Baseball welcomes #10 Class

WarTiger

Now we need a big name hire who knows how to coach these players up and get the best out of them.

Are you sure, mind-blowing, I hope the University gets this message....I was puling for the tire salesman, coaching A-ball, as the savior.....you are so smart. You must have become so intelligent from your years at Auburn, when was it?

Ease up on A4E. He only wants to know what is going on.

It's the same thing he does for every single sport at,AU. It got old a long time ago.

Reading that writeup on the final fall game, there sure were a lot of new names doing some good things. I don't think Sunny left a wasteland. There is enough talent there to field a very competitive team.

Yep......maybe PM just lowering expectations for the new coach.. After making a Regional last year, with a team that's returning most of the pitching staff and returning about a dozen position players who started at some point last season......plus a very good incoming class.....I'm looking for a good year.

JMO but Thompson inherits a very good situation....a bunch of good players who just need some good leadership......he should be able to hit the ground running and AU should be back in the Regionals in 2016.

This thing could go either way. I certainly don't think we're loaded, we'll need Grier and Ebert to find the top of the draft ability they've flashed at times over the last couple of years. Robert and Nulph have got to fish or cut bait on offense. We would greatly benefit if Logan could lead this team from behind and at the plate. Ultimately, we've got to find somebody to fill the huge void that Thompson's absence leaves. The new ball enhanced the offenses but does not negate pitching quality like the old days of the BESR bats. Pitching will be critical on the weekends.

Edit: One last time for emphasis...Phillip Marshall is a fat lard who has outlived his usefulness as a so called insider around Auburn. I had a conversation with Tom Holliday this past summer about the way Marshall treated the program and it was telling how delicately he spoke about it. Golloway simply refused to acknowledge Marshall as a legitimate reporter and Marshall proved it by continually printing opinion.

Reading that writeup on the final fall game, there sure were a lot of new names doing some good things. I don't think Sunny left a wasteland. There is enough talent there to field a very competitive team.

Yep......maybe PM just lowering expectations for the new coach.. After making a Regional last year, with a team that's returning most of the pitching staff and returning about a dozen position players who started at some point last season......plus a very good incoming class.....I'm looking for a good year.

JMO but Thompson inherits a very good situation....a bunch of good players who just need some good leadership......he should be able to hit the ground running and AU should be back in the Regionals in 2016.

This thing could go either way. I certainly don't think we're loaded, we'll need Grier and Ebert to find the top of the draft ability they've flashed at times over the last couple of years. Robert and Nulph have got to fish or cut bait on offense. We would greatly benefit if Logan could lead this team from behind and at the plate. Ultimately, we've got to find somebody to fill the huge void that Thompson's absence leaves. The new ball enhanced the offenses but does not negate pitching quality like the old days of the BESR bats. Pitching will be critical on the weekends.

Edit: One last time for emphasis...Phillip Marshall is a fat lard who has outlived his usefulness as a so called insider around Auburn. I had a conversation with Tom Holliday this past summer about the way Marshall treated the program and it was telling how delicately he spoke about it. Golloway simply refused to acknowledge Marshall as a legitimate reporter and Marshall proved it by continually printing opinion.

Despite the problems of the guys you mentioned, we still ended up in the NCAA tournament. Now, we have a top 10 class coming in. Add that to the returning players and it should be a strong team. Sure we are going to miss Thompson but he was gone a good part of last year anyway. Got some good pitchers coming back and Coach T should be able to help them step up a notch. I'm very optimistic about the team and if Butch is the coach we think he is, Ebert and Grier should get back on track.

As for PM....could not agree more...he and Sunny never got along from Day 1 it seems and PM did all he could to fan any fires of discontent. And people complain about some of our beat writers..... :dunno:

Despite the problems of the guys you mentioned, we still ended up in the NCAA tournament. Now, we have a top 10 class coming in. Add that to the returning players and it should be a strong team. Sure we are going to miss Thompson but he was gone a good part of last year anyway. Got some good pitchers coming back and Coach T should be able to help them step up a notch. I'm very optimistic about the team and if Butch is the coach we think he is, Ebert and Grier should get back on track.

As for PM....could not agree more...he and Sunny never got along from Day 1 it seems and PM did all he could to fan any fires of discontent. And people complain about some of our beat writers..... :dunno:

regarding PM ... even his last few baseball articles, which mostly related to the new assistant coaches, had to have the phrase "fired for cause" thrown in there. At what point does he stop referencing the former coach? It seems odd in the fashion he has written it and really reeks of pettiness at this point (regardless if true).

PM is a petty person....been hanging around quality coaches and athletes all his life and seems to cling to the concept that he can make or break them with his pencil.

just wondering. Is this top 10 class still in tact for this team to be competitive?

Or did we lose many once Golloway left?

Lost two pitchers out of 15 total signees.

Daniel Sprinkle RHP who signed with the Indians and Grayson Jones LHP who signed with the Braves.

just wondering. Is this top 10 class still in tact for this team to be competitive?

Or did we lose many once Golloway left?

Lost two pitchers out of 15 total signees.

Daniel Sprinkle RHP who signed with the Indians and Grayson Jones LHP who signed with the Braves.

Sprinkle is still listed on the roster on the baseball site....they are usually pretty quick to remove a name if a guy leaves....but Jones is not shown on the roster.

To me it was always a good possibility that Sprinkle would got pro.....seems that might not be the case.

Anyone able to confirm either way?

Sprinkle, I believe, is playing at Auburn, not skipping ahead to Major league ball.

I stand corrected, he is listed on the AU baseball roster. All indications were that he would sign with the Indians.

Hopefully Thompson can work the same magic with Speas after this year's draft. We could have some serious power arms to trot out to the mound for once.

Archived