OK, now what changes for the defensive side?

tigerman1186

I think Frost is best suited in Nickel, but right now he needs to act like every game is his last and he needs to overcome his poor positioning and NOW.

Cass has all the tools but between the ears (in a football sense) he misses sometimes. I'd like to see him as a pass rusher some but we will see...the depth at LB isn't great.

I think Frost's poor positioning is on purpose because he hates contact. I don't know how good he would be at nickel, but with his instincts and athleticism I think he would make for one hell of a Matador.

can you remember him EVER hitting a ball carrier head on?....I actually tried, and I don't remember a single time

I got nothing.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Frost is best suited in Nickel, but right now he needs to act like every game is his last and he needs to overcome his poor positioning and NOW.

Cass has all the tools but between the ears (in a football sense) he misses sometimes. I'd like to see him as a pass rusher some but we will see...the depth at LB isn't great.

I think Frost's poor positioning is on purpose because he hates contact. I don't know how good he would be at nickel, but with his instincts and athleticism I think he would make for one hell of a Matador.

can you remember him EVER hitting a ball carrier head on?....I actually tried, and I don't remember a single time

I got nothing.

So the fact that a couple people can't remember a hit......that's surely a joke. How may "hits' can you remember by one of our DLs or DEs or anyone else. Ford is the leading tackler, Cas next and Frost has a ton of assists which are helpful ,,,,,but the number of tackles by the line....now that IMO is what is pitiful...12 tackles for loss against 140 rushing attempts by the opposition.

I got nothing.

So the fact that a couple people can't remember a hit......that's surely a joke. How may "hits' can you remember by one of our DLs or DEs or anyone else. Ford is the leading tackler, Cas next and Frost has a ton of assists which are helpful ,,,,,but the number of tackles by the line....now that IMO is what is pitiful...12 tackles for loss against 140 rushing attempts by the opposition.

the DE's are pitiful, the DT's have actually played fairly well (not this past week, though)....the fact remains that this defense could be a lot better, that is, if they wanted to be....muschamp finally called them out and is making some serious changes in personnel....you saw the quit last year, and they quit when Lawson got hurt this year....time to put them where they belong, and play the young guys

There will be no vigil for Frost if he gets benched. The guy has been a large role player for 4 years and never made it happen.

Completely agree. I think Cassanova is too talented to bench. But Frost has seen his time and has never been an impact player.

While Frost has been inconsistent, you can't say he has never been an impact player. I know Johnny Football would disagree with you... so would Laquon Treadwell. There's 2 games we wouldn't have won without him.

This. He quietly makes plays. It's just that, when he does blow a play, he does so very badly.

I got nothing.

By all means, fill us in on who he's laid the wood to. Just one good hit is all I'm asking for. We're not talking about a secondary player either, we're talking about a LB that's been around for 4 years. I'll just be here waiting.

I'm ALL IN for the youth movement,Frost can't fing the ball and just can not or will not get off blocks,at least Tre was getting off blocks and trying to make plays and sometimes did make the play.Play the young guys and get them game time reps it may payoff in the future.

Is it possible that Frosty has been out of position all these years? If I remember correctly, he came to AU as 4 or 5* athlete....who had played both offense and defense. I think he projected at the time to be a LB or WR and the greatest upside being LB. And here we are today.

Frost has seen the entire spectrum of AU football. And unfortunately for him 3 different DCs I think. For a guy who needed to learn a position that certainly didn't make it easier on him. But you have to expect more production from a senior. Some games it seems like hes getting it (KSU game) then other times he looks like a freshman out there

Frost has seen the entire spectrum of AU football. And unfortunately for him 3 different DCs I think. For a guy who needed to learn a position that certainly didn't make it easier on him. But you have to expect more production from a senior. Some games it seems like hes getting it (KSU game) then other times he looks like a freshman out there

4, actually. He redshirted under Roof. And I used that excuse a lot in his defense until this season.

4, actually. He redshirted under Roof. And I used that excuse a lot in his defense until this season.

Dear Lord, I didn't know he redshirted. A 5th year senior who looks that lost on the field...

yikes

yikes

He was mostly a WR in HS I think and because of his size and our ongoing lack of LB recruits several coaches have tried to make him into a LB which has only been a moderate success. Playing LB is kind of instinctual I think and whether you like his play or not, for a couple years he has been as good (or better) than anyone who might be a replacement....and he has stuck it out and taken the heat from some unhappy fans.

Otherwise, he's a good student, a good spokesman for the team and probably meets all the criteria as an "Auburn Man". Hoping he continues to give 100% and contributes however he is able.

yikes

He was mostly a WR in HS I think and because of his size and our ongoing lack of LB recruits several coaches have tried to make him into a LB which has only been a moderate success. Playing LB is kind of instinctual I think and whether you like his play or not, for a couple years he has been as good (or better) than anyone who might be a replacement....and he has stuck it out and taken the heat from some unhappy fans.

Otherwise, he's a good student, a good spokesman for the team and probably meets all the criteria as an "Auburn Man". Hoping he continues to give 100% and contributes however he is able.

this is the best comment on frost so far. Just hope nobody thinks he would have been more successful at wr.

yikes

Good stuff. I've mostly stuck to this line of thinking until this season, but I finally let my frustration carry me away from it. Thanks for the reminder(s).

(And, to bounce off something chimes brought up in a discussion about another player, I'm not sure gen pop would be as passive about us carrying on about certain other positions the way we have about our LBs and secondary the last few years.)

yikes

Um, he was the #2 OLB according to rivals and a 5 star. IIRC, nobody, except maybe Frost, though he would play WR. He was evaluated as a LB and recruited as a LB and played LB in the Army All American game.

I'm not sure where you got that anyone has tried to "make him into a LB".. That's absurd, LOL.

Archived