09 20 15 Notes

RunInRed

I consider Rhett a friend. I assure you that he wants to win more than anyone.

I think the JJ quote was out of context. I think what he meant was that he'd support whatever was best for his team.

I don't believe anyone thinks CRL doesn't want to win games and make this team great.

You're most likely right about JJ, but he didn't say he'd be disappointed, which is what most people expected to hear.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is so funny. Last season this board was filled with worries that Lashlee would be leaving soon for a head coaching job. Now people want him run out of town on a rail. Whatever.

I at no point worried about that. Rhett is a nothing that apparently has been given too much control this year.

Strong words from someone that's never attended a practice or coaches meeting and has no idea what any of the coaches do in practice or who has what responsibility during a game. You have no way of knowing how much control any coach has. That's just more unfounded speculation on your part.

I think the JJ quote was out of context. I think what he meant was that he'd support whatever was best for his team.

No way to take his quote out of context. It was made during a video interview...the context is clearly visible.

This thread is so funny. Last season this board was filled with worries that Lashlee would be leaving soon for a head coaching job. Now people want him run out of town on a rail. Whatever.

I at no point worried about that. Rhett is a nothing that apparently has been given too much control this year.

Strong words from someone that's never attended a practice or coaches meeting and has no idea what any of the coaches do in practice or who has what responsibility during a game. You have no way of knowing how much control any coach has. That's just more unfounded speculation on your part.

And his unfounded speculation is in each and every thread, over, and over and over.

No way to take his quote out of context. It was made during a video interview...the context is clearly visible.

A young guy being grilled by a reporter....gave the "party line'.....like most quotes of this sort, IMO it tells us nothing about JJ's state of mind or competitiveness.

JJ's a team player....always has been or he like many 5* players who have to sit a couple years waiting their turn, he would have transferred.

Folks over-analyzing this interview way to much. As for the interview itself, the reporter also probably kicks little puppies when he gets an opportunity.

A few people before the season had made comments about the true Auburn team. They were not negative comments but things like O-Line has a lot of individual talent But has not played as a unit and it may take a while to become good. JJ looked good against Arkansas but that was a team with an extremely weak pass defense. People like that thought the D would be better because of three things Muschamp, Lawson returning, and Cowart but that LB was an area of concern and that DB would play a lot of new faces.

These posters were called Bammers and negative Nancies Maybe they were just objective.

Give me a break.... we've all said stuff (an write) n d spur of the moment, in a context that doesn't belay the real intent or implications of how it will be taken or twisted apart.

And one has only to read some of y(our) gibberish to illustrate or prove.

A few people before the season had made comments about the true Auburn team. They were not negative comments but things like O-Line has a lot of individual talent But has not played as a unit and it may take a while to become good. JJ looked good against Arkansas but that was a team with an extremely weak pass defense. People like that thought the D would be better because of three things Muschamp, Lawson returning, and Cowart but that LB was an area of concern and that DB would play a lot of new faces.

These posters were called Bammers and negative Nancies Maybe they were just objective.

For some folks, questioning authority is tantamount to treason, so their gut instinct is to assume criticism (critique) is always offered with malicious intent.

Ignore these scolds. They obviously enjoy policing thought more than discussing football, anyway.

Any amount of control given to Rhett is too much. Based on the past 4 games, Gus nerds to be trying to right this ship offensively completely by himself

Typical!

i think he meant he would not cry like a baby.

Give me a break.... we've all said stuff (an write) n d spur of the moment, in a context that doesn't belay the real intent or implications of how it will be taken or twisted apart.

And one has only to read some of y(our) gibberish to illustrate or prove.

Good one, chief. You sure showed me.

exactly

Exactly X 2.

and, everyone was ranting and raving about JJ and the season Auburn was going to have............I knew this would happen. It's funny to watch folks leap to their death from the ledge.

I believe the best word to describe fans is "fickle". W and L's do funny things to people.

and, everyone was ranting and raving about JJ and the season Auburn was going to have............I knew this would happen. It's funny to watch folks leap to their death from the ledge.

I believe the best word to describe fans is "fickle". W and L's do funny things to people.

Kind of like shareholders in a company. If you have a vested interest in something, you tend to care how well it performs.

Kind of like shareholders in a company. If you have a vested interest in something, you tend to care how well it performs.

tru, and like sports, we have whole TV networks dedicated to the "ups and downs" or these type things.

Spot on! I was one of those people being called a Bammer. Not for being negative but just for addressing question marks. 2014 should've taught us even the smallest of question marks make a huge difference (last year it was H-back and LT--neither of which are small questions but people were sooooo sure we'd have no problem there)

We had way more questions about this team going into the year than the previous years team and that gave us 5 losses. QB, OL, and RB were major unknowns and have turned out to be underwhelming.

