Attention Auburn Fans:

KcPg14

I keep hearing how little talent we have and that we are far less talented than bammer, UgA, lSu, and good lord forbid, Ole Miss.

The majority of our team is 4 & 5 star players with some of the better 3 star players in the SEC. The talent is there and should be right there with the elite teams in the SEC. Ole Miss will come unhinged soon enough and fall back in the middle of the SEC pack. If I had to pick who will be the at the top of the SEC come the end of November, I would pick UGA. After that, you could pretty much put the SEC in a big box and draw pretty much the next behind UGA.

I do not like UGA whatsoever, but think they will emerge as the best team in the SEC. I feel that we can fall anywhere between 7-5 and 9-3. With a little luck here and there, we could go 10-2.

Great post Trainer! "I believe in Auburn and love it" is something TRUE Auburn men and women say and mean it! So many people...fans and fly by night fans...these days take what the media says as gospel! According to them we were supposed to be THE team of the SEC this year! Their giving us the title without even a down of football being played. Knowing a change in DC, D personnel and a totally new scheme would be emplemented. This takes time believe it or not! JJ has had a very unexpected start in all of our expectations! So CGM did the right thing and made the change at qb. I wanted JJ to do well as everyone else did but it didnt work out that way. SW did an AUsome job in his play and taking the reigns of the O. He deserves to continue building what has become more productive under him as qb. Now if all of you whiners want to go jump off a bridge go ahead. That will leave real Auburn men and women here who says they believe in Auburn and love it and we know it will be

AUthentic!

I am not a sunshine pumper at all. In 2011 I probably was close to getting banned (not really I did get a warning though). I was a gus fan in 09(about three games in) to when we canned Chizik I wanted Gus. I still am 100% believe Gus is the best we can get. So enough with the "stupid, Jacobs didn't learn anything from the Chizik buyout "comments . Hell, I am still way more concerned about the defense moving forward than I am the offense right now. Dak didn't even try to run much last night. We can't handle it when qbs run. Offensively we have yet to find an identity. It was going to take a few games to nail it down even if JJ hadn't been a disappointment. Now it will be longer. I kinda knew we were overrated coming into the season. I didn't openly express that here, but there were too many question marks.JJ was not one of them. I agree with muschamp that we have a culture problem. We are not physical enough in the trenches on o or d. We don't pass protect and our d line plays chest bumping patty cake with the opposition. That is where about 95% of our problems start imo. It is onGus to change that, but his scheme produces some good rushing yardage with no passing threat and soft lineman. Two maybe three weeks I predict positive results, just hope we don't drop one of the next two.

Deserved criticism on here offends some..and equates to not loving Auburn. It's really hard to see us not losing at least 4 more games (AL, A&M, GA, Ole Miss). And KY is not a pushover this year. We are going to take a lot more lumps this year.... Talent level is still not there.

Great post. We are into the 5th week of the season. This is the SEC West not middle school football. At this level this sport is 24/7/365. We have been coaching these players for months and guess what we made personnel changes that mattered. The defense played much better. Not like from 2000 to 2008 but tons better. The play calling on first down is poor at best. Any arm chair QB can see that MSU was taking away the deep pass, guarding the outside run and guarding against long runs of any type. They couldn't guard everything. What was open? Passing over the middle. Thru 3 quarters we didn't do it enough to matter. Duke is supposed to be an All American by any standard. We won't pass to him because we our offensive play calling is calling from a scared position. Every coaching staff on every team we play can see it. The players did more than I expected. They played their hearts out and played hurt. The defensive coaching staff, special teams coaching staff and the players gave us many opportunities to win. Unfortunately, these opportunities were squandered away.

All of this is correct, I agree totally. Great post!

I had to tell my drunk friends not to jump off the cliff after the game, too. We should have won but couldn't get it done in the redzone, that will improve. D played their tails off in the 2nd half, O moved with confidence and tempo, the players had some swagger and the crowd seemed to respond well to all of the changes.

We are on the right path, we just need to stay the course. We aren't going to win the West, but it's OK. Let's give it our all and try and get some 'upsets' along the way. No one is unbeatable at this point. WDE!

For people complaining about those of us who are complaining... I would say that it is justified that we do. We have recruited some of the best talent in the country the past couple years. These players are better than what is being shown out on the field. Something is not right, and I'm not sure what it is. Too many things look wrong with this team, that shouldn't be wrong.

I saw saw some major issues last night. They are concerning moving forward. They include play calling and Oline performance. Other than that, we improved in every aspect of the game. Last week I was sure we were headed for 4-8. This week I feel more like 8-4. That's a pretty big one week improvement. I think if we keep up improvement we saw last night, by the end of the year we will be one of the best teams in the country and win the iron bowl. That will have us heading into next year with an actual chance at a NC. Fan and media expectations aren't always reality. If we can recruit a couple top notch DL and LB and get some above average OL play, we will be scary good IMO.

