Golloway on the way out?

Mikey

A friend just sent me a report by the usually reliable Jay G. Tate that claims Coach Golloway is in hot water with the administration for some sort of Conduct Unbecoming and may be out the door in short order. Anybody else heard such a thing?

I heard something this morning but could not confirm and for now its a rumor. I'm locking until confirmed one way or another.

Remember the rules of the forum

5) No "unsubstantiated" rumors. Rule of thumb, if you dont have a link for it, don't post it.

Unlocking ... I've heard enough from enough reliable sources to know something is going on ... This is not just a rumor. I'll post more details as soon as I have them ...

There's enough personnel on board to give us a great season if we can get a solid baseball coach. While I was less than thrilled with Golloway's hiring I don't think fruit-basket turnover of coaches is good either. Hint to JJ: When hiring the next guy, forget the small ball stuff and get us a guy that knows baseball games are won by big innings, solid pitching and sound defense. I think Golloway has those last two handled. The idea of wasting an out in the first inning to (maybe)bunt a runner to 3rd has got to go.

There's enough personnel on board to give us a great season if we can get a solid baseball coach. While I was less than thrilled with Golloway's hiring I don't think fruit-basket turnover of coaches is good either. Hint to JJ: When hiring the next guy, forget the small ball stuff and get us a guy that knows baseball games are won by big innings, solid pitching and sound defense. I think Golloway has those last two handled. The idea of wasting an out in the first inning to (maybe)bunt a runner to 3rd has got to go.

I generally agree with the comment but the ball only changed a couple years ago and we still had a team built for small ball.....looking at the horses in that #10 recruiting class, it's my view that CSG was not thinking small ball this year.

Hoping this would not affect Holliday.....he seems to have brought home the goods in this year's recruiting class.

We have met the enemy and he is us. The players and parents win? AU loses.

nah....the crybabies are long gone....but if this "rumor" is true, AU does lose IMO.

But, apparently this is still just a rumor and I won't believe it until Phillip Marshall confirms it.

Otherwise it's like the hot news yesterday about JJ and Duke's fight and Kiffin getting fired for messing with Nick's daughter. College sports in Alabama sounds like Jerry Springer is orchestrating most of the news.

nah....the crybabies are long gone....but if this "rumor" is true, AU does lose IMO.

But, apparently this is still just a rumor and I won't believe it until Phillip Marshall confirms it.

Otherwise it's like the hot news yesterday about JJ and Duke's fight and Kiffin getting fired for messing with Nick's daughter. College sports in Alabama sounds like Jerry Springer is orchestrating most of the news.

Behind a pay wall, but AU Undercover and Phillip have at least confirmed SOMETHING is going on.

Behind a pay wall, but AU Undercover and Phillip have at least confirmed SOMETHING is going on.

My comment on PM should have been done in yellow for sarcasm...PM started some rumor last year about CSG insulting the bama coaches....which turned out to be BS. JMO but PM has a target on CSG and will do whatever he can to sink his career at AU....no matter what it might do to AU's baseball program.

I liked PM for the most part, but his issue with CSG is pretty stark IMO. Particularly for someone with the experience he has. It has been repeated and shallow. Seems to have gone past reporting ...

... and lord help us if it is still mommy/daddy issues with CSG. AU64, I'll take your word that has filtered out of the program.

If there is an issue, then get on with it and get past it. having it linger does no one any good.

I liked PM for the most part, but his issue with CSG is pretty stark IMO. Particularly for someone with the experience he has. It has been repeated and shallow. Seems to have gone past reporting ...

... and lord help us if it is still mommy/daddy issues with CSG. AU64, I'll take your word that has filtered out of the program.

If there is an issue, then get on with it and get past it. having it linger does no one any good.

Let me say that I don't have any inside information on the mommy/daddy issues other than to note that nothing came up last season and most of the players and parents reportedly involved were from the previous season and players either graduated or departed.

Unless it was really well hidden, there did not seem to be back-biting and internal problems last year over who was getting to play,etc. The only issue was what I consider the phony scandal about over-working Thompson and "causing his arm injury"....which apparently had no basis in truth.....another PM breaking news story? Meanwhile, a team with modest talent and no power managed to make it to the NCAA tourney for the first time in a while and looks to have greatly improved itself with it's recruiting class.

One does have to wonder, if CSG is such a total ass, how did he manage to recruit the kids he has brought in the last two years ? Shoot ...maybe he is a jerk but the college coaching world is full of them....though there are limits...I understand that.

I hope y'all are right and all the cry babies and loafers are gone. I did have the a opportunity to talk with a few hold overs last year but they are gone now also. I was just worried this was still a hang over from the previous stuff. It's just that I was beginning to feel good or recruiting and waiting to watch a good season when all this came up. I thought baseball might have stepped p a notch. Maybe, still....

I don't know what goes on behind the scenes and Golloway may be a total douche, but until these stories are actually proven true, all I have to say is screw Phillip Marshall and his personal vendetta against CSG.

Dare I ask if Holliday has head coaching chops? Maybe Baird does a one year stint as interim head coach? (now that is some pie in the sky thinking)

Holliday was 281-150 as head coach at Oklahoma State ('97-'03). Four regionals and one CWS appearance. He is the chaperone/safety net.

Have you seen Coach Baird lately? No chance he would even coach one game.

More of the same. Baseball parents...SMH.

Dare I ask if Holliday has head coaching chops? Maybe Baird does a one year stint as interim head coach? (now that is some pie in the sky thinking)

Holliday was 281-150 as head coach at Oklahoma State ('97-'03). Four regionals and one CWS appearance. He is the chaperone/safety net.

Have you seen Coach Baird lately? No chance he would even coach one game.

More of the same. Baseball parents...SMH.

Could be a lots worse I guess

Archived