Trent Dilfer comments on Sean White & QB development

uncommonfan

All these comparisons is exactly what we don't need...If he doesn't play well you will see the but I thought he was drew brees....posts

And any fool who does that can own it. That's not my problem.

Edit: I suppose I just called a lot of folks around here fools, because they have already done that. Whoops.

To be fair, not many people on this board made the comparisons, we simply identified those comparisons that have been made about him by "those in the know." And in another big part of this board we were simply creating the ideal qb, not in any way saying that SW was that qb.

Good points. I and others, though, have made some Brees (and Aaron Murray) comparisons in the past. Nobody ever said "Sean White will be as good as Drew Brees"- in fact, I'm pretty sure most of us added an explicit "I'm not saying he'll be as good as Brees" disclaimer- but plenty of dullards regurgitated it as such anyway. Idiots gon idiot.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is SW old enough to have seen any of Dan Marino's games?

Not in real time

Thank goodness for cave paintings, eh, golf?

Now that's funny !!!

Not in real time

Now that's funny !!!

This gives away my age, but Marino is the player that got me to love the game of football. I hadn't ever watched a game of football in my life, but we had a biography of Marino in our house and after reading it I was hooked as a Dolphin's fan. My biggest disappointment as a fan is watching Marino fight so hard for a superbowl trophy, but never getting the chance to hoist one up. I am still a Dolphins fan today, but my allegiances aren't nearly as strong as they were when Marino was an active player.

Not in real time

Now that's funny !!!

This gives away my age, but Marino is the player that got me to love the game of football. I hadn't ever watched a game of football in my life, but we had a biography of Marino in our house and after reading it I was hooked as a Dolphin's fan. My biggest disappointment as a fan is watching Marino fight so hard for a superbowl trophy, but never getting the chance to hoist one up. I am still a Dolphins fan today, but my allegiances aren't nearly as strong as they were when Marino was an active player.

I always loved to watch #13 too. Great skills. To show my age...Sully was my childhood Hero. Still is today!!

Not in real time

Now that's funny !!!

I always loved to watch #13 too. Great skills. To show my age...Sully was my childhood Hero. Still is today!!

old fart...................

All these comparisons is exactly what we don't need...If he doesn't play well you will see the but I thought he was drew brees....posts

And any fool who does that can own it. That's not my problem.

Edit: I suppose I just called a lot of folks around here fools, because they have already done that. Whoops.

To be fair, not many people on this board made the comparisons, we simply identified those comparisons that have been made about him by "those in the know." And in another big part of this board we were simply creating the ideal qb, not in any way saying that SW was that qb.

Good points. I and others, though, have made some Brees (and Aaron Murray) comparisons in the past. Nobody ever said "Sean White will be as good as Drew Brees"- in fact, I'm pretty sure most of us added an explicit "I'm not saying he'll be as good as Brees" disclaimer- but plenty of dullards regurgitated it as such anyway. Idiots gon idiot.

Folks are rightly gun shy about big build-ups after hearing all the hype about JJ....which was unfortunate for JJ IMO. He did not need the pressure ...and some mistakes were made by the coaching staff IMO by his coronation as the QB back in the spring before it was necessary....and before a couple younger guys were given a bit more time to try and earn the job.

I suspect that Gus and Lash, were reluctant to back-track on their spring-time decision and were just hoping that JJ would come through when the chips were down....but at some point they could see the obvious.

Probably the buildup for SW on this site is as much a prayer as it is an expectation. Perhaps a few JJ fans are hoping for SW to fail so they can say "I told you so" but I hope they would be ashamed reach that low.....but here..? you just never know.

I am okay with him being just Sean White, redshirt freshman.

Exactly!

Nobody's trying to say he's anybody else. Some folks just use familiar points of reference to try to predict what Sean White, redshirt freshman might play like. I'm not sure why that chaps so many others' butts the way it does.

Exactly!

Nobody's trying to say he's anybody else. Some folks just use familiar points of reference to try to predict what Sean White, redshirt freshman might play like. I'm not sure why that chaps so many others' butts the way it does.

Heisman Trophy and SEC Championship are recent "familiar points of reference" used to try to predict how this year's team might play. That welt is still tender...

Exactly!

Heisman Trophy and SEC Championship are recent "familiar points of reference" used to try to predict how this year's team might play. That welt is still tender...

And that's a healthy touche right there, Realist.

Exactly!

Some are"pre-chaped"...

Exactly!

Some are"pre-chaped"...

Lol. Gotta lump myself into that category some days.

Jj didn't hype himself either but some still had the...I thought he was cam Newton...I thought he was going to win the heisman posts.

Msu are super athletic in the linebackers and secondary unit. 0 to 1 interception(s) is what I'm hoping.

Sean is going to have to be successful in the 12 to 18 yard throws for us to win the game Sat. I guarantee that Ms St will crowd the line of scrimmage and make it hard to run and throw the short passes and the bubble screens. If he is accurate and does well throwing the intermediate passes it will then open up the running game.

Sean is going to have to be successful in the 12 to 18 yard throws for us to win the game Sat. I guarantee that Ms St will crowd the line of scrimmage and make it hard to run and throw the short passes and the bubble screens. If he is accurate and does well throwing the intermediate passes it will then open up the running game.

This is the part that worries me about SW starting. All of his throws from highlights were the deep ball or comebacks on scramble plays. This is a lot to accomplish with a struggling OLine and a QB taking his first collegiate snap against a hungry MSU defense.

^ Just expect the same type of production or worse that JJ was giving the offense bc JJ beat SW out in practice. It'll be a bonus if he can be average

^ Just expect the same type of production or worse that JJ was giving the offense bc JJ beat SW out in practice. It'll be a bonus if he can be average

According to reports, Practice JJ was much better than Practice SW and Game JJ. But let's face it, Game SW doesn't have to be stellar to be better than Game JJ.

According to reports, Practice JJ was much better than Practice SW and Game JJ. But let's face it, Game SW doesn't have to be stellar to be better than Game JJ.

This is what I'm hoping. Nobody on here seems to remember the coaching staff saying Sean got off to a bad start at camp but then picked it up

This is what I'm hoping. Nobody on here seems to remember the coaching staff saying Sean got off to a bad start at camp but then picked it up

Practice...We talkin' bout practice...

Archived