How concerned should we be

3Jtiger22

Trent Dilfer, who played QB in the Super Bowl felt White would be the starting QB and really felt White would be named starter with AU going to a passing attack. I heard another person sing White's praises after his performance in theUnder Armour All American game. Makes you wonder if Gus had JJ penciled in as starter regardless of how White performed.

Y'all have got to stop putting so much weight into what people say. Coaches, media, players, etc. Believe your eyes.

So none of you thought about the purpose of this thread? Like really what's with this

I did. It's a troll job and he's achieving exactly what he wanted to.

So none of you thought about the purpose of this thread? Like really what's with this

All you had to do was look at who the OP was to figure out the angle of this thread.

Not sure. Need to see how we play against Miss State tonight to get a better assessment.

This.

wde

I'm going to do like Stat and wait until after the season is over to judge how good or bad the team is.

We are fans...that's it. We shouldn't be concerned. Some of your hopes are way too high with a new defensive coordinator, and new quarter back(S). The defense played sloppy the past 4 or 5 years. The mentality is changing already. They are hitting harder, and more are around the ball. Let the season go along and let's see. Let's see how SW responds, let's see how the defense grows. Because if as fans know more than the coaches well why aren't more of you coaching or in the NFL.

Been going to games for 25 years and graduated in 92.

No troll.

But not a wus or sunshine pumper like most on here. I called this last year and nooooo one wanted to hear it or talk about it.

Troll. Funny.

Been going to games for 25 years and graduated in 92.

No troll.

But not a wus or sunshine pumper like most on here. I called this last year and nooooo one wanted to hear it or talk about it.

Troll. Funny.

Weren't you the guy that was "sitting front row" and was on their phone posting away on the Game thread instead of watching the game? Lol.

We have nothing to be concerned about. Considering we are 0-2 in conference play I would say for all practical purposes the season is over. Relegated to the role of hoping for a miracle win against one of the good teams. Honestly a win against any SEC team would be a miracle at this point.

All you had to do was look at who the OP was to figure out the angle of this thread.

Sometimes you have to address uncomfortable questions....no matter where they come from. Could have used the old 1-10 scale like the doctors do when asking about your pain.

If that had been the question, before the game I would have said about 3.....not too much....but now with serious questions about play-calling and the poor play of a couple key offensive players, I'm up to about 6 or so.

Last year, we peaked in the LSU game. We drilled them as bad as you can and could have added a few more scores on them. We played with high emotion and likely could have beaten any team in the country on that night.

Fast forward last Saturday. LSU had this game zeroed in and was determine to play lights out and take us to the woodshed. Most teams playing LSU at the intensity they were playing us last week, could have very well had the same outcome as we did against them.

I do not think we are as bad as advertised; no way whatsoever. I have given some thought, and discussed this yesterday with a friend who played college ball at UNC back in the 80s. It was actually him that brought up this scenario up. He believes that this likely was what happened.

He did agree 100% that JJ needed to hand over the reigns to SW. He likes SW very much and thinks he should have won the job back in the spring. He thinks SW is probably one of the best talents out there to run our offense the way Gus and the rest of us expects. I am excited about this game and fully think we will see the Auburn team that was ranked in the top 10 when the season began.

I am not crazy folks. I made it through Duke Med School and practiced for a short while until I developed a very serious allergy to latex. My home is latex free and is my castle and jail cell at the same time.

WDE!!! The Doc

too bad they didn't have/use nitrile gloves back then. What a difference that may have made to your life. Cool insight into your Sig name too Doc. War Eagle to you sir.

If we're not concerned in a big way, then there's something wrong with us. "Some" players are trying, but I wish I could say the same about the coaches.

Should we be concerned that were at the point where we've lost to miss st 3 out of 4 years and almost 4 in a row? Yes

Makes my stomach turn.

Why'd you even feel the need to post that? I'll fight you in the parking lot.

Here are my thoughts and my way of thinking going into every year. If we have a returning qb, i expect improvement from the year before, unless we have a new oline in front of him. Same holds true for defense, 8 to 9 returning starters, improvement. After watching a couple of games (every year) you can tell if we have an average/good/bad team from the play on the field.

This year AU is a bottom of the SEC West team. Doesnt mean that I'm not cheering for them, its just that my expectations are not high. When dye was here he ran a wishbone offense but eventually changed. Wonder if ole gus has the nerve to do the same? Right now, our best group of players are our running backs. Would love to see us line up for a series in the wishbone with barber, rock and kerryon running those plays.

Archived