Trent Dilfer comments on Sean White & QB development

uncommonfan

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was compelled to look up the record for most interceptions thrown in one game.

John Reaves gave up nine picks on a single Saturday in 1969...against Auburn.

Carry on foaming at the mouth.

They say that records are made to be broken....but going out on a limb...I predict this is one record that will never be broken....

I was there, and you probably were too, '64. LINEBACKER Sonny Ferguson got four or five of those interceptions himself. After the game, Florida all-SEC WR Carlos Alvarez made the statement "Football is like a rose, nice but not essential." It was lots of fun. You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming. :)

I was compelled to look up the record for most interceptions thrown in one game.

John Reaves gave up nine picks on a single Saturday in 1969...against Auburn.

Carry on foaming at the mouth.

They say that records are made to be broken....but going out on a limb...I predict this is one record that will never be broken....

I was there, and you probably were too, '64. LINEBACKER Sonny Ferguson got four or five of those interceptions himself. After the game, Florida all-SEC WR Carlos Alvarez made the statement "Football is like a rose, nice but not essential." It was lots of fun. You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming. :)

Yep I was with my dad....and like the Fla game many years later (2005 or 06 or whatever)....I went there expecting to see AU get run off the field and instead was rewarded with an all-time great AU win. I don't recall who did what....just that we could not believe a highly touted QB like Reaves could make so many bad plays....and still be in the game when he threw INTs # 6-7-8 and 9. Talk about stubborn coaches....

I would be thrilled if he is just as good as Brandon Cox.

Absolutely.

Yup! Offenses don't need a Cam, they need a QB who will check receivers and when it's not there, he throws it away or scampers for a few positive yards. I'm not in any way comparing the two, but Aaron Rogers is the perfect QB. He checks his receivers and then runs forward when they aren't open. If he's under pressure, he throws it away. Very rarely do you see him have huge rushing totals and he currently owns the longest streak of games with no interception.

Absolutely.

Yup! Offenses don't need a Cam, they need a QB who will check receivers and when it's not there, he throws it away or scampers for a few positive yards. I'm not in any way comparing the two, but Aaron Rogers is the perfect QB. He checks his receivers and then runs forward when they aren't open. If he's under pressure, he throws it away. Very rarely do you see him have huge rushing totals and he currently owns the longest streak of games with no interception.

From Brandon Cox to Aaron Rodgers...that's quite the leap. So we just want him to be Aaron Rodgers? That's setting our expectations a little low don't you think? ;)

Lets see how Sean White reacts to getting hit for the first time. I dont think JJ reacted very well to it and it probably spoiled his game to a certain degree.

I'm fine with a below avg passing attack as long it doesn't look like hes trying to throw to defenders

Absolutely.

From Brandon Cox to Aaron Rodgers...that's quite the leap. So we just want him to be Aaron Rodgers? That's setting our expectations a little low don't you think? ;)

Haha, "Sean White the next Aaron Rogers? My take <link to blog>."

Since we are submitting wish lists here ill throw it out that i want a Johnny Manziel type of QB. Scrambler with play making potential. Considering our O line and Defense

Absolutely.

Haha, "Sean White the next Aaron Rogers? My take <link to blog>."

:clap:

This is all reminding me of the scene in Shallow Hal where he is describing his perfect girl to Tony Robbins.

We could do the same for SW: I want him to have the athleticism of Michael Vick, with the mental toughness and winner mentality of Joe Montana, the accuracy of Aaron Rogers, the coolness of Tom Brady and the football IQ of Peyton Manning. Yep, that should work!

This is all reminding me of the scene in Shallow Hal where he is describing his perfect girl to Tony Robbins.

We could do the same for SW: I want him to have the athleticism of Michael Vick, with the mental toughness and winner mentality of Joe Montana, the accuracy of Aaron Rogers, the coolness of Tom Brady and the football IQ of Peyton Manning. Yep, that should work!

And the arm strength and quick release of Dan Marino. Can't leave out Dan the Man, especially when he is SW's favorite player.

And the arm strength and quick release of Dan Marino. Can't leave out Dan the Man, especially when he is SW's favorite player.

Ah, true. As a Steelers fan, I was trying to find a way to get Bradshaw in there. Maybe I could have said the un-sack-able-ness (!) of Big Ben!

Ah, true. As a Steelers fan, I was trying to find a way to get Bradshaw in there. Maybe I could have said the un-sack-able-ness (!) of Big Ben!

SW will inspire our defense to play like the Steel Curtain, benefit from immaculate receptions and leave Auburn with 4 rings on his hand?

I'm still good with an Aaron Murray/poor man's Drew Brees.

Bold prediction for Sean's first start. No picks or turnovers. 21-25 for 225 and 2 touchdowns. Nothing flashy but enough balance to get the run game going.

All these comparisons is exactly what we don't need...If he doesn't play well you will see the but I thought he was drew brees....posts

All these comparisons is exactly what we don't need...If he doesn't play well you will see the but I thought he was drew brees....posts

And any fool who does that can own it. That's not my problem.

Edit: I suppose I just called a lot of folks around here fools, because they have already done that. Whoops.

And any fool who does that can own it. That's not my problem.

Edit: I suppose I just called a lot of folks around here fools, because they have already done that. Whoops.

To be fair, not many people on this board made the comparisons, we simply identified those comparisons that have been made about him by "those in the know." And in another big part of this board we were simply creating the ideal qb, not in any way saying that SW was that qb.

Archived