John Boehner Is Resigning

Proud Tiger

"Preventing another government shutdown became his singular focus"Wow,

Such bold leadership. The guy was in over his head...he might be a great guy, but when this becomes your singular focus, you are useless. Sort of like Obama negotiating a deal with the Iranians...when you want a deal at all costs; you get a crappy deal. We got a crappy Speaker. He was handed a mandate by the people and promptly caved to the opposition.

Wow?

Faced with the possibility of a government shutdown, I would think any responsible speaker would make that his/her priority.

The 2013 shutdown was supposed to be a death blow to Republicans in the 2014 electiin. I'm not advocating for it but if it takes that to start down the road to reigning in the out of control federal government, then so be it. If you are in the majority then act like it and stand for something other than getting re-elected

Yep...and we all know a shut down is really not a shut down....so call their bluff and see how committed they are to single issues...and then hammer them on the communications front.

You really have a contempt for the American electorate - the perfect Republican.

The 2013 shutdown was supposed to be a death blow to Republicans in the 2014 electiin. I'm not advocating for it but if it takes that to start down the road to reigning in the out of control federal government, then so be it. If you are in the majority then act like it and stand for something other than getting re-elected

Yep...and we all know a shut down is really not a shut down....so call their bluff and see how committed they are to single issues...and then hammer them on the communications front.

You really have a contempt for the American electorate - the perfect Republican.

Democrats manipulate the electorate....now that's perfection. :)

Democrats manipulate the electorate....now that's perfection. :)

No need. All Democrats have to do is stand back and watch.

Republicans Ready For December Shutdown As Boehner Exits

http://www.huffingto...4b0af3706dde150

Democrats manipulate the electorate....now that's perfection. :)/>

All the Democrats have to do is defund planned parenthood and they have the GOP over a barrel. What's the greater good for the country?

All the Democrats have to do is defund planned parenthood and they have the GOP over a barrel. What's the greater good for the country?

You don't appreciate the precedent?

Planned Parenthood hasn't been convicted - or even indicted for committing a crime. Do we really need to set a precedent for legislating via extortion by a "super minority"?

And how would that put the GOP "over the barrel?

Planned Parenthood hasn't been convicted - or even indicted for committing a crime. Do we really need to set a precedent for legislating via extortion by a "super minority"?

If the GOP is so hell bent on shutting down the government this would test their "will" according to the Democrats. We don't need to send money to PP anyway...there are a lot of other reputable organizations that can do what they were doing that don't sell human parts from their pick and pull..... :)

If the GOP is so hell bent on shutting down the government this would test their "will" according to the Democrats. We don't need to send money to PP anyway...there are a lot of other reputable organizations that can do what they were doing that don't sell human parts from their pick and pull..... :)

I keep hearing that but I don't think it's true.

And as far as I know, they have not been indicted for profiting from the tissues they provide researchers. Just the opposite, every investigation has cleared them from doing so as I understand it.

And as far as I know, they have not been indicted for profiting from the tissues they provide researchers. Just the opposite, every investigation has cleared them from doing so as I understand it.

Exactly the problem with you liberals. You just aren't irrational and emotional about the right things. Your hearts bleed for hungry children or, children who are victims of a school shooting. Hell, you all will cry over someone cutting down a 200 year old tree. Yet somehow, you cheer for the abortion of unborn babies. I just don't get it.

Ethics mean anything to you? Seriously? Just because the DOJ hasn't charged them with anything (politics can and do bind the hands of justice at times) doesn't mean what they are doing is rational, ethical, or legal.

Exactly the problem with you liberals. You just aren't irrational and emotional about the right things. Your hearts bleed for hungry children or, children who are victims of a school shooting. Hell, you all will cry over someone cutting down a 200 year old tree. Yet somehow, you cheer for the abortion of unborn babies. I just don't get it.

I don't cheer for the abortion of unborn babies any more than you cheer for the deaths of actual babies killed as "collateral damage" by our military.

So you're right, you don't get it.

Ethics mean anything to you? Seriously? Just because the DOJ hasn't charged them with anything (politics can and do bind the hands of justice at times) doesn't mean what they are doing is rational, ethical, or legal.

I fail to see what's ethical about a lynch mob.

Our government operates by laws, not passions. If you think all abortions should be legal, then work for legislation to make it so. Shutting down the government without a legal basis is anarchy and a threat to our freedoms.

Compromise is not bad if both sides can come to agreement somewhere in the middle. The problem with Boehner and McConnell is they both surrender unconditionally before the fight ever starts. Democrats will fight tooth and nail and use any tactic available to get the things they believe in. A few republicans are in favor of playing hardball back and the liberals screen bloody murder and call them mean and unamerican. Bipartisanship is now defined as Republicans giving up and agreeing with Democrats. The Republican party controls both houses. They get to set the spending priorities. If the roles were reversed liberals would still blame republicans. Funny how it always works that way.

Archived