Who is doing the Play-Calling?

AU-24

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we get a summary of the confirmation by ptb? There are so many threads going right now I wouldn't know where to look.

Can we get a summary of the confirmation by ptb? There are so many threads going right now I wouldn't know where to look.

Rhett makes the calls. He's gonna feel the beat for sure now...he already was

Thanks. Surely Gus seems that its time to call upon himself to get ack on track with regards to the playcalling.....right?

Thanks. Surely Gus seems that its time to call upon himself to get ack on track with regards to the playcalling.....right?

Gus is far too loyal to Rhett to take the reins IMO. I doubt we see any difference until Rhett is gone completely.

Gus is far too loyal to Rhett to take the reins IMO. I doubt we see any difference until Rhett is gone completely.

I see what you are saying, but so loyal, he'll take losses over wins due to loyalty?

I see what you are saying, but so loyal, he'll take losses over loyalty?

That's what it looks like to me.

In all fairness, we all said the same things about his loyalty/stubborness on pulling JJ...then by Tuesday we had a new qb. I'll take a wait and see approach here. We've had really good offenses the previous 2 years so I also believe a few bad performances can be overlooked based on prior success and the hope that it improves. If it doesn't improve, I suspect Gus will change it up..although probably later than we would like.

In all fairness, we all said the same things about his loyalty/stubborness on pulling JJ...then by Tuesday we had a new qb. I'll take a wait and see approach here. We've had really good offenses the previous 2 years so I also believe a few bad performances can be overlooked based on prior success and the hope that it improves. If it doesn't improve, I suspect Gus will change it up..although probably later than we would like.

CGM gets a bad rap for being stubborn because he runs plays over and over but when it comes to overall production he has been swift in making changes. Firing Ellis Johnson and pulling JJ come to mind.

So do we have confirmation that Gus obviously did the play calling (last season etc...) and now it is Rhett?

Isn't this something the press could simply ask Gus? Why the secret?

I forwarded this to the staff. The old Tecmo Bowl playbook. 12-2. We going to da 'ship.

Just give it to Bo...best play ever on tecmo

So do we have confirmation that Gus obviously did the play calling (last season etc...) and now it is Rhett?

This should be the real question. If playcalling responsibility has changed, there may be an issue worth addressing. If it is the same as 2013, then there is a precedent of success and may just need some adjustments. So, does anyone know for sure if it used to be Gus calling plays and now it's Rhett? That's the million dollar question.

This should be the real question. If playcalling responsibility has changed, there may be an issue worth addressing. If it is the same as 2013, then there is a precedent of success and may just need some adjustments. So, does anyone know for sure if it used to be Gus calling plays and now it's Rhett? That's the million dollar question.

Obviously no one on here knows (including myself) but it sure seems like more of the O has been delegated to Rhett and it has been a train wreck of a decision.

I forwarded this to the staff. The old Tecmo Bowl playbook. 12-2. We going to da 'ship.

post of the weekend

LOL +1

I can guarantee you that if anyone on this board were to call the plays (instead of CGM and/or CRL), we would be lucky to end up 2-12. Yet, they still start these idiotic posts over and over and over..........

post of the weekend

LOL +1

I can guarantee you that if anyone on this board were to call the plays (instead of CGM and/or CRL), we would be lucky to end up 2-12. Yet, they still start these idiotic posts over and over and over..........

The guy is making about $800.000 per year....no reason not to expect a certain level of competence and expertise. I don't have to run Volkswagen to know that their management screwed up big time and some folks need to be held accountable. Same here.....just sayin'

post of the weekend

LOL +1

The guy is making about $800.000 per year....no reason not to expect a certain level of competence and expertise. I don't have to run Volkswagen to know that their management screwed up big time and some folks need to be held accountable. Same here.....just sayin'

So you are comparing someone who makes split second decisions that require 11 people to execute a series of complex movements while 11 other people try to disrupt it, to someone that willfully commits fraud with the intent to deceive? LOL, thanks for the big ole belly laugh !!! :lol: :lol:

post of the weekend

LOL +1

So you are comparing someone who makes split second decisions that require 11 people to execute a series of complex movements while 11 other people try to disrupt it, to someone that willfully commits fraud with the intent to deceive? LOL, thanks for the big ole belly laugh !!! :lol:/> :lol:/>

He's comparing your instance of "yeah well I'd like to see you do better" style of post. By that logic, unless we aren't in the profession itself we are incapable of being critics.

Do you make movies? Are you able to differentiate between an Oscar-worthy film and a piece of trash? Same logic applies to coaches, books, music, etc.

post of the weekend

LOL +1

So you are comparing someone who makes split second decisions that require 11 people to execute a series of complex movements while 11 other people try to disrupt it, to someone that willfully commits fraud with the intent to deceive? LOL, thanks for the big ole belly laugh !!! :lol: :lol:

Enjoy the laugh.....but whoever is making the play calls is making "split second" decisions then it's even worse than I thought. There are half a dozen experts spending weeks preparing an offensive plan and when faced with 2nd and 3 at the goal, he/they should know what play is likely to work.

Just saying that you don't need to be a coach to know when the coach is not getting the job done.....

Archived