR that scares defenses down the field and I wonder how much that is affecting our offensive production.

How many passes were deep throws yesterday?.....Zero

Ricardo Louis is every bit capable of stretching defenses. We just aren't trying it.

Agree. Why N O deep passes?

100% backed. It's sad to see so many "fans" putting down a kid who is trying his hardest to succeed. That is the opposite of a fan in my opinion.

To be completely honest, how can you really tell that he is "trying his hardest"? In a lot of the short cut-offs I've seen of him on the bench or being talked to by Lashlee he looks extremely nonchalant and disinterested. For a guy who has really accomplished nothing, he appears to be approaching these hurdles as if they are just a minor blip in the system.

True, I am assuming he is trying his hardest, but that is an assumption I am willing to make about everyone, whoever they are unless I have a damn good reason not to.

Do you think Jonathan Ford tried his hardest to tackle Leonard F.?

100% backed. It's sad to see so many "fans" putting down a kid who is trying his hardest to succeed. That is the opposite of a fan in my opinion.

To be completely honest, how can you really tell that he is "trying his hardest"? In a lot of the short cut-offs I've seen of him on the bench or being talked to by Lashlee he looks extremely nonchalant and disinterested. For a guy who has really accomplished nothing, he appears to be approaching these hurdles as if they are just a minor blip in the system.

True, I am assuming he is trying his hardest, but that is an assumption I am willing to make about everyone, whoever they are unless I have a damn good reason not to.

When I get challenged I tend to compartmentalize and have been told I appear to be unfocused and nonchalant when it's nowhere near the case. People handle stress and adversity differently. Just because he isn't visibly cursing, throwing things, etc., doesn't mean he's not beyond aggravated and trying to figure out the block. The question as to if he's actually trying his hardest seems to me like a deeper cut than anything a reporter has asked him. Do you really think he ENJOYS having to answer these types of questions, or having people upset and publicly calling for him to hit the sideline after doing everything in his power to prepare him to this point? I'm not in any way defending the results of his play, but I think you (meta) should rethink the way you're phrasing and approaching your view of him. We can critique his performance thus far - this lack of results allows us to point to concrete facts here. But I don't think it's fair, or right for that matter, to question his heart and willingness to put it on the line. One person knows what's going on between his ears. No one likes being made to look like a total ass. Especially of their own doing. I doubt he's the monster anomaly to that fact.

Archived