malzahn is way over paid

tombigbeetiger

Do we need a mobile QB for the offense to be fully functional? Do we need consistent discipline for every player? Do we need more experience? Do we need Gus to be more aggressive in playcalls? Garner must be teaching the DL how to tango in practice because I felt like I was chaperoning a high school dance when I was watching the DL play.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And people are equally allowed to call out post that are asinine

Didn't you support Chizik until the reality kicked you in your butt?

wde

no, I supported the DCs that the uninformed continued to say didn't know how to coach. Btw, I was proven correct when they left.

Boy this thread was exactly what we needed. Forget the last two years have been some of the best offense Auburn has ever seen. Forget that the problem last year was on D, so he fired a DC after only 2 seasons and hired the best one money could buy. Forget that we are younger overall than any team that won a natty in the last 20 years. Forget that we won every stat of that game other than score. Once you forget every single one of those points, then your point is valid. What will you say when we win out from here? Fire his ass? Go away.

Gus cost Auburn a Natty in 2013 with his conservative play calling and the Outback bowl with his ridiculous OT play calling, neither of which, could be pinned on the defense. Overall, Auburn has dropped 5 straight and 6 of 8 against SEC competition. Myth or reality? Gus is an offensive genius. If he truly is the offensive guru that so many claim him to be, it’s time for Gus to prove his system will work even with talented but inexperienced personnel. Only time will tell.

Boy this thread was exactly what we needed. Forget the last two years have been some of the best offense Auburn has ever seen. Forget that the problem last year was on D, so he fired a DC after only 2 seasons and hired the best one money could buy. Forget that we are younger overall than any team that won a natty in the last 20 years. Forget that we won every stat of that game other than score. Once you forget every single one of those points, then your point is valid. What will you say when we win out from here? Fire his ass? Go away.

Gus cost Auburn a Natty in 2013 with his conservative play calling and the Outback bowl with his ridiculous OT play calling, neither of which, could be pinned on the defense. Overall, Auburn has dropped 5 straight and 6 of 8 against SEC competition. Myth or reality? Gus is an offensive genius. If he truly is the offensive guru that so many claim him to be, it’s time for Gus to prove his system will work even with talented but inexperienced personnel. Only time will tell.

Cost them a NC? He took a 3 win team to the NC game in one year, and had the lead in that game with :30 left....yet he cost them a NC...that's rich. I guess every other coach that didn't even make it there cost them a natty too? Cmon man. thats about as bad of an argument as can be made. Without Gus, that team coming off of 2012 never makes the SECCG, let alone the NC. Cost them a NC...now I've heard it all.

Gus cost Auburn a Natty in 2013 with his conservative play calling and the Outback bowl with his ridiculous OT play calling, neither of which, could be pinned on the defense. Overall, Auburn has dropped 5 straight and 6 of 8 against SEC competition. Myth or reality? Gus is an offensive genius. If he truly is the offensive guru that so many claim him to be, it's time for Gus to prove his system will work even with talented but inexperienced personnel. Only time will tell.

Cost them a NC? He took a 3 win team to the NC game in one year, and had the lead in that game with :30 left....yet he cost them a NC...that's rich. I guess every other coach that didn't even make it there cost them a natty too? Cmon man. thats about as bad of an argument as can be made. Without Gus, that team coming off of 2012 never makes the SECCG, let alone the NC. Cost them a NC...now I've heard it all.

Big difference between Nick Marshall (2013) at QB and Kiehl Frasier and Clint Moseley (2012)

Just because no one on here saw a 7-5, 8-4 year doesn't make them a terrible team. I'm a fan through thick and thin, and i hope they get better. This is so much better than 2008 and 2012, give the coaches credit for benching players not showing effort.

Gus cost Auburn a Natty in 2013 with his conservative play calling and the Outback bowl with his ridiculous OT play calling, neither of which, could be pinned on the defense. Overall, Auburn has dropped 5 straight and 6 of 8 against SEC competition. Myth or reality? Gus is an offensive genius. If he truly is the offensive guru that so many claim him to be, it's time for Gus to prove his system will work even with talented but inexperienced personnel. Only time will tell.

Big difference between Nick Marshall (2013) at QB and Kiehl Frasier and Clint Moseley (2012)

So now he doesn't even get credit for signing Marshall. Gus saw what he would have at qb and signed a JUCO immediately to try and fill the spot. Guess someone else should get that credit too, huh. Unreal.

So now he doesn't even get credit for signing Marshall. Gus saw what he would have at qb and signed a JUCO immediately to try and fill the spot. Guess someone else should get that credit too, huh. Unreal.

I'm pretty sure that was Lashlee. Gus had his footprint all over Keihl Frasier though. How did he work out?

I'm pretty sure that was Lashlee. Gus had his footprint all over Keihl Frasier though. How did he work out?

