Another mass shooting at a college campus

tgr4lfe

Dunno if it has been pointed about about titantigers picture.

But it is misleading, picking and choosing countries to compare USA with.

In murders we are WAAAAYYYYYY down the list. Even in attacks with firearms we are not a top 10.

Also, cool FYI if ya take out a few select cities for firearms attacks USA drops to near the bottom :lol:/>

link

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In murders we are WAAAAYYYYYY down the list. Even in attacks with firearms we are not a top 10.

Also, cool FYI if ya take out a few select cities for firearms attacks USA drops to near the bottom :lol:/>

link

http://www.aufamily....40#entry2331367

http://www.cdc.gov/m...f/wk/mm6230.pdf

http://www.pewresear...murder-capital/

FT_14.07.14_HighestMurderRates.png

Look, just getting back to my earlier question...I don't care about ideology here. I support gun ownership. I own guns myself. But looking at this graphic, I simply ask one question: What do we need to do to make our stats match or beat these countries. I don't want excuses, I want ideas.

The biggest difference in the US is the use of guns, mostly hand guns to commit murders in inner city areas. If we get rid of that killing, the US starts to look like Canada and Northern European countries.

The biggest other difference with Canada is that a gun owner must have a license to legally buy and keep firearms and must renew the license every 5 years.

So the real question is how do we fix inner cities? The gun homicide rate is three times worse in the District of Columbia than the rest of the US and 20 times worse than all of Canada. The District of Columbia is completely controlled by the Federal government.

Our government has been unable to control the movement of illegal drugs and illegal immigrants in this country. They can't control illegal firearms either.

http://www.gunpolicy.org/

That doesn't address the issue of mass shootings.

I was addressing where most of the firearm murder rate of 3.55 per 100,000 comes from. Inner city crime and violence

Mass murders are related to:

- persons with mental health problems

- mental health professionals not reporting persons with problems (Aurora) (Ft Hood)

- the legal system not putting restrictions on persons with mental health problems (VaTech killer)

- getting even with employers and family members for grievances

- relatives providing weapons or money to buy weapons to unbalanced family members (Sandy Hook, Charleston, Oregon, etc. )

- the news media and social media publicizing who and how the murders took place

- copying other mass murders for the sake of being famous

60 years ago guns were easier to obtain and cheaper. No waiting periods and you could buy unlimited numbers from hardware stores, gun stores, government surplus, mail order from Sears and other retailers.

We didn't start controlling firearm sales until Kennedy was assassinated with a mail order WWII surplus Italian bolt action rifle. We even stopped showing people being shot in TV Westerns in the 1960s.

So are people just more crazy and violent now than 60 years ago? The mass murder rate has dropped over the years. We just publicize it more and as the killers have taken to killing people in schools.

MassShootings.jpg

What's the other thing that might be done? Adopt Canadian style licensing to control the purchase and keeping of handguns? Meaning you go through applying, background checks, and training over a period of a month to be allowed to purchase and own. However parents with adult children that have mental health problems have to stop allowing them access to the fire arms.

What would you do to limit mass murders??

Also, cool FYI if ya take out a few select cities for firearms attacks USA drops to near the bottom :lol:

:thumbsup:

Look, just getting back to my earlier question...I don't care about ideology here. I support gun ownership. I own guns myself. But looking at this graphic, I simply ask one question: What do we need to do to make our stats match or beat these countries. I don't want excuses, I want ideas.

The biggest difference in the US is the use of guns, mostly hand guns to commit murders in inner city areas. If we get rid of that killing, the US starts to look like Canada and Northern European countries.

The biggest other difference with Canada is that a gun owner must have a license to legally buy and keep firearms and must renew the license every 5 years.

So the real question is how do we fix inner cities? The gun homicide rate is three times worse in the District of Columbia than the rest of the US and 20 times worse than all of Canada. The District of Columbia is completely controlled by the Federal government.

Our government has been unable to control the movement of illegal drugs and illegal immigrants in this country. They can't control illegal firearms either.

http://www.gunpolicy.org/

That doesn't address the issue of mass shootings.

I was addressing where most of the firearm murder rate of 3.55 per 100,000 comes from. Inner city crime and violence

Mass murders are related to:

- persons with mental health problems

- mental health professionals not reporting persons with problems (Aurora) (Ft Hood)

- the legal system not putting restrictions on persons with mental health problems (VaTech killer)

- getting even with employers and family members for grievances

- relatives providing weapons or money to buy weapons to unbalanced family members (Sandy Hook, Charleston, Oregon, etc. )

- the news media and social media publicizing who and how the murders took place

- copying other mass murders for the sake of being famous

60 years ago guns were easier to obtain and cheaper. No waiting periods and you could buy unlimited numbers from hardware stores, gun stores, government surplus, mail order from Sears and other retailers.

We didn't start controlling firearm sales until Kennedy was assassinated with a mail order WWII surplus Italian bolt action rifle. We even stopped showing people being shot in TV Westerns in the 1960s.

So are people just more crazy and violent now than 60 years ago? The mass murder rate has dropped over the years. We just publicize it more and as the killers have taken to killing people in schools.

What's the other thing that might be done? Adopt Canadian style licensing to control the purchase and keeping of handguns? Meaning you go through applying, background checks, and training over a period of a month to be allowed to purchase and own. However parents with adult children that have mental health problems have to stop allowing them access to the fire arms.

What would you do to limit mass murders??

Well for starters, remove the bans on conducting research on the matter. And I would most certainly institute universal background checks.

Everyone should do a little research on how measures of gun control have worked in Australia over several years to sample the results.

‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

ROSEBURG, OR—In the hours following a violent rampage in southwestern Oregon in which a lone attacker killed nine individuals and seriously injured seven others, citizens living in the only country where this kind of mass killing routinely occurs reportedly concluded Thursday that there was no way to prevent the massacre from taking place. “This was a terrible tragedy, but sometimes these things just happen and there’s nothing anyone can do to stop them,” said Ohio resident Lindsay Bennett, echoing sentiments expressed by tens of millions of individuals who reside in a nation where over half of the world’s deadliest mass shootings have occurred in the past 50 years and whose citizens are 20 times more likely to die of gun violence than those of other developed nations. “It’s a shame, but what can we do? There really wasn’t anything that was going to keep this guy from snapping and killing a lot of people if that’s what he really wanted.” At press time, residents of the only economically advanced nation in the world where roughly two mass shootings have occurred every month for the past six years were referring to themselves and their situation as “helpless.”

http://www.theonion.com/article/no-way-to-prevent-this-says-only-nation-where-this-36131

When I see someone that questions Sandy Hook, I immediately put them in the same category with people who question the moon landing and that claim to have been abducted by aliens in UFOs and probed with brain scanners.

‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

That is some razor sharp satire.

Enforce the laws on the books and funnel some $$$ into mental illness. Outside of that WHAT NEW LAW WOULD HAVE STOPPED THIS TRAGEDY BESIDES A CONSTITUTIONAL BREACH?

Thank you. Come again.... :)

Enforce the laws on the books and funnel some $$$ into mental illness. Outside of that WHAT NEW LAW WOULD HAVE STOPPED THIS TRAGEDY BESIDES A CONSTITUTIONAL BREACH?

Children of Beta's killed at birth!!

Well, for one we could make background checks more effective and apply them universally (i.e. gun shows).

Archived