The grown up way

AU Ivory_dealer

The grown up way to watch AU football now is to realize some things. We are what we are and the coaches knew this could happen. All coaches know. The opposite of our preseason would've been similar to the worry that was happening across the state. Our failures are at QB and defensive injuries. SW did everything asked of him and may have been asked to do a little too much at times. You hear Les Miles say "he did what we needed him to do and that's all we want." When he is speaking about BH. Gus and Rhett are rebuilding and it shows. What they had planned flopped. JJ had some problems and real competition exposed that. To say our staff is failing is a tall statement. When you see coaches like muschamp come in, players leave or move down the depth chart, you know change is happening. It is obvious. Carl is deeply missed on the end and teams are riding the line because of it.

Now, there are so many freshmen and a deep load of talent that has to be reorganized. Injuries on offense have been almost as tough because we are now riding our most emotional guys. Leaning on the ones that want it the most. SW moved the ball and spreaded it around nicely.

We are now in a "change of culture." WM's comments meant one thing. The culture from the last few staffs and what was acceptable didn't leave the locker room. People have to get meaner and learn to be heald accountable for bad play and not knowing their assignments. If you don't believe that's WM's feelings look at his face on the sidelines.

Gus flopped and I say Gus because I don't think it is believable to think Rhett is even in 60% control of Auburn's offensive future. Maybe before the 4th of the U of L game. i just feel Gus knows what is at stake and has a big hand on every call that goes out. He screams his nuts off on EVERY presnap. He is very much in control as he talks and covers his speaker in his own huddle. The players just get that dreadful holding/offsides call or we get stopped for short yardage on first. Not nearly as much pass inf.<-- as we are used to. That's all real stuff.

Just know from now on we are in a two year process of building a new team. Gus has time and these next three weeks will be the rebuilding process. 6-6 is very realistic at this point and that would not be the death of our program. We just have to be smart and be grown ups. If you have a twitter account, stay off all things Auburn. Other than educated opinions. Don't let this get toxic for you. War Eagle!

Thank you for saying so eloquently what needed to be said. Do NOT let this get toxic! Perhaps we were spoiled by 2013. We certainly didn't expect Jeremy to struggle as he did. Our star defender is hurt. But Gus has won wherever he's been. Will has put together excellent defenses wherever he's been. Indeed let's be grown ups, stay positive, stay together!

Well said. This should be mandatory reading for everyone who claims to be an Auburn fan. Thumbs uy friend!

Perfect post. Perfect timing. Thanks.

Looking back on the hopes (and that's the point) of JJ, the defense, duke, ect - most were simply glass very half full thinking. There were little facts. Ultimately this team and this season were based on a lot of fragile assumptions. I think many of us are just accepting it now. I'm sure were not "spiraling out of control" - we're just realizing the reality of the situation.

A lot of expectations were mismanaged. Lesson learned. Gus will actually be the better coach for it (and maybe some fresh 2015 thinking and innovation).

Let's move on.

I would take a bullet for you right now.

LOL What's your phone #? Jk

I forgot to put Aubie needs to step up his game too! 2010 spoiled us. 2013 confirmed we can make it. Just got to get in the right seat to have a good view of your team. Kinda got to laugh, shrug it off and pull for your colors on the field. Back to the basics for all! :)

Archived