ACA, Higher Deductibles, and Consumer Wages

MDM4AU

The back and forth you two have just had backs up my doubt as to whether or not the govt.can or will do what is best for the American people. Therefore, the easiest thing is for them to push single payer as the way to solve all the problems. It's not propaganda.....it's the train coming from the other end of the tunnel that many see as the light.

Interesting. Does the government control and direct the people or, do the people control and direct the government. Perhaps the people should stop playing the political game. Perhaps the people should stop thinking about what is in the best interest of the party or an ideology and, think about what is best for the country. Perhaps we should embrace mutual respect and compromise. Perhaps we should stop listening to the divisiveness of self-serving politicians and ideologues.

Perhaps it is time to replace the thinking of, "we are good, they are bad" with, "let's work together, let's be willing to compromise"?

We have this group of folks here in this forum, we call them the sewing circle. you need to be addressing your comments to them as well as anyone you think you might be addressing on the right. Afterall: "We are the ones we have been waiting all our lives for," comes from your side of the aisle.

tsc thinks only their opinions are worthy of consideration, i mean why bother to LISTEN to anyone that they disagree with? If someone doesnt 100% agree with their mindset, SHOUT THEM DOWN. It is what yall do.

On the Right, they mindlessly and i do mean mindlessly, regurgitate the Fox News Line, day after day. You on the other hand regurgitate whatever mindless website you happened to view last, just as the Righties do.

There are vested interests on the Right AND LEFT. And believe us all, you folks are just as dementedly one sided as anyone.

Now, if ichy is saying it is time to put away the hammers and the crosses and actually start a real discourse, i am all for that.

But i and many many more arent going to hold our breaths waiting for it to happen.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny to compare positions expressed here to the abortion thread.

The same people who lament "government control" and universal healthcare are the ones who would have the government force women to take a pregnancy to term, then walk away and leave the baby with no healthcare support.

Who the frick said that? Ever?

I want the links to actual people saying "screw the kids after they are born." I think if some of you would take off the blinders you wont even admit are there, you would find that the folks that have been advocating for LIFE instead of Death are financially, emotionally, and in deeds and in time willing, able and already doing the things you just broad brush denied them doing.

As for SIngle Payer: it is coming. It was the end game all along here. That is why no one is even talking about fixing the ACA. The fix is...duh duh duh: Single Payer!

As a Vet, i am on the receiving end of govt total indifference. Obama, to his credit, took on the VA as a campaign PROMISE. As an action taker, he has failed as big as anyone. We have spent more money than ever and fixed nothing. $BN over-runs in Aurora, an additional $16BN got us a 50% increase in wait times, etc, etc, etc.

Single payer will likely be just as screwed up unless it is implemented just as a add-on for Medicare. Any new bureaucracies will end up as bloated as the ACA did day one.

The back and forth you two have just had backs up my doubt as to whether or not the govt.can or will do what is best for the American people. Therefore, the easiest thing is for them to push single payer as the way to solve all the problems. It's not propaganda.....it's the train coming from the other end of the tunnel that many see as the light.

Interesting. Does the government control and direct the people or, do the people control and direct the government. Perhaps the people should stop playing the political game. Perhaps the people should stop thinking about what is in the best interest of the party or an ideology and, think about what is best for the country. Perhaps we should embrace mutual respect and compromise. Perhaps we should stop listening to the divisiveness of self-serving politicians and ideologues.

Perhaps it is time to replace the thinking of, "we are good, they are bad" with, "let's work together, let's be willing to compromise"?

If it can't happen on an AU Family message board what do you think the chances are on a national scale?

So, do you disagree or, are you just not willing to participate?

You may not remember but I tried this a long time ago.You were one who pooh poohed my intent.

That is the problem. You could not, would not make an effort without exclaiming your intentions. Were you genuine, there would have been no need for a declaration. Then, you were not dedicated enough to follow through for more than a couple of days (even for two days there was little difference).

Being a decent person, in real life or, on a message board, is about you, and no one else. You cannot blame anyone for who you are. No one is preventing you from being kind, considerate, thoughtful.

