Glass Half Full - What's Next?

RunInRed

165 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you want to see the most improvement Saturday against San Jose State?

• Vertical Passing Game
    • QB - Sean White
    • Offensive Line Performance
    • Pass Rush
    • Missed Tackles
    • Secondary / Communications
    • Coaching / Game Plan / Play Calling
    • Just Win Baby, Win!

I was looking through the YTD stats and something just jumped right out. In 4 games, Duke has 11 catches and Jason Smith has 3. Admittedly they both have drops but that is 2 of our biggest play makers with 14 touches between them. So, I would like to see them more involved some how.

Agree...but JMO ...they have to make the plays too. We had 3rd and 8 and JS ran a 7 yard route and SW hit him right in the numbers..but he was a yard short of the first down with plenty of room so we punted. And Duke dropped one that was right in his bread basket on a crossing route......major impact on a drive at the time.

SO...who is going to step and actually make the play when the ball is directed to them?

As I said, "admittedly they both have drops", so I am aware of those plays. They have to step up is your answer.

I understand...I was hoping for a few more names.

No doubt that JS's best days are ahead of him but frankly, I've kinda lost faith in DW though I know he coaches can't afford to do that. Just that in a "must have situation" I'm not sure i would call a pass to him. We have, give or take, a dozen WRs on the roster not to mention a few pass catching RBs who are pretty reliable thus far. Just hoping that the success of our passing game is not dependent on just 2 guys.

Duke did make one hell of a catch on the sideline in a must catch situation at the end of the MSU game, so I wouldn't lose all faith just yet. He had it when the game was on the line. Maybe that gets him back on track.

As far as the 2 guys being the only options, I believe SW completed passes to 9 different receivers. Pretty diverse for 20 completions.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The OL play dictates how good we are. Good run blocking, no matter the call, opens a hole. Good pass blocking, no matter the call, leads to better precision in the passing game. With out either the game plan goes to hell quickly

The OL play dictates how good we are. Good run blocking, no matter the call, opens a hole. Good pass blocking, no matter the call, leads to better precision in the passing game. With out either the game plan goes to hell quickly

Are you a coach or something?

I guess my glass is about 63% full. We need to block better and give SW more time to go through his progressions for receivers. Our defense is on its way to giving this team a better chance to win games down the road.

I guess my glass is about 63% full. We need to block better and give SW more time to go through his progressions for receivers. Our defense is on its way to giving this team a better chance to win games down the road.

True....the Cole Cubelic lecture the other day showed some of the problems.....RBs can't block, the WRs can barely block and the H Back is still learning to block.....and the OL is being overwhelmed. Hope that 63% is up into the high 80s on Saturday.

Listen to the bird, people... Every truly bad offensive season we've had, in recent history, has hinged on less than stellar O-Line play.

If we had Chad Kelly instead of that Old Pi$$ of a school, we would be scoring 80 points a game and have the entire college football landscape bowing down before us.

Old Pi$$ peaked out in the bammer game like they did last year. Mark my word folks. UF will beat them by 10 or more points. This will put the nasty webels in their place. I see a 35-24 Florida win. I tend to like UF much better than Old Pi$$ on any given day

WDC!

War Damn Corgi!

Her Majesty's Lady Annabelle has spoken. So sayeth the corgi, so sayeth the flock.

WDC

When the Corgi speaks, all heads need to pay attention.

Her Majesty's Lady Annabelle has spoken. So sayeth the corgi, so sayeth the flock.

WDC

When the Corgi speaks, all heads need to pay attention.

I'm 'bout that corgi, Bawse

If we had Chad Kelly instead of that Old Pi$$ of a school, we would be scoring 80 points a game and have the entire college football landscape bowing down before us.

Old Pi$$ peaked out in the bammer game like they did last year. Mark my word folks. UF will beat them by 10 or more points. This will put the nasty webels in their place. I see a 35-24 Florida win. I tend to like UF much better than Old Pi$$ on any given day

WDC!

War Damn Corgi!

That's good and all, but what will you say when Ole Miss beats FL by 20? That's what I expect

WDC!

War Damn Corgi!

That's good and all, but what will you say when Ole Miss beats FL by 20? That's what I expect

I do not think Old Pi$$ can win in the swamp period. Old Pi$$ will flop and flounder in the swamp and will get eaten alive. Vandy could have won that game last Saturday. I stand by my prediction and the War Corgi does as well. I think the rebs are grossly overrated like they were last year. I do not think bammer is worth a crap in the middle of an Ex-Lax factory. UGA will win that one by 13 or more points. UF will keep Kelly out of synch the entire game. I see this being a big SEC East fest on the games that count. UM will go 8-4 if they get a few breaks here and there.

WDC

I want to see some pass rush. I know the plan last week was to keep Prescott in the pocket and sending blitzes may have been counter productive against him but hopefully we have a more stationary target this week. Bring the heat!

WDC!

War Damn Corgi!

Ole Miss has a subtantially better offensive line than Auburn and better receivers

WDC!

War Damn Corgi!

Ole Miss has a subtantially better offensive line than Auburn and better receivers

Yep. I see Florida as the overrated one. So far they have beaten KY and TN...teams that Muschamp never once lost to and that they have 10 plus straight wins over. Big whoop. They SHOULD have lost to TN and will likely lose to OM by more than 10. I'd be more surprised if the game is within a FG than I would if OM wins by 30.

If you would have told that SW would complete 20 out of 28 passes against MSU, I would have said that this young man is a star about to start happening. I love this kid and think we have something special with this young man. Yes we lost the game, but the team actually played its best game of the season in some ways. I know some of you will say otherwise. But I see a bright future with SW.

I would love nothing more than to see JJ get his game on like we thought he was capable of playing. He is an excellent young man that still can help this team win. I wish we would get to the point to where we are over run with top notch QB players on this team.

WDC!

War Damn Corgi!

Yep. I see Florida as the overrated one. So far they have beaten KY and TN...teams that Muschamp never once lost to and that they have 10 plus straight wins over. Big whoop. They SHOULD have lost to TN and will likely lose to OM by more than 10. I'd be more surprised if the game is within a FG than I would if OM wins by 30.

I have to go with the gators without a doubt. I will tell you why....I have a dear friend who is a huge gator fan that is down to his last days on this planet. I just have to believe that the gators will get it done tonight. IF I am wrong, then I will be the first to agree with you. I just have to go with the gators. Old Pi$$ will lose 3-5 games this season. I Stand by this. There is no way Old Pi$$ should ever do better than our Tigers...not today...not tomorrow.....NOT EVER!!! I did enjoy them beating bammer though!

Archived