Loss of Lawson...........

kevon67

.......while only 1 player l do believe his presence on the field makes the D play better imop.......he reminds me a little of fairley............again just my opinion........what say ye.....

....I say he's better than Nasty Nick.....think he's a better leader......as evidenced by the team's drop off....when....he's....not around.......................but...........it seems.............more and more...........like........his career is.........going to.......be......remembered............as.........".........What.....could...'ve.............been......?....".........

....I say he's better than Nasty Nick.....think he's a better leader......as evidenced by the team's drop off....when....he's....not around.......................but...........it seems.............more and more...........like........his career is.........going to.......be......remembered............as.........".........What.....could...'ve.............been......?....".........

l see what you did there lmao.......typing with 360 controller..........yes its a shame.........hip injury possibly season ending

He's not better that Nick. IMO.

Of course the defense is better with Carl out there. But the hard reality is that out of the 30 games he could have played in, he has only been out there for 10 1/2 games. The focus has to be on what is instead of what could be.

Carl's next level motor is missed of course but it would be outstanding if his leadership potential is what it seems. I say seems because it's hard to confirm with injury karma keeping him off the field.

Keep in mind how long it took Nick to have his breakout year. Wasn't he a redshirt junior? Can you imagine Carl's production as a redshirt junior? But there's the problem...we have to imagine his production. Nick produced on the field for a whole season and Carl can't match that.

Keep in mind how long it took Nick to have his breakout year. Wasn't he a redshirt junior? Can you imagine Carl's production as a redshirt junior? But there's the problem...we have to imagine his production. Nick produced on the field for a whole season and Carl can't match that.

It would be nice to see Carl have a full, mature season and the kind of stats he'd put up. Problem is that he hasn't had that chance yet. Until then, I'm not going to put him above Fairley. Fairley dominated every oline he went up against and was the driving force in shutting down Oregon.

It would be nice to see Carl have a full, mature season and the kind of stats he'd put up. Problem is that he hasn't had that chance yet. Until then, I'm not going to put him above Fairley. Fairley dominated every oline he went up against and was the driving force in shutting down Oregon.

Opponents still remember NF for what he did to them, not what he's done to himself.

Opponents still remember NF for what he did to them, not what he's done to himself.

Huh?

Lol i was trying to figure that out too...is he referring to his failure to live up to his top draft pick billing?

I remember people saying Fairley was going to be better than Dareus....wooops I wish it turned out that way though

Huh?

Lol i was trying to figure that out too...is he referring to his failure to live up to his top draft pick billing?

I remember people saying Fairley was going to be better than Dareus....wooops

Gotcha. He's been up and down but the Rams are paying him $5 million for the year and actually trying to get him to gain weight. I guess maybe his production hasn't justified his draft position, but Ryan Leaf he ain't. And he's also had his fair share of injuries.

And his fair share of run ins with the law. NF is one of my all-time favorite AU players but I wish those work ethic and decision making red-flags brought up pre-draft didn't end up being true

But yes, $5M and still in the league with a shot to be productive certainly isn't Leaf or Russell status. I just remember people being livid on here for suggesting Dareus is the better choice at DT in the draft

And his fair share of run ins with the law. NF is one of my all-time favorite AU players but I wish those work ethic and decision making red-flags brought up pre-draft didn't end up being true

I remember a few "Mobile moments" his first year or two, but has he had anything happen the last few years? Honestly don't know.

But yes, $5M and still in the league with a shot to be productive certainly isn't Leaf or Russell status. I just remember people being livid on here for suggesting Dareus is the better choice at DT in the draft

How much is Dareus pullin in these days?

I remember a few "Mobile moments" his first year or two, but has he had anything happen the last few years? Honestly don't know.

I'm not sure either but I think there were 2 incidents relatively close to each other time-wise.

How much is Dareus pullin in these days?

Signed a 6 year, $96-108 million dollar extension before the season, I believe. Was first reported by ESPN as a $108 million dollar deal. So anywhere between 96-108 million lol. Multiple sites list it differently. The site that has the figure breakdown lists it as a $96 million while other sites such as AL.com list it at $108 million.

Lawson could have the impact of dee ford, who was 1st rounder. But Nick, no he isn't. Nick could take over a game with a bad d around him. Haven't seen that from Carl. Lawson is an impact player though. i still remember the TFL he made on 4th down against bama in 2013. big game against ole miss that year too. too bad I'm not expecting him back for the season.

I said this before and was told I was overreacting but it appears that Lawson is, indeed, injury prone and will spend more time recovering from those injuries than he will playing.

That being said, I hope he does turn out to be like Dee Ford. Dee came back from his injuries and had a great final year.

Archived