The solution

musicitytiger

It's not rocket surgery, hopefully our coaches saw it. JJ can be very effective in the "early Cam" role. He's not rothlisberger, the staff seems to be trying to develop him as an ultra-efficient pocket passer which is admirable.........but it's not the case for him.

For his sake and the team's sake........let him be a read option battering ram. Let him move the pocket enough to pressure a defense. Give him the opportunity to win back the respect of his teammates. I actually found some hope after watching the 2nd half, if our coaches commit to using him more as a runner.........we could be pretty tough to plan for.

On D, I don't have all the answers but one observation........kris frost is going to play in the nfl, at safety. He's not a lb in any shape or form, quit trying to use him there.

I agree with Music City..if there was any positives, it was that the coaches allowed him to run a little of the read It desrt have to be for 15 yards everytime, but a steady and occasional qb carry on the option would work wonders.

haha rocket surgery

Is JJ cut out to be a battering ram? He is big but does he have that I will run over you attitude? I don't see it ... but we have no other choice. They may as well take him out now if they expect him to be a pocket passer.

Frost is a good kid that should be playing WR.

haha rocket surgery

Is JJ cut out to be a battering ram? He is big but does he have that I will run over you attitude? I don't see it ... but we have no other choice. They may as well take him out now if they expect him to be a pocket passer.

Frost is a good kid that should be playing WR.

Beat me to it. Rocket Science / Brain Surgery, what's the difference? LOL

Jeremy looks slow and uncomfortable running the ball. He is not quick at all it takes him a while to get going. I really believe the staff knows he can't run the option. He looked good test cause the game was over and LSU knew it. I say start Jeremy one more game see if it clicks and then start Sean white against San Jose with and off week before Kentucky to prepare.

Jeremy looks slow and uncomfortable running the ball. He is not quick at all it takes him a while to get going. I really believe the staff knows he can't run the option. He looked good test cause the game was over and LSU knew it. I say start Jeremy one more game see if it clicks and then start Sean white against San Jose with and off week before Kentucky to prepare.

I think Johnson has seen enough chances.....wide receivers,too....and linebackers too

Im thinking it doesnt matter what the solution is. If Ive learned anything the first 3 games, its that we arent going to try to fix anything on offense. We are going to keep trying to jam that square peg into a round hole and scratch our heads on the sideline when it still doesnt work. Anyone who thinks real changes are coming are kidding themselves imo. Evidence says otherwise.

Im thinking it doesnt matter what the solution is. If Ive learned anything the first 3 games, its that we arent going to try to fix anything on offense. We are going to keep trying to jam that square peg into a round hole and scratch our heads on the sideline when it still doesnt work. Anyone who thinks real changes are coming are kidding themselves imo. Evidence says otherwise.

Sad but true.

Lol...this is literally the last discussion I thought we would be having in week 3 of the season. My how things change. This is the worst senerio possible. Haha

If what we saw yesterday after the piss poor performance against jack state was the best we could regarding change you have to be smoking something to think we will see anything different vs Miss State.

Another butt whopping coming.

Mark my words.

Lol...this is literally the last discussion I thought we would be having in week 3 of the season. My how things change. This is the worst senerio possible. Haha

Ha. Yep. I cant think of a worse one.

Could have a coach that wrecks motorcycles and marriages, and currently has 3 losses.

It's not rocket surgery, hopefully our coaches saw it. JJ can be very effective in the "early Cam" role. He's not rothlisberger, the staff seems to be trying to develop him as an ultra-efficient pocket passer which is admirable.........but it's not the case for him.

For his sake and the team's sake........let him be a read option battering ram. Let him move the pocket enough to pressure a defense. Give him the opportunity to win back the respect of his teammates. I actually found some hope after watching the 2nd half, if our coaches commit to using him more as a runner.........we could be pretty tough to plan for.

On D, I don't have all the answers but one observation........kris frost is going to play in the nfl, at safety. He's not a lb in any shape or form, quit trying to use him there.

With all do respect, I just don't think we can rely on an offense lineman to be 20 yards down the field and a db making the wrong choice allowing j.j. to squirt through.. I don't want to have to rely on JJ squirting through all game against msu

but you may be right.. if it's going to work in my opinion it's going to have to be a straight up the gut no decisions required just dumb down .. a "set hut" now run straight. I honestly don't know that there wouldn't be better options to run the option play. I also think back to how Malzahn made it work Chris Todd and wonder could Sean White become that or just a Barrett Trotter? Your post offered positive suggestions thanks.

The coaches have been saying JJ has been ready for prime time for the past 2-3 years. Well he obviously isn't. They also say SW isn't ready. Given their impressions of JJ over the past 3 yrs I'd be willing to bet SW will be a rockstar. He reminds me so much of Aaron Murray it isn't funny. Say what you want about AM but the kid could play ball and hit recievers, not LB's, in the chest with the ball.

Realistically, JJ should have around 10 INT's. Lousiville dropped 2, JSU dropped 1 and LSU had one hit them in the chest and dropped it.

Gus should have given Sean White a couple of series during mop up time yesterday if for no other reason but to get him some live snaps. JJ just looks lost to me and he is reminding me of Kyle Frazier more and more.

21 should be enough to beat lsu, the solution needs to be for the defense. Home field or not Auburn still matches up with lsu star for star. Especially since Auburn has a better qb and coaching staff and lsu is 1 dimensional. The L is on the defense.

21 should be enough to beat lsu, the solution needs to be for the defense. Home field or not Auburn still matches up with lsu star for star. Especially since Auburn has a better qb and coaching staff and lsu is 1 dimensional. The L is on the defense.

you're kidding? right?

Really? Clearly you either didn't watch the game at all (or any game ever) or know next to nothing about the game. There are issues on both sides of the ball that need to be fixed. The offense and defense go hand in hand. A consistent offense (which we haven't seen all season) keeps the defense off the field and keeps them fresh for when they are called upon. How you think the solution is only for the defense is just beyond me (and likely everyone else here).

It's easy to get caught up in the emotions and fret on what could have been w/ JJ. We're here, now, and we've got to build on what we can do. If he's the one, we've got to run what he can run. If that's two read option plays and a set of three yard curls, well let's do the damn thing and do it well.

Let's all put to rest the myth that T. Matthews is some type of great tackler. I read time and time again since he came to AU what a big tackler he is. After watching him try to ride Fournette's back and look like a complete p*ussy, that myth is busted.

Archived