malzahn is way over paid

tombigbeetiger

hang this loss around malzahns neck....his palycalling in the red zone is just horrible and it didn't just start last night....why try to get cute with peyton barber in the backfield?...running Johnson is there and allowing moo state to call timeout and set up a defense?....this cute stuff is getting old...malzahn lost this game, period....I have no problem with the players this week....they played hard and played to win....too bad malzahn got the lump in HIS throat

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate it but I have to agree with allot of what you said. The H backs and at time the O line, are having problems with the blitz packages as well.

Fantastic turn around by the D in the 2nd Qtr through games end.

Boy this thread was exactly what we needed. Forget the last two years have been some of the best offense Auburn has ever seen. Forget that the problem last year was on D, so he fired a DC after only 2 seasons and hired the best one money could buy. Forget that we are younger overall than any team that won a natty in the last 20 years. Forget that we won every stat of that game other than score. Once you forget every single one of those points, then your point is valid. What will you say when we win out from here? Fire his ass? Go away.

Boy this thread was exactly what we needed. Forget the last two years have been some of the best offense Auburn has ever seen. Forget that the problem last year was on D, so he fired a DC after only 2 seasons and hired the best one money could buy. Forget that we are younger overall than any team that won a natty in the last 20 years. Forget that we won every stat of that game other than score. Once you forget every single one of those points, then your point is valid. What will you say when we win out from here? Fire his ass? Go away.

Get over yourself. People are allowed to vent. If you don't like it, stay out of the thread or off the board altogether.

The last thing we need is more coaching turnover. Malzahn and staff haven't forgotten how to coach. "The best play caller in college football" hasn't suddenly forgotten how to call plays. We fans need to just give it some time.

Get over yourself. People are allowed to vent. If you don't like it, stay out of the thread or off the board altogether.

If people are allowed to vent, then maybe I'm allowed to vent over people venting? Or I guess since you disagree with my version that's not allowed, huh? Let's only allow venting approved by you. I'll message next time before I post and make sure it's ok. Maybe you should take your own advice.

JMO but I thought it had more to do with getting beat on the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Dak consistently had 2-3 seconds more than Sean to sit in the pocket to find an open receiver.

I am not venting at all....4 trips inside the 10 and 6 points to show?....last year, updykes and bowl game?....I finally saw the player play with "want to" and then lose the game on ridiculous play calling that had nothing to do with them....tell me that you are happy with this crap

I have to put this somewhat on Gus... I'm still trying to figure out why we played White if we were only going to try 10 pass attempts through 3 quarters. It felt like the play calling was to "not lose" rather than to try to win. I don't know... I need to watch it again and see how I feel. Just very confused.

If people are allowed to vent, then maybe I'm allowed to vent over people venting? Or I guess since you disagree with my version that's not allowed, huh? Let's only allow venting approved by you. I'll message next time before I post and make sure it's ok. Maybe you should take your own advice.

I do agree that everyone should be allowed to vent but your tone is just overly condescending and obnoxious. This is the second thread I've read this morning that you've overtly attacked someone for being unhappy. Even your response to me is just pure venom. We're all a little shell shocked from the past 4 games...just ease up a little.

JMO but I thought it had more to do with getting beat on the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Dak consistently had 2-3 seconds more than Sean to sit in the pocket to find an open receiver.

This was the whole game. Everyone played a great game. We need a new DL coach because this happens every year and there are no signs of it stopping without returning 1 player.

The Oline needs a new center. He is in the same boat as JJ IMO. No confidence, making wrong reads all game and terrible mistakes at bad times. I can't say fire the OL coach because that has been one of our best groups til now. I expect they will get better, but I definitely believe the center is a problem (and some bad play calling when we knew a blitz was forthcoming)

I have to put this somewhat on Gus... I'm still trying to figure out why we played White if we were only going to try 10 pass attempts through 3 quarters. It felt like the play calling was to "not lose" rather than to try to win. I don't know... I need to watch it again and see how I feel. Just very confused.

Ya' think that might be because the running game was working the best it has all season and White was in his first college game?

Sure... But then why go away from the run in the 4th? The pass attempts were under 10 yards and mostly at 5 yards. It not like we looked at 10 yards passes to clock manage. So why not keep running that read option that seemed to really give MSU issues.

I do agree that everyone should be allowed to vent but your tone is just overly condescending and obnoxious. This is the second thread I've read this morning that you've overtly attacked someone for being unhappy. Even your response to me is just pure venom. We're all a little shell shocked from the past 4 games...just ease up a little.

51zwx3d81ia8ju.jpg

I am not venting at all....4 trips inside the 10 and 6 points to show?....last year, updykes and bowl game?....I finally saw the player play with "want to" and then lose the game on ridiculous play calling that had nothing to do with them....tell me that you are happy with this crap

Just because a play doesn't work doesn't mean the play call was bad. There is such thing as poor execution.

Just because a play doesn't work doesn't mean the play call was bad. There is such thing as poor execution.

You mean they weren't supposed to snap the ball over SW's head, Stat?

:P

IMO this loss is on the entire offensive coaching staff. The offense is not well coached. Too many problems with lining up, substitutions, poor execution and bone headed penalties on early downs which resulted in 3rd and long situations which further resulted missed 3rd down conversions. I also noticed a number of pass routes that were way too short on 3rd and long. Even though it was early in the game, I'm wondering if the pick on our first possession resulted in Gus going conservative for the remainder of the game.

I'm still a big Malzahn fan but I'm really disappointed with the current trend.

And people are equally allowed to call out post that are asinine

Didn't you support Chizik until the reality kicked you in your butt?

wde

i threw a brick through coaches window for those of yall wanting to act like bama fans. happy?

Unless Malzahn and his staff get things going on the right track, there's a great chance we will end this year with only 4 wins. San Jose State and Idaho.

Agree. But who is responsible for the poor execution? Our team has executed poorly for the past two years.

Archived