09 20 15 Notes

RunInRed

Rhett Lashlee

Rhett: "We spent the whole day" reevaluating every position. Will continue to do it all week

Rhett: "(Jeremy) is our starter right now"

Rhett: "There was no confrontation ever (between me and Jeremy Johnson). Let me make that clear" when asked about CBS broadcast/gloves

Rhett on Jason Smith and the Wildcat: "You never know. Anything is possible."

Lashlee said he does believe he's getting full execution/effort from his WRs.

Rhett on Duke: "I was really proud of his attitude, fighting, playing blocking ... until the end"

Rhett Lashlee calls Kerryon Johnson "a bright spot" during yesterday's loss. Said they also liked how Roc played

Rhett on Jovon: "For the most part, he should be as good as he's been. I think another week he should be pretty healthy"

Rhett: "Statistically, no one is doing anything that great."

@AUBlog

Lashlee: "We all have ownership of what happened yesterday."

Lashlee says Sean White knows the playbook and having to scale back gameplan w/him compared w/ Jeremy Johnson isn't a factor.

@matthewcstevens

Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee says QB Jeremy Johnson is "our starter right now." Says he'll put best players on field Saturday.

Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee: "This week we're evaluating everybody. We'll put the guys out there who are ready to play."

Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee : "We're in the ongoing process of adapting to the players we have."

Rhett Lashlee says Auburn freshman running back Kerryon Johnson "was really competing. He was fighting hard. That was really good to see."

Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee: "We still believe in our guys. We still believe we have good players."

@AUGoldMine

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Avery Young

Avery said everyone on this team still has confidence in Jeremy. "It's QB in the SEC -- that's the level right below NFL"

Avery Young said "everything will fall into place" for Jeremy Johnson.

@AUBlog

Dontavius Russell

Russell: "I didn't look at any stats, but I know we didn't perform the way we would like."

@AUBlog

"We just got beat by a team that played better than we did.

Russell says he had a bit of an ankle issue in Week 2 but he's okay.

Russell says Carl Lawson said he felt sorry about not being able to play b/c of his hip injury.

@matthewcstevens

Coach, the team looks confused, unmotivated and no one on the sideline looks like they have a clue how to solve any of those issues. How would you respond to fans with these concerns?

RL:

He says he has no idea why they didn't play well and then denies saying he couldn't explain it.

The explanation for the loss: Sometimes you get your butt kicked.

JJ and receivers aren't executing together as they should be.

"We're not playing very well. All of us."

Good for Avery not throwing JJ under the bus. That's our job lol. Lashlee is lost on fixing this and it's starting to show. Good thing we will have another good week of practice and I expect all players ,even Holsey will be day to day on injuries and expected back soon. Atleast RL admits that we suck at everything.

Of major note: somewhere in that RL conference, it was quoted that JJ didn't care if he lost the starting job or not and RL looked a little disturbed and said he hadn't heard that quote. If it's true that JJ doesn't even care anymore if he plays, it's not worth even giving him another chance. He has officially given up and someone else that actually wants to play should be playing. Can anyone verify that quote? If accurate, it is beyond disturbing that our starting QB isn't even interested in fighting for his position.

Good for Avery not throwing JJ under the bus. That's our job lol. Lashlee is lost on fixing this and it's starting to show. Good thing we will have another good week of practice and I expect all players ,even Holsey will be day to day on injuries and expected back soon. Atleast RL admits that we suck at everything.

Of major note: somewhere in that RL conference, it was quoted that JJ didn't care if he lost the starting job or not and RL looked a little disturbed and said he hadn't heard that quote. If it's true that JJ doesn't even care anymore if he plays, it's not worth even giving him another chance. He has officially given up and someone else that actually wants to play should be playing. Can anyone verify that quote? If accurate, it is beyond disturbing that our starting QB isn't even interested in fighting for his position.

Someone asked him after the game what his reaction would be if a change was made at QB and JJ's repsonse was "no reaction".

Someone asked him after the game what his reaction would be if a change was made at QB and JJ's repsonse was "no reaction".

I think it was "I wouldn't have no reaction". This guy is our leader on offense.

1. I like how RunInRed captioned the AY video as Avery Johnson. I needed a laugh, and thinking of a 5'10 loud mouthed PG who could bench 400 lbs in his heyday at right tackle entertained me.

2. JJ's quote was unfortunate. I don't understand how this has been so awful, but I blame Gus ten times more than JJ.

3. No reason to punch Rhett. No other P5 school worth a crap would have made him an OC. That was the first Gus warning sign (besides the 09 Kentucky game). He is an errand boy for Gus. It would be so much better to have a real QB coach in that spot. Hmmm, now where could we find a former awesome mobile QB, QB coach with former QBs in the NFL, etc...hmmmm. Instead of sycophant yes men, Gus needs a QB coach and OC who might have the guts to debate him and help make the offense better.

4. I really hope this very highly compensated staff isn't as clueless as they sound. The team desparately needs leadership and motivation, and it looks like we have dumba$$es barely better then Bert Bielema.

5. Gus...zone read and inverted veer. Jeremy is mobile enough for both. And both will set up our running game and play action passing game. So far this season, you are like a QB hanging his receiver out to dry with floaters over the middle again and again, and JJ is the receiver in this analogy. He may be good, or he may suck, but you couldn't have done a worse job coaching him this season. Quit setting him up to fail!

"We're not playing very well. All of us." = You can't blame this on me.

JJ doesn't even care anymore if he plays : When you consider the state of his own play, the team's play, plus the implications of the 'glove incident' where CRL reportedly told JJ the problem was in his head, I can see where the kid might want to give up.

This thread is so funny. Last season this board was filled with worries that Lashlee would be leaving soon for a head coaching job. Now people want him run out of town on a rail. Whatever.

This thread is so funny. Last season this board was filled with worries that Lashlee would be leaving soon for a head coaching job. Now people want him run out of town on a rail. Whatever.

Love this staff and truly believe they want to win more than all of us. That is why I think JJ will be on a very short lease this Sat.

Maybe this time next week, we will be making positive posts about how JJ saw the light and turned into CamJo.

and, everyone was ranting and raving about JJ and the season Auburn was going to have............I knew this would happen. It's funny to watch folks leap to their death from the ledge.

I at no point worried about that. Rhett is a nothing that apparently has been given too much control this year.

Well don't be disturbed, I saw it. This came after questions over and over again by the same reporter along the same line. "How would you feel ? What if you got benched ? blah blah". I think what JJ meant was that he would be a team player about it, which is how I took it. The reporter was brow beating JJ to get a sound bite at JJ's expense. The reporter is an ass for doing that and crossed the line imo.

I consider Rhett a friend. I assure you that he wants to win more than anyone.

I think the JJ quote was out of context. I think what he meant was that he'd support whatever was best for his team.

exactly

I just don't get what made Lashley Larue qualified to be OC and QB coach at an SEC school. He makes 800,000 freaking dollars a year for basically being malzahns assistant. I've never seen any evidence that he has helped any Au QB. Heck maybe this is the problem. Maybe Gus is actually letting him call the plays. I hadn't seen a play this year that looks like a Gus play call.

1. I like how RunInRed captioned the AY video as Avery Johnson. I needed a laugh, and thinking of a 5'10 loud mouthed PG who could bench 400 lbs in his heyday at right tackle entertained me.

;) Fixed ...

Archived