Glass Half Full - What's Next?

RunInRed

165 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you want to see the most improvement Saturday against San Jose State?

• Vertical Passing Game
    • QB - Sean White
    • Offensive Line Performance
    • Pass Rush
    • Missed Tackles
    • Secondary / Communications
    • Coaching / Game Plan / Play Calling
    • Just Win Baby, Win!

Despite the L against Mississippi State, most level-heads will agree Auburn improved last week. In particular, we seem to have found a QB, have reestablished a running game and the defense, while still error prone, seemed to play at a higher level with consistent effort.

That said, what are you most looking for Saturday to see continuous improvement?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted vertical passing game. I'd really like to see us use Ray and Louis deep a few times. I think it would open things up for Duke underneath, and back the defense out of the box a little.

I had to vote just to win. The vertical passing attacks has to occur, so we can open up our offense, but I am so afraid of losing this game to SJSU. I am afraid we will not move the ball enough, or not score enough to keep SJSU off the field and get our defense whipped and outscored. Borges will be ready to exploit the softness and one on one opportunities. They will score.

I voted vertical passing game. I'd really like to see us use Ray and Louis deep a few times. I think it would open things up for Duke underneath, and back the defense out of the box a little.

I agree here, but my vote is for Oline. Without Oline improvement, the vertical passing game is hard to come by. I think the Oline needs to give SW more time to get used to looking down field and I think once he starts seeing it more clearly it will be there. I think the same is possible for JJ as well should SW get injured or prove not ready to be a full time qb. Of course, JJ is his own enemy right now so he just needs time in general.

I voted vertical passing. Hopefully that includes the intermediate passes between the hash marks. Let's hit a guy on something other than a comeback route or heading out of bounds so that he can make something happen. And when we do, how about Duke Williams catch the damn thing this time.

Voted for everything except the QB....looking for improvement all the way around and this is game where we should be able to demonstrate that.

I understand the concerns about the vertical passing game but I don't even know what the issues are right now...poor effort by WRs, poor routes by WRs, poor play selection/timing by the coaches, poor timing on the passes by the QB......or maybe this past week....just good defense by MSU.

I was looking through the YTD stats and something just jumped right out. In 4 games, Duke has 11 catches and Jason Smith has 3. Admittedly they both have drops but that is 2 of our biggest play makers with 14 touches between them. So, I would like to see them more involved some how.

I was looking through the YTD stats and something just jumped right out. In 4 games, Duke has 11 catches and Jason Smith has 3. Admittedly they both have drops but that is 2 of our biggest play makers with 14 touches between them. So, I would like to see them more involved some how.

Agree...but JMO ...they have to make the plays too. We had 3rd and 8 and JS ran a 7 yard route and SW hit him right in the numbers..but he was a yard short of the first down with plenty of room so we punted. And Duke dropped one that was right in his bread basket on a crossing route......major impact on a drive at the time.

SO...who is going to step and actually make the play when the ball is directed to them?

Agree...but JMO ...they have to make the plays too. We had 3rd and 8 and JS ran a 7 yard route and SW hit him right in the numbers..but he was a yard short of the first down with plenty of room so we punted. And Duke dropped one that was right in his bread basket on a crossing route......major impact on a drive at the time.

SO...who is going to step and actually make the play when the ball is directed to them?

As I said, "admittedly they both have drops", so I am aware of those plays. They have to step up is your answer.

As I said, "admittedly they both have drops", so I am aware of those plays. They have to step up is your answer.

I understand...I was hoping for a few more names.

No doubt that JS's best days are ahead of him but frankly, I've kinda lost faith in DW though I know he coaches can't afford to do that. Just that in a "must have situation" I'm not sure i would call a pass to him. We have, give or take, a dozen WRs on the roster not to mention a few pass catching RBs who are pretty reliable thus far. Just hoping that the success of our passing game is not dependent on just 2 guys.

Both those scenarios had already happened earlier in the season. I've been saying this since week 1, along with o line. We need every person and position on this team to get better each week to be respectable

Auburn is getting out played and out coached in the first 4 games. And yes, even the 2 games that we won. We were darn lucky to win those games.

Auburn is getting out played and out coached in the first 4 games. And yes, even the 2 games that we won. We were darn lucky to win those games.

so your glass is empty I take it

so your glass is empty I take it

golf sticks the landing

With a dominant offensive line the rest will fall into place, on offense.

We haven't been in a rhythm at all until the MSU game. We need to improve offense first we are use to below average defense. The defense will take time to fix, we need to fix what can be fixed now.

Not sure it's possible to be considered one of the best playmakers with 3 career touches for 17 total yards. Highest potential perhaps but untapped thus far

Archived