A Psychologist's Open Letter to Voters

channonc

I think this is an interesting piece. While I am sure he is aiming at one particular candidate, I think these words of advice should be (and can be) equally applied to candidates on both sides of the aisle.

LINK

I think this is an interesting piece. While I am sure he is aiming at one particular candidate, I think these words of advice should be (and can be) equally applied to candidates on both sides of the aisle.

LINK

Excellent read! Thanks for posting.

Some of the characteristics discussed - name calling, black and white thinking (cognitive dissonance) - made me think of a few individuals on this forum.

LINK

Some of the characteristics discussed - name calling, black and white thinking (cognitive dissonance) - made me think of a few individuals on this forum.

Indeed.

Well, in times of crisis, there isn't always the luxury of multiple choice plans of action. You have to either fight of flee. Taking time to figure out a 3rd, 4th, or 5th option will get you ( or many others ) killed.

So yeah, black or white decision making is a pretty good thing to have.

Well, in times of crisis, there isn't always the luxury of multiple choice plans of action. You have to either fight of flee. Taking time to figure out a 3rd, 4th, or 5th option will get you ( or many others ) killed.

Hey, it's worked millions of years for reptiles. ;)

For far longer than humans have been around.

LINK

For far longer than humans have been around.

Yet, I think we should aspire higher.

Archived