to me, It appears that Johnson has been groomed to be the quarterback to get us back to the top.....he has all of the tools and has looked good in his time on the field for the last two years....I don't put this years performance on malzahn, though....sure, he's the top dog, but here is what I think has happened with Johnson.....he was all set to become "the man" and when he walked on the stage and the floodlight came on, he went blind....it looks like he felt the pressure and hype and like an electrical breaker, he flipped into the "off" position.....he is overloaded and its all between his ears....can he be fixed and reprogrammed?....sure he can....but I think he has to sit down for a game or two without the pressure and come to grips with himself before he comes back as the starting QB....its different from "choking" in that he wants to do so well that he can't do anything....its along the lines of a stutterer....in most cases, somebody that stutters has an above average IQ and they are very quick thinkers, so quick that the other organs involved in talking can't keep up with the thought process of talking and the person has a sensory overload.....I think he'll be fine eventually, but this will take a while to sort itself out

to me, It appears that Johnson has been groomed to be the quarterback to get us back to the top.....he has all of the tools and has looked good in his time on the field for the last two years....I don't put this years performance on malzahn, though....sure, he's the top dog, but here is what I think has happened with Johnson.....he was all set to become "the man" and when he walked on the stage and the floodlight came on, he went blind....it looks like he felt the pressure and hype and like an electrical breaker, he flipped into the "off" position.....he is overloaded and its all between his ears....can he be fixed and reprogrammed?....sure he can....but I think he has to sit down for a game or two without the pressure and come to grips with himself before he comes back as the starting QB....its different from "choking" in that he wants to do so well that he can't do anything....its along the lines of a stutterer....in most cases, somebody that stutters has an above average IQ and they are very quick thinkers, so quick that the other organs involved in talking can't keep up with the thought process of talking and the person has a sensory overload.....I think he'll be fine eventually, but this will take a while to sort itself out

I think this is a great analysis. But I'm not sure whether sitting him or does more harm than good... I tend to think the remedies to these sorts of situations are very personality driven. Some would respond positively to having the opportunity to put the heat on someone else, others however, would continue faster into meltdown mode. I hope the coaches are making decisions on which of these paths to take based on what helps JJ the most. A faster recovery for JJ is a faster recovery for the whole team.

Mental Yips.

exactly!....remember steve sax?....he was the dodger second baseman who ,all of a sudden, could not make a routine throw to first base....he eventually overcame it, but it took a while....there was a pitcher, and I can't pull up his name, but I think he pitched for the cardinals, who ,suddenly, could not throw it across the plate if he rolled it

Good for Avery not throwing JJ under the bus. That's our job lol. Lashlee is lost on fixing this and it's starting to show. Good thing we will have another good week of practice and I expect all players ,even Holsey will be day to day on injuries and expected back soon. Atleast RL admits that we suck at everything.

Of major note: somewhere in that RL conference, it was quoted that JJ didn't care if he lost the starting job or not and RL looked a little disturbed and said he hadn't heard that quote. If it's true that JJ doesn't even care anymore if he plays, it's not worth even giving him another chance. He has officially given up and someone else that actually wants to play should be playing. Can anyone verify that quote? If accurate, it is beyond disturbing that our starting QB isn't even interested in fighting for his position.

Someone asked him after the game what his reaction would be if a change was made at QB and JJ's repsonse was "no reaction".

I think it was "I wouldn't have no reaction". This guy is our leader on offense.

Come on, guys. He was clearly implying that he would react appropriately to losing the starting position. A child could have understood that. Jeremy Johnson has made some mistakes on the football field, but he has been a class act on and off the field. Some "fans" mire the entire sport, and there as many in the Auburn camp as any other team.

Good for Avery not throwing JJ under the bus. That's our job lol. Lashlee is lost on fixing this and it's starting to show. Good thing we will have another good week of practice and I expect all players ,even Holsey will be day to day on injuries and expected back soon. Atleast RL admits that we suck at everything.

Of major note: somewhere in that RL conference, it was quoted that JJ didn't care if he lost the starting job or not and RL looked a little disturbed and said he hadn't heard that quote. If it's true that JJ doesn't even care anymore if he plays, it's not worth even giving him another chance. He has officially given up and someone else that actually wants to play should be playing. Can anyone verify that quote? If accurate, it is beyond disturbing that our starting QB isn't even interested in fighting for his position.

Someone asked him after the game what his reaction would be if a change was made at QB and JJ's repsonse was "no reaction".

I think it was "I wouldn't have no reaction". This guy is our leader on offense.

Come on, guys. He was clearly implying that he would react appropriately to losing the starting position. A child could have understood that. Jeremy Johnson has made some mistakes on the football field, but he has been a class act on and off the field. Some "fans" mire the entire sport, and there as many in the Auburn camp as any other team.

You're attack would be better suited for others on this board. Nobody you quoted said anything that bad. I posted that I had not heard the quote and if it sounded like what I gathered from elsewhere, it was disturbing. Then someone explained the actual quote, and another pointed out that he is leading our team and may not care if he is benched (which is fair conclusion to reading the quote without watching the actual interview). So...who are you attacking here? Doesn't matter really. Unfounded and misdirected.

You're attack would be better suited for others on this board. Nobody you quoted said anything that bad. I posted that I had not heard the quote and if it sounded like what I gathered from elsewhere, it was disturbing. Then someone explained the actual quote, and another pointed out that he is leading our team and may not care if he is benched (which is fair conclusion to reading the quote without watching the actual interview). So...who are you attacking here? Doesn't matter really. Unfounded and misdirected.

I agree my post was the result of the cumulative negativity on this board, but I stand by my comments. You were spreading gossip about a very easily researched quote that you totally butchered, then posited an unrealistic and unflattering conclusion about the meaning of that quote (you really think a starting SEC quarterback wouldn't care about being benched? Get real. He's worked his ass off to get where he is), and calling the implications of your illogical hypothesis "beyond disturbing" is very boorish behavior in my opinion.

Archived