Tiger Talk - Mississippi State Edition

RunInRed

Gus Malzahn

Auburn's Gus Malzahn after weekend: "I could see disappointment. That's a good thing. We need to rebound. They had a good spirit about them"

"When you go through adverse times, you find out exactly who's all in. That's something good moving forward. Our guys have been a close group, and now we're going through a little adversity, so we'll find out our true character. I really expect us to come together and get better.

Gus Malzahn on freshmen: "We've got some young guys who have the talent. All they need is experience, and they're getting it right now."

Auburn's Gus Malzahn on freshman running back Kerryon Johnson: "You can really see he's going to be a phenomenal player."

Gus Malzahn on Kerryon Johnson: "He has receivers' hands and running back skills… probably his greatest strength is he's a great competitor"

Auburn's Gus Malzahn says Jeremy Johnson "knows he didn't have his best day, but he made some plays in the second half and he competed."

Auburn's Gus Malzahn on Tiger Talk: "All the true freshmen we've put on the field have competed…played extremely hard."

Auburn's Gus Malzahn: "It's always good when good things happen to guys like Melvin Ray."

@AUGoldMine

Gus on Sunday practice: "They had a good spirit about them, a good attitude. They understand where we're at"

Gus: "When you go through adverse time, you find out who's all in. ... We'll find out our true character."

Gus on Jason Smith: He's a dynamic playmaker.

Gus asked about Peyton and Jovon: "The positive is we got 4 guys. They're all a little bit different, so that gives us flexibility"

Gus says Jovon Robinson (again) tweaked his ankle against LSU.

Gus on Carl Lawson: "We're hoping in the next day or two that we'll have a little clarity with that situation. ... Definitely need him back"

Gus: "Kevin Phillips was phenomenal. Special teams was actually our bright spot on Saturday"

Gus on plans to run with JJ earlier/more? "We're a rhythm offense and we got to get first downs. ... We have a good plan moving forward"

Does Gus need a dual-threat QB to run his offense? "With our offense, we've had success w/ different kinds of QBs. "

Gus on Miss St DC Manny Diaz: "He's an attacking guy. He does very unique things that he's very good at."

Malzahn calls Dak Prescott "the real deal"

@AUBlog

Well, that clears everything up. What is even the point of talking to Gus and staff? They give us nothing every time they open their mouths.

Gus on Sunday practice: "They had a good spirit about them, a good attitude. They understand where we're at"

Okay...? Anyone care to expound upon this for Gus?

Well, that clears everything up. What is even the point of talking to Gus and staff? They give us nothing every time they open their mouths.

Ok I'll bite. It means we are having a good week of practice. Anymore questions? Seriously though, I can't believe people are still asking for injury reports.

Ok I'll bite. It means we are having a good week of practice. Anymore questions? Seriously though, I can't believe people are still asking for injury reports.

We've been having "good weeks of practice" for over a half a decade now.

I bet guys were "flying around out there" too.

We've been having "good weeks of practice" for over a half a decade now.

I bet guys were "flying around out there" too.

No doubt about it.

(Raises hand). So if we go through "adverse times" and find out a significant number of veterans are not "all in" or all about focus and commitment, where does that leave us coach?

I like malzahn, although maybe, not as a head coach....I didn't want him hired, then I warmed up to him after 2013, and I don't want to see him fired now...but damn, why can't he take a public relations course and learn public speaking etiquette....I get so tired of this...."hey gus, nobody is scared of us right now, because they know the offense is crap and the defense has more holes than swiss cheese...our MVP right now is the damn punter, so just shoot straight with us"

What part of "When you go through adverse times, you find out exactly who's all in" did you people not understand?

Obviously all of it 24. Some people won't be happy until Gus commits hari-kari on live TV.

Why does anyone think Gus is going to say anything else? What would you expect? " I've been reading the AU Family forums and I think I can fix this with their help"? I think we all want him to get this figured out before Saturday but he doesn't have to give the media anything new. I don't care what he tells the media. I just want the team to do the talking on the field.

I for one could not care less what Gus says to the media as long as he puts a well coached team on the field on Saturdays.Which so far this year he has not.

Gus says we have a lot of dynamic players. Why are we not getting the ball in their hands? Coach speak wears me out. It always starts with the coaches and ends with the coaches. No one is earning their pay.

I wish I had some idea what people expect him to say? Are we looking for Rex Ryan talk? Spurrier-esque player shaming? Tell the world exactly what we are going to run against Miss St? This is just funny what some people expect. Im just happy that at least the coach has faith in the team. They have the talent - we just need the execution expected of JJ and the rest should fall in line.

People get mad at the coach speak because they must expect something different from Gus. We know what he's going to say, stop expecting change and you will feel better about it lol

Who are these mad people you are complaining about? Just because someone makes an observation doesn't mean they are mad. Also you complaining about them doesn't make those observations any less true.

Who are these mad people you are complaining about? Just because someone makes an observation doesn't mean they are mad. Also you complaining about them doesn't make those observations any less true.

Just surprised people expect anything different. The answers were the exact same when we were crushing teams with the run in 2013, so for the coachspeak to rub people the wrong way is kind of funny to me.

Just surprised people expect anything different. The answers were the exact same when we were crushing teams with the run in 2013, so for the coachspeak to rub people the wrong way is kind of funny to me.

Yeah I was one of the people who commented about it but only because I find it humorous not because it makes me mad.

Yeah I was one of the people who commented about it but only because I find it humorous not because it makes me mad.

Gotcha haha we are on the same page then

Archived