Note on Malzahn pass-offense

StatTiger

Malzahn's pass-offense at Auburn is 40-5 in games the pass-offense had a passer-rating of 130 or better. During those 45 games, AU averaged 266-yards rushing and 40 PPG.

During the games AU had a passer rating of 129 or lower, AU has a record of 12-14, averaging 24 PPG. Interestingly, Auburn still averaged 222-yards rushing in those games. This would indicate that even a solid rushing game won't be enough to win on a consistent basis unless we are talking about 300+ rushing games.

Auburn is 4-7 in games the pass-offense had a rating of 129 or below and less than 200-yards rushing. The average scoring in those 11 games was 18 PPG.

During the 45 games with a passer-rating of 130 or better, AU averaged an impact play every 4 pass attempts. During the 26 games with a rating of 129 or less, AU average an impact play every 7 pass attempts.

Hi Stat been reading and enjoying your posts for years (spanning multiple different websites) and anytime, I mean anytime, you post, I read it.

Thank you.

Hi Stat been reading and enjoying your posts for years (spanning multiple different websites) and anytime, I mean anytime, you post, I read it.

Thank you.

Glad you enjoy the posts and thanks for the kind words.

Malzahn's pass-offense at Auburn is 40-5 in games the pass-offense had a passer-rating of 130 or better. During those 45 games, AU averaged 266-yards rushing and 40 PPG.

During the games AU had a passer rating of 129 or lower, AU has a record of 12-14, averaging 24 PPG. Interestingly, Auburn still averaged 222-yards rushing in those games. This would indicate that even a solid rushing game won't be enough to win on a consistent basis unless we are talking about 300+ rushing games.

Auburn is 4-7 in games the pass-offense had a rating of 129 or below and less than 200-yards rushing. The average scoring in those 11 games was 18 PPG.

During the 45 games with a passer-rating of 130 or better, AU averaged an impact play every 4 pass attempts. During the 26 games with a rating of 129 or less, AU average an impact play every 7 pass attempts.

Can you summarize what we've had so far this season?

Bad

Bad

Succinct, accurate, and funny. Excellent post :bow:

Stat, you know there's been a lot of talk here lately about the run game, Duke targets, substitution, speed of play and number of plays. As we know, Gus likes to go fast really only after first downs...what I'm curious about is if there are enough plays to actually get Peyton barber carries, Roc and Kerryon and Jovon carries and Duke and Ricardo 10-12 targets each. If the speed of play increases as well as number of targets and carries as well as overall offensive production, then that's solid data to keep the hurry up. We probably don't need stats to tell us that and Not sure what the exact question is but something to consider. I'm wondering if we can find a correlation. Thanks

Good Stuff, Anything on Gus's offenses with Underclassmen at starting positions? This year I was sold on JJ at media days, but now its looking more like just a young team.

In what seasons did we have those games that were below 129 pass rating and under 200 yards? (If you have the data already, don't go look it up on my account.)

The train reaches New York at 9pm. Final answer.

Didn't want to let that one hang out there without a note of appreciation. *high five*

I had my hand up for days on that one. Thanks for picking me up.

In what seasons did we have those games that were below 129 pass rating and under 200 yards? (If you have the data already, don't go look it up on my account.)

2009: 3

2011: 5

2014: 1

2015: 2

HA! If Stat has the data?!? Come on, man!! Of course he has the data.

Didn't want to let that one hang out there without a note of appreciation. *high five*

Is this with Amtrak ?

Is this with Amtrak ?

It would have been Amtrak, but the assumption that the train arrives at 9pm rules that out as a choice. :)

Archived