Lost- But Definite Improvement- Game stats

shabby

I think we showed improvement. Looked like some of the guys decided they wanted to play football and put more effort into it. I think Sean did well, considering he's a freshman and he was sort of thrown in there. I also think it looks like Duke doesn't care if he's on this team or not. Honestly, I think he checked out once he made his decision to come back, a decision that he regrets. I just feel like our team is not settled. Like no one feels any security at all. Overall, though, I think we may have turned a corner.

And my last comment on this is that we should have NO MORE TEAM MOTTOS!!! Count on me??? Fast and Physical??? I just think that's something that the announcers can use against us on TV. They don't work.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've lost yo dang mind!!! Miss St. is average at best. They have no running game, no big time receivers, and their coach is a blooming idiot. They won't win 6, and we won't either.

Bingo, the opponent tonight was not freakin Ohio St it was Moo St and they just took two in a row from us, neither State nor Auburn will make a bowl, being last in the west is not improvement. This mess started last season and it is not getting better. Man this is 2012 all over again.

Wilson is an amazing receiver. I agree with you otherwise. Prescott is overrated and Dan Mullen is a horrible coach.

not cool to reference that tragic event in relation to football .......... Everyone here would be in Auburn to coach this team for 10% of what Gus makes tomorrow morning. But guess what your phone isn't ringing is it? I dont care what coach speak your listening in these press conferences. (possibly the same one where Lawson was going to play in the LSU game) ....... but QB postion isnt plug in play in that offense and score 50. Maybe some of you guys need to get some houndstooth and start printing your natty championship shirts in your basement before you have won your first conference game like the turd nation does!

This is a great thread. Tonight saw us make significant improvements in important areas. Sean played very well overall, our defense played very, very well and did a good job getting off the field, and our running backs looked great. Punting continues to be a surprising strong suit, and Carlson, while he missed a BIG field goal that has to go into the negative column, nailed another 50+ yarder and is perhaps the biggest weapon we have.

Ironically, what did us in tonight were plays from several of our veterans that were really disappointing. Austin Golson (I assume he was snapping the ball tonight) played horribly. The poor snap and the snap infraction in the red zone were killers. For that matter, the entire O-Line looked like a sieve on a few plays. I could not believe how many balls our receivers dropped. And that missed field goal really did hurt.

I really disagreed with the announcers at the end of the game. They ripped Auburn in some ridiculous ways (i.e. insinuating that Jeremy should possibly come back and that Sean played poorly). I was proud of our fight, and overall I thought we stuck with a very good football team under difficult circumstances. Oh by the way, we're still missing our best defensive player by a country mile and our nickel back. I say good things are ahead both this season and in seasons to come.

War Eagle, Gus, and War Eagle AU Nation!

I think we showed improvement. Looked like some of the guys decided they wanted to play football and put more effort into it. I think Sean did well, considering he's a freshman and he was sort of thrown in there. I also think it looks like Duke doesn't care if he's on this team or not. Honestly, I think he checked out once he made his decision to come back, a decision that he regrets. I just feel like our team is not settled. Like no one feels any security at all. Overall, though, I think we may have turned a corner.

And my last comment on this is that we should have NO MORE TEAM MOTTOS!!! Count on me??? Fast and Physical??? I just think that's something that the announcers can use against us on TV. They don't work.

So that's one "No" vote against "Choke in the Red Zone"?

Bottom line is coaches that lose eight games in a season usually get fired. For various reasons I doubt that will happen in this case.

The media touting this team as an SEC contender preseason isn't helping.

If you had told me before the game that we held them to seventeen points I would have passed out. After I woke up I would have said we won right.

You expect improvement week to week especially early in the season. What I can't wrap my brain around is how did we manage to start the season as an offensive train wreck? Yes after four games and a QB change the offense is showing improvement but the fact remains they failed to score a touchdown tonight

And I don't think I have ever been more embarrassed by comments of Auburn fans.

Not trying to be rude but this board as well as a lot of our fans at just plain soft.

Folks on here spend more time trying to find the bright side than being a realist and changing expectations.

Honestly it starts at the top and our AD is where I would look first.

^^^^ see that is what I'm talking about.

Duke needs to realize that him not participating is hurting his draft status. If he won't do it for the school, team or fans maybe he will do it for himself.

I didn't think Duke played poorly. I saw him make some tough catches and block well on a lot of plays. Not sure why everyone is jumping all over him. And frankly, we need to be getting him the ball more.

Barnacle .... You have a point. Its hard to utilize Duke when you don't use your vertical passing game. I have to say they used it a little on the first drive but after the interception shelved it for the most part.

Barnacle .... You have a point. Its hard to utilize Duke when you don't use your vertical passing game. I have to say they used it a little on the first drive but after the interception shelved it for the most part.

Yeah I and I don't want to make excuses for poor effort but if you want receivers to play hard, you get them the ball. They started to use it late when we were pressed for time and down two scores. I would have liked to have seen more passes on first down.

Yeah I and I don't want to make excuses for poor effort but if you want receivers to play hard, you get them the ball. They started to use it late when we were pressed for time and down two scores. I would have liked to have seen more passes on first down.

Play action on first down would have blown their mind.

The O-Line looked pretty good run blocking but did very poorly in pass protection. That could play into our lack of a vertical passing game. Diaz dialed up blitzes on obvious passing downs but those should be expected and picked up. For the most part they weren't.

