Loss of Lawson...........

kevon67

Lawson could have the impact of dee ford, who was 1st rounder. But Nick, no he isn't. Nick could take over a game with a bad d around him. Haven't seen that from Carl. Lawson is an impact player though. i still remember the TFL he made on 4th down against bama in 2013. big game against ole miss that year too. too bad I'm not expecting him back for the season.

Which bad D that Nick played with are you referring to? The one filled with seniors that won a NC? Not saying they were world beaters but Carl's been stuck with worse. Carl looked better and better every game of his freshman season and was a MONSTER the only half he's been healthy since then.

You gotta get over the loss of one player, as good as he is. That's no excuse for everyone else to play like crap.

This guy gets it. The success and failure of your defense should not hinge on one guy. Not at this level.

Lawson could have the impact of dee ford, who was 1st rounder. But Nick, no he isn't. Nick could take over a game with a bad d around him. Haven't seen that from Carl. Lawson is an impact player though. i still remember the TFL he made on 4th down against bama in 2013. big game against ole miss that year too. too bad I'm not expecting him back for the season.

Which bad D that Nick played with are you referring to? The one filled with seniors that won a NC? Not saying they were world beaters but Carl's been stuck with worse. Carl looked better and better every game of his freshman season and was a MONSTER the only half he's been healthy since then.

Yes that one. More so the 2009. It was fairley and mcfadden that basically had to stop the other team.

Yes that one. More so the 2009. It was fairley and mcfadden that basically had to stop the other team.

Not sure where you're getting that from. Nick's impact was little more than negligible in '09. Bynes, Stevens, Coleman and McFadden were the defensive leaders on that team. Nick was 14th in tackles and had 1.5 sacks. Coleman had 10 sacks and 4 other players had more sacks than Nick.

McFadden graduated after that year so you're clearly not confusing it with 2010. Sounds like you just made it up.

....I say he's better than Nasty Nick.....think he's a better leader......as evidenced by the team's drop off....when....he's....not around.......................but...........it seems.............more and more...........like........his career is.........going to.......be......remembered............as.........".........What.....could...'ve.............been......?....".........

He's not better that Nick. IMO.

Keep in mind how long it took Nick to have his breakout year. Wasn't he a redshirt junior? Can you imagine Carl's production as a redshirt junior? But there's the problem...we have to imagine his production. Nick produced on the field for a whole season and Carl can't match that.

It would be nice to see Carl have a full, mature season and the kind of stats he'd put up. Problem is that he hasn't had that chance yet. Until then, I'm not going to put him above Fairley. Fairley dominated every oline he went up against and was the driving force in shutting down Oregon.

Opponents still remember NF for what he did to them, not what he's done to himself.

Opponents still remember NF for what he did to them, not what he's done to himself.

Huh?

Probably - Not a good explanation

Was going for: .... you still hear talk about how hard or nasty NF was or recall his dominate play in the NC game; however if Carl was never to play another down, his legacy would be one of primarily getting or staying hurt. That despite his great potential, he's never met expectations except for in small doses, and although a dynamic player he's so far - far from statically remember able.

edit: (statistically)

Archived