Obama Wants 200,000 More Refugees

Proud Tiger

A hodge podge is a term meaning a mixture of a lot but a majority of none. Now answer my last question. And calm down......good grief and WTF are not necessary in a civil discussion.

Now that's rich!

Proud Tiger laying out the criteria for a civil discussion? :lmao:

Give him a little credit. He appears to be making an effort.

That's true.

He does seem to be making an effort lately. I will give you credit for that PT. :bow:

(Although, remembering some of his past posts, I still can't help but chuckle a little)

We are already a nation of varied cultures and backgrounds...what's 200,000 more? I'm more inclined in helping them retake their own homeland v/s this but hey.....how do you think my Irish ancestors got here?

USAEireland2.jpg

We are already a nation of varied cultures and backgrounds...what's 200,000 more? I'm more inclined in helping them retake their own homeland v/s this but hey.....how do you think my Irish ancestors got here?

USAEireland2.jpg

Legally I bet. And they soon found jobs or started small businesses to survive. They didn't get on welfare rolls.

A hodge podge is a term meaning a mixture of a lot but a majority of none. Now answer my last question. And calm down......good grief and WTF are not necessary in a civil discussion.

Now that's rich!

That's true.

He does seem to be making an effort lately. I will give you credit for that PT. :bow:

(Although, remembering some of his past posts, I still can't help but chuckle a little)

homer,,,,while you chuckle let me ask.........have you never made nasty posts to poeple and called them names?

USAEireland2.jpg

Legally I bet. And they soon found jobs or started small businesses to survive. They didn't get on welfare rolls.

Different era in history. If we hadn't sold our souls to the Asian and South/Central American markets (NAFTA, etc.) we'd still have the industrial base to support the jobs needed for a thriving economy.

Now that's rich!

That's true.

homer,,,,while you chuckle let me ask.........have you never made nasty posts to poeple and called them names?

Define "nasty".

I try to limit my name calling to the comments rather than the poster, such as saying "that's idiotic" instead of "you are an idiot". That may seam like a subtle difference, but it's important. After all, I don't really know the poster and intelligence is too complex to sum up with one word, but a post is what it is.

But let's get real. You have posted some historical insult rants. (Too bad I didn't collect some.) The veterans of this forum know exactly what I am talking about.

But hey, if you are determined to change, I totally support you and welcome you to the world of civil discourse.

Now that's rich!

Thank you. Slap me if I deserve it.

Your last post wasn't exactly a winner. Start over. Rise above!

So you think homer's post that I responded to is civil? Should I have just said "thank you homer, I agree"?

Well, Homer's post should not set the tone, if you are going to rise above. Sometimes it isn't easy! Sometimes it's impossible but, never stop trying! I noticed your effort and, I appreciate the attempt.

How many of these refugees are Chrisitan ? So far, Obama has been stingy on allowing Christians ( who are being slaughtered whole sale in Iraq and Syria ) into the country. Muslims ? Hell, step right up and c'mon in !

Yes for one thing

But why?

but more so the overall impact of it. Will it allow ISIS , et.al., to sneak in people? Won't it just run the welfare costs further out of sight?

Well now, that's a different argument altogether. It's not an invalid concern. But it sort of goes against the whole premise of ISIS. Their entire mission is about setting up a physical caliphate in that territory of the Middle East. They want people, true believers, coming TO them. They don't have nearly the army of folks that they can be embedding a bunch of terrorists into refugee groups without putting their occupation of territory at grave risk. And they are trying to prevent these people from leaving.

But in my OP I asked what others think? So....what do you think?

I think we have a moral obligation to help these people just from the perspective of it being the Christian thing to do. But we also have an obligation because much of what is happening over there with ISIS is because of actions we took in destabilizing the region with our ill advised invasions and poorly thought out after-war plans.

I pretty much agree except I think ISIS would like to have more in the U.S. for recruiting purposes and even small acts of terrorism just to make the point they can do it.

I think we can take some measures to try and screen people, but I honestly don't think it's a huge concern.

But back to the first point...what about being a nation of hodge podge immigrants bothers you so much?

hodge podge of immigrants is only a problem if they're coming here to bring their old world problems and ways to the new world. Exact same stuff we dealt with back over 100 years ago.

They want to live free, and be Americans, fine. They want to create a Sharia friendly play ground, then we have problems.

Obama and the Left have been hyper accelerating the inflow of non Westernized immigrants , many who are VERY well accustomed to living under the yoke of an oppressive govt, and who'd be more than willing for signing up for O-Care, food stamps, WIC, ... and any of a long list of federal sponsored programs. And they'll be sure to remind the new arrivals which party gave them all these free goodies.

hodge podge of immigrants is only a problem if they're coming here to bring their old world problems and ways to the new world. Exact same stuff we dealt with back over 100 years ago.

They want to live free, and be Americans, fine. They want to create a Sharia friendly play ground, then we have problems.