I didn't think Duke played poorly. I saw him make some tough catches and block well on a lot of plays. Not sure why everyone is jumping all over him. And frankly, we need to be getting him the ball more.

Yep. Can't catch it if you're not even targeted to catch the ball. When he was targeted on the last two drives i believe it was he got open and caught the ball. Not sure why people always want to aim to him first. We didn't even attempt to target WRs. We had maybe 2-3 passes beyond 15 yards. I get MSU coverage and making sure SW didn't make any mistakes but that's where playcalling comes in to help your QB and WRs out. We didn't.

I can't believe what I am reading in some of these posts! The effort you saw tonight is the bare minimum expectation of college players. There should be no comparison with LSU because the effort was not there.

Secondly, what these beat writers are not reporting is Auburn was shut out of the end zone for the first time under Gus (I believe). Somebody should ask a question or two about that. Finally, who decided to not get Prescott on the ground? He might not need a shower tonight. These coaches make far too much money for this product.

As I said in another thread this is Auburn football folks. Consistently inconsistent. Fire Gus and hire another coach and you will get exactly the same thing as bowden tubbs and chiz. A great season or two and then this. Unless we catch lightning in a bottle and get the next saban or meyer it will be the same thing. Be happy with the slight improvements we saw or don't but if you think a coaching change will automatically solve everything just take a stroll down Auburn history.

As I said in another thread this is Auburn football folks. Consistently inconsistent. Fire Gus and hire another coach and you will get exactly the same thing as bowden tubbs and chiz. A great season or two and then this. Unless we catch lightning in a bottle and get the next saban or meyer it will be the same thing. Be happy with the slight improvements we saw or don't but if you think a coaching change will automatically solve everything just take a stroll down Auburn history.

Plains-stop talking facts. They have their torches and pitchforks ready. Don't you know that all that all you have to do is fire everyone and we instantly get an upgraded staff with all of the nations top talent knocking down our door. Be realistic-until this years struggle on offense we did a good job of marketing ourselves in a VERY UATurd media driven state. We went and got a prized men's bb coach that has built more hype in that sport since we were relevant 15 years ago. Sometimes you can't just throw out the baby with the bath water. It is easy for us to tout the "family" when we are winning and how we arent the lunatic fringe expecting perfection from UAT. Sometimes you have to lose with class and trust that our leaders are "on it". Its time to rally behind our underperforming but improving young team. If you can't handle the ups and downs of college football at any school-you need to check out the games on Sundays.

Everyone has an opinion and that is fine. To me, not much diff between SW and JJ. Handed the ball off and dink passes.

Our "improvement" had a lot to do with Miss State. Their D kept safeties back and our run game looked good until red zone when everything compacts down. They also played pretty base.

I think their O went into turtle mode especially in the 2nd half with a "don't beat yourself" mentality. We have zero pass rush.

I beleive Mullen realized pretty early own that we could not score much and he went conservative on his O. So our D looked somewhat better.

Our O regressed in my opinion. Center position is weak spot. Penalties and bad snaps. I am beginning to wonder why he transferred. Even though he played as freshman I not sure he could crack Ole Miss lineup now.

I can't believe what I am reading in some of these posts! The effort you saw tonight is the bare minimum expectation of college players. There should be no comparison with LSU because the effort was not there.

Secondly, what these beat writers are not reporting is Auburn was shut out of the end zone for the first time under Gus (I believe). Somebody should ask a question or two about that. Finally, who decided to not get Prescott on the ground? He might not need a shower tonight. These coaches make far too much money for this product.

^^^^^^Officially the biggest douchebag on the board. You have very very quickly made a lot of ignore lists, including mine now. you don't even realize half the points you make prove your own argument obsolete. Don't bother responding because I'm adding you to the ignore list immediately and will never see another post you make. Bye bye

Don't assume you know who the Auburn fans are.....

I'm not a sunshine pumper. In fact, I can be one of the harshest critics at times. But I like a lot of what we saw last night. Sean White is going to be great...going to be. In the meantime, we are going to have to deal with the rookie mistakes and errors. And the coaches have to call better plays to protect him until he is playing at a higher level. They have to get Duke the ball...period.

The defense showed signs of life, but the safeties still look lost and there is still no legitimate pass rush on the defensive line. At least McKenzie and Frost weren't overrunning every tackle. And there were some good second half adjustments scheme wise.

It is going to be a painful year. But I'm not ready to give up on Gus and Will just yet. I think we can grow into SW as our quarterback (that little dude is fearless!), and I think WM's defense will get better as he gets his own recruits in place. Just going to take time but unfortunately in the SEC, you are either relevant or rebuilding.

Not trying to be rude but this board as well as a lot of our fans at just plain soft.

Folks on here spend more time trying to find the bright side than being a realist and changing expectations.

Your comments are the same every week and based on them alone its clear you never read anything here if you think that. I also find it odd that you only show up during football season and then only when we are struggling.

Honestly it starts at the top and our AD is where I would look first.

HUH? Exactly how is our AD at fault for this? Here comes the massive spin.....

You should have sat with me last night. I wanted to throat punch the Auburn fans behind me.

Dak is a 3 yr starter in the SEC... How many 3 yr starting QBs do you come across in the SEC? Not very many at all. The last two I can think of are AJ McCarron and Aaron Murray. Dak is good and we didn't get a whole lot of pressure on him. Mississippi state will win at least 8 games. Auburn and Bama both will struggle more than the media previously thought. We played a great game last night. We improved majorly from last week to this week, which is promising to see.

Archived