Lawson with no crutches

BigWhiskey91

PBarber posted a pic on Twitter with brad Lester, nick Ruffin and Carl Lawson. Lawson wasn't on crutches and looked like he was wearing work out gear. Just waiting on medical clearance now?

The best sources (which are a long way from official) have said that Lawson won't be playing again this year. I know nothing myself, but people that have been correct in the past do not expect him to be back before Spring practice.

Any insight on what the actual injury is? People keep saying hip flexor but that's the same thing as saying "leg". It's a body part.

I figured that would have to have been preseason. But I've heard the same that it would be highly unlikely. Sorry for the false alarm if this was a preseason pic.

Any insight on what the actual injury is? People keep saying hip flexor but that's the same thing as saying "leg". It's a body part.

Hip fracture is the most common unofficial word I've seen.

Thanks. Either CL is super unlucky or the guy is injury prone

Cadillac also had some unlucky injuries his first 2 years, lets hope Lawson comes back and finishes his career off in the same fashion Caddy did

Heard a fracture in hip joint. Best case = back by TaM / Worst case = Career over

Made me think about Bo Jackson and the hip dislocation that essentially ended his career. Medical treatment has come a long way since Bo's day....but the risk is always there I guess.

Hoping for the best with Lawson.

Bo also had an rare type of dislocation that also caused an issue with lack of blood supply to the hip, which, as I understand it, "killed" the bone (for lack of any nuanced understanding). The resulting issues with the "dead" bone, not the dislocation, are what caused him to have the hip replacement.

In other words, if Lawson has a fracture, his injury is nothing like Bo's.

Bo also had an rare type of dislocation that also caused an issue with lack of blood supply to the hip, which, as I understand it, "killed" the bone (for lack of any nuanced understanding). The resulting issues with the "dead" bone, not the dislocation, are what caused him to have the hip replacement.

Pretty much it in a nut shell. If Bo had the same injury today he'd be back the next season....maybe before.

Pretty much it in a nut shell. If Bo had the same injury today he'd be back the next season....maybe before.

Was not equating the two....just pointing out that weird things can happen on a football field in the way of injuries....and some are not repairable.

Pump the brakes. Nobody has suggested his career is over. He does NOT have avascular necrosis that ended Bos nfl career.

was not implying anything except that hip injuries other than hip pointers are unusual...less than 5% of all injuries according to 2 year survey some time ago.

Archived