Obama and the Left have been hyper accelerating the inflow of non Westernized immigrants , many who are VERY well accustomed to living under the yoke of an oppressive govt, and who'd be more than willing for signing up for O-Care, food stamps, WIC, ... and any of a long list of federal sponsored programs. And they'll be sure to remind the new arrivals which party gave them all these free goodies.

I know, right? Those dirty railroad workers...

chinatown.jpg

Now that's rich!

That's true.

Define "nasty".

I try to limit my name calling to the comments rather than the poster, such as saying "that's idiotic" instead of "you are an idiot". That may seam like a subtle difference, but it's important. After all, I don't really know the poster and intelligence is a very complex complex to sum up with one word but a post is what is is.

But let's get real. You have posted some historical insult rants. (Too bad I didn't collect some.) The veterans of this forum know exactly what I am talking about.

But hey, if you are determined to change, I totally support you and welcome you to the world of civil discourse.

I am trying to be more civil. But you make note of my past stuff and want to dwell on those while trying to rationalize and play down your own.

Now that's rich!

So you think homer's post that I responded to is civil? Should I have just said "thank you homer, I agree"?

Well, Homer's post should not set the tone, if you are going to rise above. Sometimes it isn't easy! Sometimes it's impossible but, never stop trying! I noticed your effort and, I appreciate the attempt.

With all civil intent, it seems to me you excuse homer, who fired the first shot. If we are all going to be civil we have to call a spade a spade. To me being civil doesn't mean rise above and ignore insulting comments.JMHO.

Do whatever we can.

Here's a picture of two of these refugees:

web-refugee-crisis-7-twitter.jpg

That boy on the left was named Aylan. He was found on the shores of Turkey facedown, having drowned. I would not recommend googling his name. His brother on the right drowned as well.

Now fill every square inch of whatever room you're in with baby pictures just like this one and you won't have even begun to see the breadth of this disaster. These are just two of thousands.

Will you take a couple in?

Were I asked to? Gladly.

You can volunteer. Seriously I admire you for at least being willing to practice what you preach? But there has to be a limit sometime. Where that is is the question.

I dunno. We have enough room that we can easily fit another family. Two bedrooms currently not in use.

We bought our house with familial expansion in mind.

With enough folks like me that have the means to pull it off, I'm sure we as a country could easily fit a few million, though.

Now that's rich!

With all civil intent, it seems to me you excuse homer, who fired the first shot. If we are all going to be civil we have to call a spade a spade. To me being civil doesn't mean rise above and ignore insulting comments.JMHO.

No offense PT but, you sound like a member of the kindergarten class. As a matter of fact, I did say something to Homer. That is how this conversation began. Everything is relative but, your conduct and ethics should not be. We should all try to rise above pettiness. If you do not wish to, then do not complain about it.

How many of these refugees are Chrisitan ? So far, Obama has been stingy on allowing Christians ( who are being slaughtered whole sale in Iraq and Syria ) into the country. Muslims ? Hell, step right up and c'mon in !

Yeah, Obama is barring all the Christians. I heered it on Rush.

We don't allow no Sharia playgrounds round these parts.

Now that's rich!

No offense PT but, you sound like a member of the kindergarten class. As a matter of fact, I did say something to Homer. That is how this conversation began. Everything is relative but, your conduct and ethics should not be. We should all try to rise above pettiness. If you do not wish to, then do not complain about it.

In the interest of being civil I will pass on responding.

Do whatever we can.

Here's a picture of two of these refugees:

web-refugee-crisis-7-twitter.jpg

That boy on the left was named Aylan. He was found on the shores of Turkey facedown, having drowned. I would not recommend googling his name. His brother on the right drowned as well.

Now fill every square inch of whatever room you're in with baby pictures just like this one and you won't have even begun to see the breadth of this disaster. These are just two of thousands.

Will you take a couple in?

Were I asked to? Gladly.

You can volunteer. Seriously I admire you for at least being willing to practice what you preach? But there has to be a limit sometime. Where that is is the question.

I dunno. We have enough room that we can easily fit another family. Two bedrooms currently not in use.

We bought our house with familial expansion in mind.

With enough folks like me that have the means to pull it off, I'm sure we as a country could easily fit a few million, though.

I can't imagine housing is a limiting factor, but I could foster a family if it were needed and there was a long term plan to integrate them into the community.

I wouldn't house them, but I'm a bit of an a**hole. :)

If their plan is to come here and start anew as Americans, then cool.

If the plan is to come here and chill till things settle down where they are from, that's less cool.

I wouldn't house them, but I'm a bit of an a**hole. :)

If their plan is to come here and start anew as Americans, then cool.

If the plan is to come here and chill till things settle down where they are from, that's less cool.

I'd be ok with either. If they want to start a new life here, then we should help them. If they just need safety right now and eventually they want to go back if things are stable, why not? We helped them at a critical moment.

Archived