Thanks you ObamaCare

japantiger

But just think....so many illegals now have medical coverage and you are helping pay. :abmbu:

Classic xenophobia. I'm not surprised.

Xenophobia, fear and hatred of strangers...how is being bilked to pay for someone illegally entering the nation xenophobic. Homey, how many illegal aliens are living with you?

So I take you also attribute the high cost of healthcare to illegal aliens?

No, the high cost of healthcare now comes from Gov't attempt to control prices, supply and demand. When you dump more people into a program; with no increase in supply; you get higher costs and poorer quality service...this is not surprising at all. As to illegals; they add 11m people to the system and do not contribute to its support. As a group; these criminals take over $100b out of the taxpayers pockets. So yes, they contribute to all of us paying higher premiums, higher deductibles for less coverage.

The reality is, you can't keep your doctor or your service...and what is happening to premiums and poorer coverage were predicted; it's called common sense....

If the government actually controlled prices, I don't think you would see prices as high as they are. It's the fact that the government DOESN'T control prices that we have the out of control profit grab by the insurance companies and pharmaceutical industry.

If the government controlled prices, things like this wouldn't happen.

channoc....I disagree. It may be indirectly but the gov't has a huge influence on the cost of health care.

Sorry PT. He claimed the government controlled health care prices. It does not.

There are many causes of higher health care costs and spending. These causes include higher prices for medical services, paying for volume over value, defensive medicine, use of new technologies and treatments without considering effectiveness, and a lack of transparency of information on prices and quality. There is also evidence that provider consolidation is having a significant upward pressure on health care costs. The causes of higher health care costs and spending are not simply or easy to solve, but they must be addressed or the impact will be severe.

Still not proof of government controlled pricing.

I wasn't trying to prove it. Just adding information for clarity.

But just think....so many illegals now have medical coverage and you are helping pay. :abmbu:

Classic xenophobia. I'm not surprised.

Xenophobia, fear and hatred of strangers...how is being bilked to pay for someone illegally entering the nation xenophobic. Homey, how many illegal aliens are living with you?

So I take you also attribute the high cost of healthcare to illegal aliens?

No, the high cost of healthcare now comes from Gov't attempt to control prices, supply and demand. When you dump more people into a program; with no increase in supply; you get higher costs and poorer quality service...this is not surprising at all. As to illegals; they add 11m people to the system and do not contribute to its support. As a group; these criminals take over $100b out of the taxpayers pockets. So yes, they contribute to all of us paying higher premiums, higher deductibles for less coverage.

The reality is, you can't keep your doctor or your service...and what is happening to premiums and poorer coverage were predicted; it's called common sense....

If the government actually controlled prices, I don't think you would see prices as high as they are. It's the fact that the government DOESN'T control prices that we have the out of control profit grab by the insurance companies and pharmaceutical industry.

If the government controlled prices, things like this wouldn't happen.

channoc....I disagree. It may be indirectly but the gov't has a huge influence on the cost of health care.

Sorry PT. He claimed the government controlled health care prices. It does not.

There are many causes of higher health care costs and spending. These causes include higher prices for medical services, paying for volume over value, defensive medicine, use of new technologies and treatments without considering effectiveness, and a lack of transparency of information on prices and quality. There is also evidence that provider consolidation is having a significant upward pressure on health care costs. The causes of higher health care costs and spending are not simply or easy to solve, but they must be addressed or the impact will be severe.

Still not proof of government controlled pricing.

I wasn't trying to prove it. Just adding information for clarity.

Ok, I misunderstood.

I will add that Medicare scheduling influences costs of care but in most cases reduces the burden on the customer. There's a lot of influences to the cost of HC in the USA.

I will add that Medicare scheduling influences costs of care but in most cases reduces the burden on the customer. There's a lot of influences to the cost of HC in the USA.

I agree. In medicare, the government does negotiate prices and fee schedules just like a private insurer does. But not globally. In fact, that's often used as an argument for single payer, that the government gets better deals in negotiating with providers and drug companies.

I also agree that there are a lot of influences on HC cost.

I agree. In medicare, the government does negotiate prices and fee schedules just like a private insurer does. But not globally. In fact, that's often used as an argument for single payer, that the government gets better deals in negotiating with providers and drug companies.

If we dealt with the root causes of need for services and added more direct routes of care for the under served we could make the system a lot better without single payer. A hybrid system of insurance and direct billing/cost combined with federal and state direct compensation for services provided.

If we dealt with the root causes of need for services and added more direct routes of care for the under served we could make the system a lot better without single payer. A hybrid system of insurance and direct billing/cost combined with federal and state direct compensation for services provided.

I don't disagree. I think there are a lot of other things we should try before jumping into the single payer boat. Like I said upthread, I think ACA is a good first step, but it is FAR from perfect. If reasonable people sat down and were really willing to work on the problem, I think we could use ACA as a building block and continue to improve it. Tearing down the state insurance monopolies would be one place to start.

Archived