However, if I am going to be held accountable, I feel I at least have the right to make a suggestion. Please, try to take one discussion at a time. Do not enter a discussion with a bad attitude carried forward from a past discussion. And, grow up. There are people on this board I snipe with perpetually and, they never cry, or complain, or act as though the world is not fair. Stop pretending to be a victim. You type the words you post, no one else.

That's a lot of holier than thou BS.

The same people who lament "government control" and universal healthcare are the ones who would have the government force women to take a pregnancy to term, then walk away and leave the baby with no healthcare support.

I want the links to actual people saying "screw the kids after they are born." I think if some of you would take off the blinders you wont even admit are there, you would find that the folks that have been advocating for LIFE instead of Death are financially, emotionally, and in deeds and in time willing, able and already doing the things you just broad brush denied them doing.

As for SIngle Payer: it is coming. It was the end game all along here. That is why no one is even talking about fixing the ACA. The fix is...duh duh duh: Single Payer!

As a Vet, i am on the receiving end of govt total indifference. Obama, to his credit, took on the VA as a campaign PROMISE. As an action taker, he has failed as big as anyone. We have spent more money than ever and fixed nothing. $BN over-runs in Aurora, an additional $16BN got us a 50% increase in wait times, etc, etc, etc.

Single payer will likely be just as screwed up unless it is implemented just as a add-on for Medicare. Any new bureaucracies will end up as bloated as the ACA did day one.

Single Payer WILL be an abject failure. It will be the VA on steroids. If you believed Obama when he promised to do something about the VA then that's on you. Some of us knew who and what he was and he has turned out just like we said he would.

We have this group of folks here in this forum, we call them the sewing circle. you need to be addressing your comments to them as well as anyone you think you might be addressing on the right. Afterall: "We are the ones we have been waiting all our lives for," comes from your side of the aisle.

tsc thinks only their opinions are worthy of consideration, i mean why bother to LISTEN to anyone that they disagree with? If someone doesnt 100% agree with their mindset, SHOUT THEM DOWN. It is what yall do.

On the Right, they mindlessly and i do mean mindlessly, regurgitate the Fox News Line, day after day. You on the other hand regurgitate whatever mindless website you happened to view last, just as the Righties do.

There are vested interests on the Right AND LEFT. And believe us all, you folks are just as dementedly one sided as anyone.

Now, if ichy is saying it is time to put away the hammers and the crosses and actually start a real discourse, i am all for that.

But i and many many more arent going to hold our breaths waiting for it to happen.

I do not represent the left or, the right. I am an individual. I would like to believe that I can appreciate the positives of both sides while, not being blind to their weaknesses or, influenced by their rhetoric.

You are certainly free to do as you wish. I would be cautious though if, I were going to base my own actions, on the actions of others. Honestly, and not meant disrespectfully, that sounds like a juvenile excuse to remain locked into a "peeing contest" of words that only undermines compromise and effective action. It is an attitude that has gone to far and, IMO undermines democracy.

Single Payer WILL be an abject failure. It will be the VA on steroids. If you believed Obama when he promised to do something about the VA then that's on you. Some of us knew who and what he was and he has turned out just like we said he would.

Why will single payer be an "abject failure"? In the relative sense, is it not working in other countries? VA on steroids? Is this rhetoric or reality? You do recognize the difference between the two systems?

The VA has been disappointing many of the veterans it is suppose to serve for a long time. Can you justify laying all of the blame at the feet of Barrack Obama? Is that part of a practical solution or, is that just partisan politics? Please, do not counter with "you aint gonna blame barry for nothin, are ya". Yes, he must take a large share of responsibility but, several other Presidents and, both political parties do also. Obama is not the first to use the VA as convenient piece of campaign rhetoric only to forget the veterans later on.

I do not represent the left or, the right. (edited) :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Man, you need to stop. You are embarrassing yourself.

LOL! Another failed argument turns into another failed personal attack.

You are flat out wrong. ICHY is as close as it gets on this forum to being impartial regarding political bias.

As far as "embarrassing" themselves, you need to focus your attention inward.

You are flat out wrong. ICHY is as close as it gets on this forum to being impartial regarding political bias. :blink:

As far as "embarrassing" themselves, you need to focus your attention inward.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

59878852.jpg

Archived