Opporknockity Tunes!

Mikey

Everyone said we would walk all over JSU and look what happened. I say that because if you overall San Jose State and Kentucky their not Georgia or uat, you could be looking 2 more losses.

Solid post. I have no idea what the hell it means but it's definitely solid.

very solid post 2 more losses what else could it mean

Sorry. I mistook it for English instead of the Jabberwocky that it is.....

Hmmm...when something makes perfect sense to everyone else but not to you...maybe it's not them who have the problem.

the level of blind optimism in this thread baffles me. yes its great to be positive and all that but to think we have a sniffing chance at ATL and comparisons to 2013 is comical.

I look and find it difficult to believe we even become bowl eligible this year. Correct me if I'm wrong but JSU doesn't count due to being a FCS team, right? So we need 5 more wins against FBS opponents. Who would that be?

1. SJSU 2.@UK 3.@ARK 4. Idaho. 5. ??? And that means we have to beat all these other 4 teams. We could easily go to Lexington and lose. Or Arkansas for that matter as they use it to save their season.

In order to fix our various problems we need to first know thyself. Which is that we are just not that good. So temper those expectations a little and hopefully we can still recruit some studs but that will take a hit as well.

And if all else fails maybe we should turn in that scoreboard for some cash and pay players, IDK? :gofig:/> We seem to be paying our coaches too much. The NCAA doesn't seem to really care that much these days anyway with various programs blatantly cheating.

Quite honestly I think we're looking 4-8 dead in the eye. This Auburn team could very easily not win a single SEC game this year. They are that bad. All summer I wondered how so many people could be expecting us to be top 4 material. I had my doubts about JJ being able to adequately run this offense. But even I didn't think it would be this bad. Frankly it looks like somewhere between 2011 and 2012, coming in closer to the latter.

After the Jax St game I thought that I didn't see any problems that could be remedied with any quick fix...nothing that could be cured in a few weeks certainly. It's going to take at least one off season to rebuild this program, maybe two. Where are the top 10 recruiting classes we were hearing about for years? Where is the fire Muschamp was supposed to bring to the defense? Where is the high scoring offense Malzahn is famous for? More like a dream than a reality.

And a bigger question: Why does Auburn have to put up with this? It is a repeating circus we go through every few years; a great team followed by dismal seasons back to back to back. No other school is expected to put up with that. If we're going to look at coaches, lets look at the top one, Jay Jacobs. It's not like any of our other teams are setting the woods on fire either.

I don't want to fire Malzahn or Muschamp. Goodness knows we're already paying too many coaches not to coach. I just want people to earn the millions of $$$ we're paying them.

This board has hit a new low with this mess. 4-8...Fire Jacobs...any chance we have of being good is more a dream than reality.... Looks like 2012 ...blah....blah.....blah....

I'd refute all those points but it's not even worth it here. This one is too far gone

I think we've all heard the, "I COULD refute all that but don't have the time." spiel before. Thanks though.

Archived