Thanks you ObamaCare

japantiger

My premiums are increasing another 19% next year (after 19% and 29% increases the two previous years); my deductibles are going up 30%....and my max out of pocket is increasing as well; I just have to wait until next week to find out by how much. This is the third straight year of similar increases.

The other good news I received is the "conventional" policy goes completely away in 2017. The only option available will be self funded plan with an ultra-high deductible....I will have basically self ensure.

But just think....so many illegals now have medical coverage and you are helping pay. :abmbu:

Classic xenophobia. I'm not surprised.

Xenophobia, fear and hatred of strangers...how is being bilked to pay for someone illegally entering the nation xenophobic. Homey, how many illegal aliens are living with you?

But just think....so many illegals now have medical coverage and you are helping pay. :abmbu:

Xenophobia, fear and hatred of strangers...how is being bilked to pay for someone illegally entering the nation xenophobic. Homey, how many illegal aliens are living with you?

So I take you also attribute the high cost of healthcare to illegal aliens?

homie loves to uses words to which he doesn't' know the meaning. Makes him feel important, and part of the conversation.

homie loves to uses words to which he doesn't' know the meaning. Makes him feel important, and part of the conversation.

But, how does it make you feel? Share your feelings. Let it out. How does it make you feel when others use words that they do not understand the meaning of? Does it make you angry? Are you angry with Homer? Is Homer a "stupid liberal" who makes you angry?

But, how does it make you feel? Share your feelings. Let it out. How does it make you feel when others use words that they do not understand the meaning of? Does it make you angry? Are you angry with Homer? Is Homer a "stupid liberal" who makes you angry?

Are you a psychiatrist wannabee?

Nice sand stand, homie.

Actually, this is more likely why:

The top 10 executives at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama made more than $1 million each in 2013 and collectively have doubled their pay since 2011.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2014/08/top_10_executives_at_alabamas.html

Are you a psychiatrist wannabee?

Yes. I am here for Raptor, Japantiger, and anyone else who is no longer able to pay for healthcare. When people cry out like this, we should help them.

The top 10 executives at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama made more than $1 million each in 2013 and collectively have doubled their pay since 2011.

These folks love being robbed by the rich-- still keep blaming the poor and helpless.

No, the high cost of healthcare now comes from Gov't attempt to control prices, supply and demand. When you dump more people into a program; with no increase in supply; you get higher costs and poorer quality service...this is not surprising at all. As to illegals; they add 11m people to the system and do not contribute to its support. As a group; these criminals take over $100b out of the taxpayers pockets. So yes, they contribute to all of us paying higher premiums, higher deductibles for less coverage.

The reality is, you can't keep your doctor or your service...and what is happening to premiums and poorer coverage were predicted; it's called common sense....

These folks love being robbed by the rich-- still keep blaming the poor and helpless.

no, this is to compensate for the added stress that Obamacare brought on them.

No, the high cost of healthcare now comes from Gov't attempt to control prices, supply and demand. When you dump more people into a program; with no increase in supply; you get higher costs and poorer quality service...this is not surprising at all. As to illegals; they add 11m people to the system and do not contribute to its support. As a group; these criminals take over $100b out of the taxpayers pockets. So yes, they contribute to all of us paying higher premiums, higher deductibles for less coverage.

The reality is, you can't keep your doctor or your service...and what is happening to premiums and poorer coverage were predicted; it's called common sense....

If the government actually controlled prices, I don't think you would see prices as high as they are. It's the fact that the government DOESN'T control prices that we have the out of control profit grab by the insurance companies and pharmaceutical industry.

If the government controlled prices, things like this wouldn't happen.

If the government actually controlled prices, I don't think you would see prices as high as they are. It's the fact that the government DOESN'T control prices that we have the out of control profit grab by the insurance companies and pharmaceutical industry.

channoc....I disagree. It may be indirectly but the gov't has a huge influence on the cost of health care.

But just think....so many illegals now have medical coverage and you are helping pay. :abmbu:/>

What a moronic thing to say.

I guess your are so dense you don't recognize sarcasm. Read the earlier posts.

channoc....I disagree. It may be indirectly but the gov't has a huge influence on the cost of health care.

Sorry PT. He claimed the government controlled health care prices. It does not.

But you do agree the gov't has a big influence on medical costs don't you?

Are you coming down for any games this year?

Through public policy sure they have influence. They also have influence over medicare pricing. But to state that they control health care prices is false.

Sure will. Will be there for OM, UGA and Bama. I'm hoping I don't see 3 losses.

Through public policy sure they have influence. They also have influence over medicare pricing. But to state that they control health care prices is false.

Sure will. Will be there for OM, UGA and Bama. I'm hoping I don't see 3 losses.

Hope you will drop by our condo on Magnolia which is on your way to the stadium. I will PM you my cell phone #.

There are many causes of higher health care costs and spending. These causes include higher prices for medical services, paying for volume over value, defensive medicine, use of new technologies and treatments without considering effectiveness, and a lack of transparency of information on prices and quality. There is also evidence that provider consolidation is having a significant upward pressure on health care costs. The causes of higher health care costs and spending are not simply or easy to solve, but they must be addressed or the impact will be severe.

There are many causes of higher health care costs and spending. These causes include higher prices for medical services, paying for volume over value, defensive medicine, use of new technologies and treatments without considering effectiveness, and a lack of transparency of information on prices and quality. There is also evidence that provider consolidation is having a significant upward pressure on health care costs. The causes of higher health care costs and spending are not simply or easy to solve, but they must be addressed or the impact will be severe.

Still not proof of government controlled pricing.

Archived