Great post and I agree 100 percent

The issue with your post and the reason for everyone being upset is that we already have it. Go look at the average stars of the players in those positions. Virtually everyone on the OL, DL, and LB was a 4 star or higher. There is either a development issue or a technique issue. In either case, we can't make the "we lack talent" excuse anymore.

For people complaining about those of us who are complaining... I would say that it is justified that we do. We have recruited some of the best talent in the country the past couple years. These players are better than what is being shown out on the field. Something is not right, and I'm not sure what it is. Too many things look wrong with this team, that shouldn't be wrong.

I think that's fair. I happen to have some optimism after last week, but Gus shouldn't be getting his ass handed to him by anybody in year 3, and I don't have a problem with fans venting when it does happen.

I don't expect him to post double digit-win seasons every year. I think that's a little unreasonable in this league, unless you're bama and you play a down Tennessee instead of Georgia every year and your main rival seems to be rebuilding every three years. But I expect Auburn to be competitive in every game we play and I expect the losses in our "down" years to still be in question in the fourth quarter. I expect Gus to end this cycle of inconsistency. I think he's paid enough to justify those expectations.

He's still a young coach in a league full of much older ones. He's already helped change the league. I think he'll continue to learn and get better, just like the young players littering our two deep right now. If the MSU game had been our first of the season- which it kinda was, given everything that changed after the LSU game- then I think the conversation would be much different.

But any more losses like LSU, and I'm not going to be trying to talk anybody off the ledge.

Doh, one other thing I want to mention. Living in Atlanta, I constantly hear people complaining that Mark Richt should win more because he has always had so much talent. When assessing our coaches, please remember that it's really awesome that they have recruited so much talent. You can say, "Well, the talent's no good if you can't use it right." All I can say in response is that you're not going to win in this league without the talent, and you're fighting off the best recruiters in the country to get it. So be sure to keep in mind that our staff is doing a HUGE part of their job quite well*.

*I'm prepared to be called an idiot in February if applicable.

I haven't read all the responses but I believe in this coaching staff and particularly our head coach. They will turn it around and I believe it will be this year. S.W. will get more confidence as he moves forward and make the Auburn family proud.

There is a statistic that 6% of the people in the world will never be happy, no matter what. Sometimes I believe Auburn has about 90% of them as fans.

While mistakes were made and there's still issues to overcome, I think they gave us a slight glimpse in a positive direction. That was the first game all year that the kids looked excited and motivated. And contrary to the armchair fans...Muschamp IS one of THE best DC's in the business. Give him some time with these guys. I think he's moving it in the right direction. I believe the more confident Gus is about his D, maybe he'll loosen the reins some and take some game changing chances again. JMO

I am not a sunshine pumper at all. In 2011 I probably was close to getting banned (not really I did get a warning though). I was a gus fan in 09(about three games in) to when we canned Chizik I wanted Gus. I still am 100% believe Gus is the best we can get. So enough with the "stupid, Jacobs didn't learn anything from the Chizik buyout "comments . Hell, I am still way more concerned about the defense moving forward than I am the offense right now. Dak didn't even try to run much last night. We can't handle it when qbs run. Offensively we have yet to find an identity. It was going to take a few games to nail it down even if JJ hadn't been a disappointment. Now it will be longer. I kinda knew we were overrated coming into the season. I didn't openly express that here, but there were too many question marks.JJ was not one of them. I agree with muschamp that we have a culture problem. We are not physical enough in the trenches on o or d. We don't pass protect and our d line plays chest bumping patty cake with the opposition. That is where about 95% of our problems start imo. It is onGus to change that, but his scheme produces some good rushing yardage with no passing threat and soft lineman. Two maybe three weeks I predict positive results, just hope we don't drop one of the next two.

Deserved criticism on here offends some..and equates to not loving Auburn. It's really hard to see us not losing at least 4 more games (AL, A&M, GA, Ole Miss). And KY is not a pushover this year. We are going to take a lot more lumps this year.... Talent level is still not there.

I'm thinking the talent is good enough. Just not experienced enough. Auburn is starting three seniors (all wrs) and a junior on offense. The rest are sophmores and freshman, or the equivalent.

I believee State's starting 22 are all juniors and seniors.

Football is a game. Period. Auburn is a University, a place...People and a purpose. I speak poorly about a game, not about the Place or Purpose.

So with that said. Let's see how we handle SJSU..... Then let us talk about the game again.

Archived