UGA opens up as favourite over bama

cooltigger21

This tells me to bet UGA. With lines typically following the money - this is odd. For Vegas to set the line in favor of UGA there must be something I am just not seeing. UGA is my second favorite team in the SEC and I hope they beat uat, but from a betting standpoint I just cant believe UGA is favored. Are bammers really that down on their team?

turds backs are against the wall. lose and they can kiss any chance of playoff good bye. i think they beat uga down unfortunately. that said, living in metro Atlanta, makes it funny when thuga falls flat.

I'm taking the Dawgs in this one. The turds have too many ??? at QB and with UGA wearing red jerseys, it bodes well for the pups.

The way I look at it UAT is just not that good. They lost to Ole Miss at home (who then went on to struggle vs Vandy who is absolutely terrible) and then their offense really sputtered last weekend vs LaMonroe. UGA's defense shouldn't have any trouble stopping them while Bama's defense has to deal with threats all over the field from UGA.

I say UGA by at least 2 touchdowns.

UGA always screws it up except when they play us. This year is no different. With the crash of South Carolina they have played no one. Bammer beats them easily.

What makes u think that about Lambert?

He has only two incompletions in the last two games. I think that will change against a defense that is superior to all the others he has ever competed against.

The way I look at it UAT is just not that good. They lost to Ole Miss at home (who then went on to struggle vs Vandy who is absolutely terrible) and then their offense really sputtered last weekend vs LaMonroe. UGA's defense shouldn't have any trouble stopping them while Bama's defense has to deal with threats all over the field from UGA.

Ole Miss is a damn good football team. That they struggled with Vandy was evidence of a hangover, not of their competence. We see it every year when teams play in big emotional games, they typically struggle the following week.

Alabama's offense may have "sputtered" last week, but their defense was dominant, even for an FCS opponent. I think LA Monroe had like 8 rushing yards and 90 passing yards. If Georgia is going to have success, it won't be running straight at Alabama. That isn't to say that they can't, because their offensive line is too talented and their running backs are too good, but unless they can get creative with their playmakers (I'm looking at you Sony Michel), then Georgia's going to have tough sledding on offense. We've seen pretty consistently that the way to beat Alabama is to spread the field, play with tempo, and get the ball to play makers in space. I know Elliot went yard on them last year, but that's because Ohio State was threatening across the board with talent and a scheme that frankly, Georgia doesn't have. I haven't seen much of Georgia this year, but from what I understand they aren't a team that is going to threaten you down the field, and that's a rebuttable presumption, of course.

Where I'm more apt to agree with you is Georgia's defense vs. Alabama's offense. To me, that's the difference, because this is not going to be a very high scoring game. If Georgia wins, its going to be because of their defense, IMO. If they win by 14 like you predict, its going to be because Alabama turned the ball over like they did against Ole Miss.

I'll bet we see a lot of field goals. Maybe Alabama pulls an Alabama and misses a couple, and Georgia doesn't pull a Georgia and Richt finally wins a big game. In that case, I like Georgia by 2. Otherwise, Alabama wins by a TD.

Alabama is vulnerable in the secondary. If UGA can block the front 7 they'll have success.

Yep. Also, unless Kiffin commits to the run AND UGA doesn't load the box nearly every play, UAT can't out score the leg humpers. They don't have the offense for it.

Alabama is vulnerable in the secondary. If UGA can block the front 7 they'll have success.

That uat front 7 is a nasty bunch. I doubt Chubb will ball out, Lambert will have to air it out. This is going to be a good game.

I will, for that ONE game, root for the bullpuppies. Alas, I think uat by 14 is not too far fetched. I hope to be wrong. :dunno:

That uat front 7 is a nasty bunch. I doubt Chubb will ball out, Lambert will have to air it out. This is going to be a good game.

Use the short outs and hitches. Make the linebackers have to cover receivers or backs and wear em out.

Use the short outs and hitches. Make the linebackers have to cover receivers or backs and wear em out.

Yes, this game will be similar to the Vandy game if Bama can keep the mistakes down they have a chance. UGA has an FPI against Bama of 58.2 that isn't interesting until you compare it to the FPI against UT in Knoxville 57.8, wait what

Don't trust Richt in a big game, bama 31 uga 24

^this^ is the main reason I'm picking uat. i hate it, but Richt always finds a way to blow it and lame kiffin has something to prove.

Hope I am wrong!!

Ole Miss is a damn good football team. That they struggled with Vandy was evidence of a hangover, not of their competence. We see it every year when teams play in big emotional games, they typically struggle the following week.

Alabama's offense may have "sputtered" last week, but their defense was dominant, even for an FCS opponent. I think LA Monroe had like 8 rushing yards and 90 passing yards. If Georgia is going to have success, it won't be running straight at Alabama. That isn't to say that they can't, because their offensive line is too talented and their running backs are too good, but unless they can get creative with their playmakers (I'm looking at you Sony Michel), then Georgia's going to have tough sledding on offense. We've seen pretty consistently that the way to beat Alabama is to spread the field, play with tempo, and get the ball to play makers in space. I know Elliot went yard on them last year, but that's because Ohio State was threatening across the board with talent and a scheme that frankly, Georgia doesn't have. I haven't seen much of Georgia this year, but from what I understand they aren't a team that is going to threaten you down the field, and that's a rebuttable presumption, of course.

Where I'm more apt to agree with you is Georgia's defense vs. Alabama's offense. To me, that's the difference, because this is not going to be a very high scoring game. If Georgia wins, its going to be because of their defense, IMO. If they win by 14 like you predict, its going to be because Alabama turned the ball over like they did against Ole Miss.

I'll bet we see a lot of field goals. Maybe Alabama pulls an Alabama and misses a couple, and Georgia doesn't pull a Georgia and Richt finally wins a big game. In that case, I like Georgia by 2. Otherwise, Alabama wins by a TD.

Ole Miss gave a good blueprint to beat uat throwing the ball and hitting the edges. UGA has to have a solid non-turnover day from Lambert and have him complete some passes downfield to get LBs to back off to be able to hit the edges running. I think it could be like the uat/Ole Miss game, but not sure about UGAs offense hitting the big plays downfield. If the uat QBs actually take care of the ball uat will likely win, but a uat QB has thrown a pick in every game so far. It should be good game except for having to listen to Verne.

Can we pull for both teams to lose???

5 overtimes with neither team scoring and in the 6th overtime thUGA hits a game winner.

Archived