Trent Dilfer comments on Sean White & QB development

uncommonfan

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! Says allot like Drew Brees, only a better arm. Went on to say he was shocked JJ beat him out this year.

interesting. Hope this is an accurate insight compared to everything we heard about JJ leading up to the season

Great more hype just what we needed

The guy will be starting for a top Div 1, Power 5 team.....not surprising that the media will weigh in on his qualifications. Folks not familiar with SW are certainly interested to know a little about him.

JMO, but this should be encouraging for AU fans....as for hype....that's when coaches or wildly optimistic supporters are suggesting playoff potential and a QB who has the Heisman in his future.... and he will only play one season because he will leave early for the NFL. .....though perhaps that's delusion rather than hype come to think of it.

So now Trent Dilfer and Jack Crowe have compared him to Drew Brees. Man, some of us were so stupid to suggest when he signed and again in the spring that he might draw some comparisons.

(Yeah, for all the insults and "laughable"s that got thrown around, I'm going full ITYS on this one. Oh, and Peyton Barber is starting again Saturday.)

So now Trent Dilfer and Jack Crowe have compared him to Drew Brees. Man, some of us were so stupid to suggest when he signed and again in the spring that he might draw some comparisons.

(Yeah, for all the insults and "laughable"s that got thrown around, I'm going full ITYS on this one. Oh, and Peyton Barber is starting again Saturday.)

Sounds like the read option might be back in the offense again.

So what will be SW's first play....I'm back to the fake read option (pre-called) with a hand-off to PB off the left side....

Sounds like the read option might be back in the offense again.

So what will be SW's first play....I'm back to the fake read option (pre-called) with a hand-off to PB off the left side....

I definitely don't have a better guess than that one.

Never go left. Always right... : - )

generally true but guess it might depend on who is playing left tackle....

With limited access to players, i have noticed Sean has a confident maybe cocky, let's go do this and have fun, type of persona about him. JJ seems so business like he might just be wound too tight. Anyway that is my two cents with very little to sample from.

Great more hype just what we needed

The guy will be starting for a top Div 1, Power 5 team.....not surprising that the media will weigh in on his qualifications. Folks not familiar with SW are certainly interested to know a little about him.

JMO, but this should be encouraging for AU fans....as for hype....that's when coaches or wildly optimistic supporters are suggesting playoff potential and a QB who has the Heisman in his future.... and he will only play one season because he will leave early for the NFL. .....though perhaps that's delusion rather than hype come to think of it.

True...really hope this young guy puts in work, just protect the doggone ball please

I am excited almost as much as when we hired Gus & company. I hope our run game kicks in big time, and MSU will not know what hit them. If the offense does like I think they will do, the defense will join in the party and show that they are now a force to recon with.

Good to hear this from someone not Rhett...even if it is Trent the complete definition of a game manager Dilfer

Yes but he picks the Elite 11 and the winners. Some great qbs won that competition.

Wasn't Dilfer the one who said Sean can paint pictures with his balls?

*snickers*

yea, well if football does not pan out, there are a lot of people who would pay to see that.

I am excited almost as much as when we hired Gus & company. I hope our run game kicks in big time, and MSU will not know what hit them. If the offense does like I think they will do, the defense will join in the party and show that they are now a force to recon with.

Doc, I was thinking the same thing. If we score on our first possession, I think the defense will show out.

Yeah yeah and JJ was supposed to win the Heisman. I'll wait to judge

Can't argue with that.

I do think it's instructive for the "oh no, not the little white fella" crowd.

Think that many of us have adopted the concept that all QBs should look like Cam.....which tells me that those people have forgotten how that kid Murray from UGA gave us fits for 4 years....don't know about the rest of you but I was glad to see that guy gone.

What's the saying about the size of the dog in the fight....or the fight in the dog? Let's see how much fight SW has.

Yeah yeah and JJ was supposed to win the Heisman. I'll wait to judge

Can't argue with that.

I do think it's instructive for the "oh no, not the little white fella" crowd.

Think that many of us have adopted the concept that all QBs should look like Cam.....which tells me that those people have forgotten how that kid Murray from UGA gave us fits for 4 years....don't know about the rest of you but I was glad to see that guy gone.

What's the saying about the size of the dog in the fight....or the fight in the dog? Let's see how much fight SW has.

This has my agree-o-meter pegged.

Archived