Questions for the week

bg5

I have a few questions I'm not sure anyone can do more than speculate but here goes:

Is Carl Lawson out long term or short term?

Will JJ start this week?

If JJ does start but doesn't play well will Gus pull him mid game?

Was it me or was Cass. McKinzey out of position more times than not Saturday?

Feels like Lawson is out long term.

Yes JJ will start

I think if things don't go well in the 1st quarter then yes they will at least give White a shot at QB

All of our defensive players were out of position more often than not Saturday.

I have a few questions I'm not sure anyone can do more than speculate but here goes:

Is Carl Lawson out long term or short term?

Will JJ start this week?

If JJ does start but doesn't play well will Gus pull him mid game?

Was it me or was Cass. McKinzey out of position more times than not Saturday?

The problem is that Cass WAS in position many times, he just didn't make the play. He was out of control a lot and over ran the plays many times or just flat missed the tackle in the backfield.

I felt like I was watching an Ellis Johnson defense.

Muschamp must be PISSED. I'm sure he went into the season thinking that if he held teams around 20 points then AU would be winning...or not thinking the O would have consecutive 3 and outs so often.

the only way JJ is successful is if we went to a triple option attack and he became a runner with an occasional deep ball. He can't and will never be a pocket passer, he can't read a defense.

I posted this as part of my reply to the LSU postgame podcast, since there wasn't a 'questions' thread, yet. But I'll post a modified version here, too, just in case (and to add to my post count, of course):

You've mentioned the inexperience on the team already, citing that as one key factor making it difficult for us to win this season. But, given how things are going, what if we embrace our youth instead of trying to compensate for it? I am curious your thoughts on whether we should go into full UTk, 'brick-by-brick' mode and throw a bunch of extremely inexperienced kids out there now. I realize we are already doing something like that, especially on D (which you just detailed in a post on the 'Youth Movement' on D). But how do you feel about doing it even more and on both sides of the ball? Kerryon has looked promising. Maybe we can find more ways to get the ball to Chandler Cox? It's not true that we have no tight end, either. We could throw Harris out there. Suppose we did work mostly around the running game, as you suggest. Who should be the QB in that case? If we're not going to ask the QB to do a lot of throwing, then wouldn't it be a good time to put in Sean White and get him some experience, without putting too much pressure on him? Why or why not?

Also, you mentioned the FPI at the beginning of the post-LSU game podcast. The FPI has predicted a pretty bad season for us all along. I'm just curious what you think about the FPI overall, especially in terms of its capacity to predict game outcomes.

AUbritt, Greater New York Metro Area

Archived