Who hired Lashlee?????????? Geez you're dense. We got it. Anything good that Auburn has ever done should not be credited and anything bad that can be said will be pushed to the limits. Updyke confirmed over and over and over and over, yet somehow still here.

EDIT: Gus never started Kiehl, right? Wasn't even on staff for that one yet still his fault. It just gets worse and worse.

Who hired Lashlee?????????? Geez you're dense. We got it. Anything good that Auburn has ever done should not be credited and anything bad that can be said will be pushed to the limits. Updyke confirmed over and over and over and over, yet somehow still here.

EDIT: Gus never started Kiehl, right? Wasn't even on staff for that one yet still his fault. It just gets worse and worse.

So wait, are you giving him credit for signing Marshall, Kiehl or hiring Lashlee? Somehow, none of this has to do with my original post.

Point of order.

Gus's "conservative play calling" in the NC game gave us the lead with slightly over a minute to go. It was the defense that allowed the one thing they couldn't allow at the very end that "lost the game". The defense let the opponent gain a large chunk of yardage using little time doing it. The opponent was just trying to get a 1st down. But the defense gave up 47 yards on a 5 yard curl pattern that took only 10 seconds off the clock. That enabled the opponent to get in the red zone with enough time to win the game.

Point of order.

Gus's "conservative play calling" in the NC game gave us the lead with slightly over a minute to go. It was the defense that allowed the one thing they couldn't allow at the very end that "lost the game". The defense let the opponent gain a large chunk of yardage using little time doing it. The opponent was just trying to get a 1st down. But the defense gave up 47 yards on a 5 yard curl pattern that took only 10 seconds off the clock. That enabled the opponent to get in the red zone with enough time to win the game.

Good point, but not needed. No offense to you at all...

There should never be a need to defend the coaching job of taking a 3 win team to the NC. Since then can be debated...but to attack anything that happened that year is signs of a bammer which murph has been shown as a million times on this board to the point that he doesn't even argue with it when called a bammer. To criticize a guy for his "conservative playcalling" during the biggest turnaround in college football history is not even valid and can only come from a rival.

This thread has so much simpleton thinking. Need to boil everything down to 1 person that needs to be "held accountable" & if you can "fix" that everything magically gets better.

Too bad nothing is that simple....

wde

no, I supported the DCs that the uninformed continued to say didn't know how to coach. Btw, I was proven correct when they left.

mmk. So you think Ted Roof is an excellent DC and Ellis Johnson is an excellent DC. Got it but totally disagree. Why, in your opinion, are our defenses are still less than average? I think both Roof and Ellis Johnson are/were average at best as a DC. I think Muschamp is a very good DC. Are you suggesting that both Gene Chizik and Gus Malzahn were/are the problem with the team?

wde

wde

I am not venting at all....4 trips inside the 10 and 6 points to show?....last year, updykes and bowl game?....I finally saw the player play with "want to" and then lose the game on ridiculous play calling that had nothing to do with them....tell me that you are happy with this crap

Just because a play doesn't work doesn't mean the play call was bad. There is such thing as poor execution.

B-I-N-G-O

Vent all you want but the bulk of the blame rests squarely on the players shoulders. Sorry.

BOOM!

wde

mmk. So you think Ted Roof is an excellent DC and Ellis Johnson is an excellent DC. Got it but totally disagree. Why, in your opinion, are our defenses are still less than average? I think both Roof and Ellis Johnson are/were average at best as a DC. I think Muschamp is a very good DC. Are you suggesting that both Gene Chizik and Gus Malzahn were/are the problem with the team?

wde

wde

Pretty sure he was talking about Van Gorder and Chizik only.

Guest WarEagleSteve

Texas A&M is paying Kevin Sumlin $5 million a year to (so far anyway) win fewer and fewer games every year with no SEC title or title game appearance to show for it. Gus is making significantly less than that, has an SEC title on his resume and we're ready to kick him to the curb because we're sitting at .500 with 8 games left in the season? Really?

If people think firing Gus is the answer, you are wrong. That would set this program back years and no decent coach would come in after firing a coach two years removed from the SECCG and a national title run.

I do, however, think changes need to be made on the offensive staff (looking at you Lashlee).

wde

wde

wde

Are you saying they're not? They have all had great success before they got to Auburn and after they left they continued to have success. The only one that has not redeemed himself as of yet is Johnson.

Roof and Van Gorder we're handcuffed their entire time at AU. Others can verify that if you want. Johnson inherited a dumpster fire and was given a thimble to put it out with. I felt bad for Johnson because he never had the jimmies or Joes to compete, that wasn't his or malzahn's fault. Why do you think so many freshman are playing?

To follow up a bit more, Roof had the absolute best halftime adjustments we've seen in a long time at AU. Night and day between halves. Lets just say when game planning on Saturday and Sunday, he wasn't allowed to do what he wanted and was questioned and denied at every turn. He wasn't during halftime.

Archived