Hot Seat Culture?

jmcrosson

I was actually thinking this morning about Gary Patterson and TCU. In 2012, TCU had a 7-6 record, followed by 4-8 in 2013. This wasn't the first time that TCU was bad - they had 6 wins in 2001 and 5 wins in 04. Granted, they have had far more success than failure under Patterson, but I began to ask the question: "How blazing would the seat be if any coach had a 7-6 record followed by a 4-8 record at Auburn?"

Do you think we, as a fanbase, have contributed to a culture of calling for our coaches to be fired too soon? Tubs was here for 10 years, but at least half of that time, he was on the hot seat. Personally, I don't think it's a good thing that we're so quick to call for heads to roll when Auburn has a bad season.

What do you think? Do we have that kind of culture at Auburn? Thoughts and comments appreciated.

IMO, it is all based on talent and what we are paying our coaching staff. Based on talent and what we are paying our coaching staff, then should we not win at least 8 games this season and not beat either uga or spuat, the Gus and his coaching staff should be on the hottest of seats going into next year.

FWIW, I am not advocating for Gus to be fired. I am totally off of the Gus Bus sunshine. Gus needs to put up or get fired after next season.

wde

Archived